Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

“So tell me the story about how you guys became idols?” I ask all of them as they’re in the hospital room playing with the twins. Even if two days have passed since having them, it still feels awkward knowing that I’m a mother, knowing that there are two little children that have my DNA running through them. It will probably never feel like it’s real.

“It was my idea,” Key says immediately raising his hand. He stops playing with Minjin and looks at me with a serious look.

“But you guys were accepted,” I say in an attempt to believe that they are actually going to become the idols that create music. “Isn’t that…I mean, it just seems like it wouldn’t be possible.”

“Maybe, but we did it,” Jonghyun says with a smile. “I don’t know how we did it, but they apparently liked us enough.”

“And noona, we don’t know how long it’ll take before we become idols, for all we know it could take forever, but we’re going to strive to be our best,” Taemin says.

“I have no doubt you guys are,” I tell them. “You guys are going to become the best and most popular idols in the world. Can I be your number one fan?”

“Of course? You think I’m going to let someone else support me more than my own wife?” Onew asks in his overdramatized ways. Somehow it seems like he’s just back to the old Onew, the one before the birth of the twins and the one before the marriage. The Onew that I became friends with oh so many years ago. “You’ll always be my number one fan.”

“Good,” I say with a smile. “It better stay that way.”

The rest of the time in the hospital passes favorably until I’m released and able to finally go back home. I’ve been missing home a lot, after staying in the hospital so long, and I can’t wait to show Minjin and Jinyoung their new house. Even if they can’t really remember it, I think it’s memorable, bringing home babies for the very first time.

“And here we are!” Onew yells as he opens the front door.

“Shush,” I scold him as I hit his arm. “You’re going to make them cry.”

“Sorry, sorry,” Onew quickly apologizes. “Anyway, welcome home Minjin and Jinyoung. This is where you’re going to be living until appa can make enough money as an idol to buy a better house.”

“What’s wrong with this house?” I ask. “Our parents helped us get it.”

“True, okay then change of plans guys,” he says as he looks a Jinyoung, who he’s carrying, and Minjin, who I’m carrying. “I’m going to make enough money so we can keep two houses. That way whenever your eomma scolds me I’ll be able to make my escape.”

“Hey, that’s not nice,” I say scolding Onew again.

“Sorry, sorry, you know that that’ll never happen.”

“How are you so sure?” I ask raising an eyebrow at him.

“You know that I’ll never do anything to make you angry at me, I promise you.”

“You better keep that promise,” I say sticking my tongue out at Onew as I walk past him and place the baby carrier with Minjin in it on the couch.

“Hey,” he says as he suddenly comes over and back hugs me. “I already told you,” he says as he begins to whisper in my ear. “I told you that I would never do anything to cause you to be mad at me. I love you, Christy, I love you will all of my heart and I promise to you that I will stay by your side forever and ever and ever.”

“Wha, cheesy,” I say as I pull myself away from him and stare at him with a joking expression.  “Someone has been watching too many dramas lately.”

“But those are honest words,” he says as he grabs me once again to give me a quick kiss on the lips. “Everything I tell you is true, I’ll never lie. Never ever.”

“Cheesy,” I comment again before he kisses me once again.

 

Onew’s POV

Slowly, time passes and somehow Christy and I find ourselves looking after babies that are beginning to walk and talk. Slowly they started growing up right before our eyes and we can’t believe it. Even though they still get up in the middle of the night and even though they cry because of everything, they’re starting to become bigger and we can notice them becoming more and more independent.

“Are you okay?” Christy asks me as she hands me a glass of water in the living room. I sit on the couch and watch the children play by smashing blocks together, not understanding what they’re really supposed to do with them.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I say giving her a slightly faint smile.

“I can tell that you’re tired, though,” she says as she runs her fingers through my hair. My eyes immediately close at her touch. It’s only been a year into my training so far, but it feels like it’s been forever. The path to becoming an idol is long and hard, and I can only imagine that it’s going to keep getting harder as the time goes by.

“It’s hard, but it’s all that it takes to be an idol,” I tell her. “Plus keeping up with studies, it’s hard.”

“I would have no doubt, but I’m glad that you’re chasing after your dream.”

“You should chase after yours,” I say as I open my eyes and grab her by the waist, holding her close to me and gently kissing her on the top of the head.

“I will, but as you can see, we have children that need to be taken care of,” she says with a smirk.

“But that shouldn’t stop you from chasing your own dream,” I tell her. “If I’m chasing mine to become an idol, one that I didn’t even know that I had, then whatever dream you have, you shouldn’t stop.”

“Hmm,” she hums as she rests her head on my shoulder. “I will, I will, don’t worry. When our children get old enough I’ll chase my dream, but for now, chase yours and I’ll be supporting you ever step of the way.”

“How in the world did I get someone as good as you?” I ask her.

“Pregnancy,” Christy jokes.

“Well, well, well…I guess that’s true,” I say, I can’t really deny it since it is true that the only reason Christy and I got together was because of the pregnancy.

“But Onew,” Christy begins as she grabs my hand. “Things are only going to get harder from here on out, aren’t they.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, like…with you becoming an idol, it’s going to be difficult. Like won’t the company forbid you from saying anything about already being married and having children?”

“We haven’t gotten that far yet,” I chuckle. “It’s only been my first year of training so far, I still have much to go through, and so do the other guys, but we’ll tackle that when it comes.”

“I’m just…afraid,” she whispers.

“You have nothing to be afraid of, I’ll protect you, I promise,” I tell her. “If there are fans that bother you, I’ll protect you. I’ll do anything for you and my children, without a doubt, okay?”

“Okay,” she says with a nod of her head. I rest my head on top of hers and is slowly starting to enjoy the peace and quiet when I hear the backdoor open.

“We’re home!” Jonghyun yells throughout the house.

“Where are our favorite children?” Minho asks as he runs into the living room to pick up Jinyoung and Minjin.

“Well, it was nice while it lasted,” Christy says with a smile as she looks at me.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, though,” I tell her with a gigantic smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a short chapter as the final chapter because you know, we still have the sequel, haha.

 

And if you didn't already know, the sequel is up and it's titled

Me and My Idol Husband

Visit the story by clicking on the link. 

 

This is the official final chapter of Me and My Bumbilng Best Friend. The Extra Stuffs is next and the real thank you note. So, quickly, as a short thank you note, thank you for staying with me throughout this story and check out the extra stuffs chapter :)

 

Here's Chapter 39. Hope you enjoyed :D