Planning and Nightmares

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

“Key, you make it seem like you’re the one that’s going to get proposed to,” I complain. I’m tired of looking at all of these rings already and have picked out a couple of ones that I thought Christy would like, but Key rejected all of them saying that she probably wouldn’t like those.

“Well it’s going to be special because you want Christy’s heart to come to your side, right?”

“Yeah, considering my competition is Changmin right now,” I mutter.

“I’m sure she’ll learn to love you,” Key says as he looks at yet another ring. “I’m sure that you guys will be a loving couple with enough children for a soccer team.”

“Don’t you think you’re over exaggerating?” I ask. “That ring looks like a good one.”

“You think so?” he asks turning it so I can see it.

“It looks really beautiful and it seems like she would really like it.”

“Then should we get it?” he asks.

“I’m the one that has to propose to her with it. I’m planning on doing it on her actual birthday.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Key says as he attempts to get a salesperson to help us get the ring. “The surprise party will be that day too, though.”

“I can do it at night,” I reason. “Night is always romantic, right?”

“Hello, are you ready?” the same woman from before asks as she comes over.

“Yes, we would like to get this ring,” I say pointing to the one in Key’s hand. I tell her all of the information and she tells me that the ring should come within the next week, which is perfect. “Thank you,” I say as Key and I leave the store. “What are we going to do now?” I ask.

“Plan her surprise party,” Key casually says as he continues walking in front of me.

“Slow down,” I complain. “I have crutches you know.”

“Sorry, sorry,” Key says slowing down so I can catch up with him. “So, what are you going to do about Raina?”

“What is there to do?”

“It’s obvious that she wants you back.”

“I don’t care if she wants me back, what she said that night wasn’t very nice and just made me realize how much of an idiot I was for ever liking her.”

“What did she say?” Key curiously asks.

“She was just furious about not knowing that I was married and that Christy was pregnant. She said some not nice things about the both of us because at that time she didn’t know that I’m the father of the baby.”

“Oh,” Key says nodding his head. He must understand that I don’t want to repeat what she said.

“Ah,” I say stopping in place. “Christy had a doctor’s appointment.”

“Do you think she’s already done?” Key asks looking at his watch.

“Possibly, I’ll call her,” I say as I rummage to get out my phone. “I hope everything went well.”

“Why wouldn’t it?” Key asks giving me a puzzled look.

“You never know. She’s young and it’s our first child, there are apparently a lot of things that could possibly go wrong.”

“Someone’s been doing their homework,” Key says laughing at me.

 

Christy’s POV

Twins? I’m having twins? I stare at the picture as I walk down the street. It’s not entering my head that I’m having twins. It just doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t. I’m having twins. Two babies, that means two babies. That means that we need to get another crib for the nursery, it only has one. Plus all of the clothes, we have to get double. What if Onew mixes up the babies? Are the babies even the same gender?

My thoughts get knocked out of me as my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that it’s Onew. “Hello?” I ask.

“Christy, is your doctor’s appointment done?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’m on my way home now.”

“That’s where Key and I are going now. We’ll meet up there and talk some more later.”

“Okay,” I say as I hang up the phone. How am I going to tell Onew that we’re having twins? He’s the one that got me pregnant with twins. Am I just supposed to say it and hope that he just thinks that it’s the most wonderful thing in the world? Well, he did think that having one baby was the most wonderful thing in the world and it is, but is it alright when we’re still teenagers?

Within a short time, I arrive back home and the house is empty. I figure that Taemin probably took Inguk out with him to the park and Minho and Jonghyun still haven’t arrived home from wherever they are. They’re probably going to be out the whole day. Feeling the need to busy myself, I start cleaning the kitchen by doing the dishes and wiping down the counter and the fridge.

“What are you doing?” Onew asks as he comes into the kitchen.

“I’m cleaning,” I simply say as I continue moving the plates around in the cabinets.

“No one’s going to see inside of the cabinets, though,” he reasons. “You don’t need to clean those, I’m sure they’re fine.”

“I just have a strong urge to clean, I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “It must come with the pregnancy. You’re the one that got me pregnant in the first place.”

“Hey, we were both intoxicated so it can be both of our faults, but let’s go to the living room.” I follow Onew into the living room where Key is already waiting and sit down on the couch. “So, how was your doctor’s appointment?”

“It was good,” I say as I internally freak out on how to tell him. It’s either now or never. I mean, he’s already asking about the doctor’s appointment so I can just say that I got a little bit more news than I was expecting. Or should I hand him the picture and tell him to look at it? If I hand him the picture then he probably won’t be able to recognize what I’m doing or he would simply say that it’s just a picture of the baby and nothing more.

“Are you sure everything went alright?” Key asks as he leans forward in the chair.

“Why wouldn’t it have?” I ask. “The baby is healthy. Actually,” I say reaching into the drawer of the table that a lamp sits on. I hid the picture in there while I was cleaning just in case anyone came home. “I have a picture.”

“Really? Let me see,” Onew says taking the picture from my hand and looking at it. Just like I thought, he doesn’t notice anything.

“Here, I want to see,” Key says taking the picture from Onew and being the observant person he is, he recognizes it. “Christy…do you have something that you want to say?” he asks giving me a stern look, he knows.

“Um…yeah, I do,” I say looking at Onew. “Onew, listen to me for a second and don’t freak out.”

“Why would I freak out? I never freak out,” Onew says as he pretends to be offended.

“Just be serious for once, please?” I beg him and he immediately sits there quietly. “I know that this will probably come as a shock, but look at the picture,” I say as Key hands it back to me. “See anything different?” Onew shakes his head. “Look right there and there,” I say pointing to the spots. “We’re having twins.”

 

Onew’s POV

I heard that correctly, right? Twins? There are two babies involved in this now? “Where?” I immediately ask as I take the picture from Christy’s hands and stare at it attempting to find the two babies. Christy points at them again and I can’t take my eyes off of the picture. “It’s really twins.”

“It really is. The doctor told me,” Christy says with a sigh of relief. “Although we don’t know what they are yet, we know that there are two in there for sure.”

“Two babies,” I repeat as the reality of it starts to sink in. “How in the world are we going to be able to handle two babies?”

“I don’t know,” Christy says, “but at least you aren’t freaking out like I thought you would be.”

“You thought I would freak out?” I ask.

“I thought you would think that having two babies is absolutely absurd.”

“Why would I ever think that? They’re our babies and I’m going to love them no matter what. Plus, even the rest of the hooligans will help us with them.”

“Where’s Inguk?” Key asks looking around the house.

“He went with Taemin to the park, why?”

“Oh, just wondering,” Key says. “You let them go to the park alone?”

“Why wouldn’t I?” Christy asks looking at me. “Taemin takes good care of Inguk.”

“He does, I guess it’s alright,” Key says giving in, but I don’t know why he would ask that type of question in the first place.

“Anyway, I’m glad that we’re having twins,” I say as I hug Christy. “And I don’t care whether it’s two girls, two boys, or a boy and a girl, I’m sure that they’re going to be great all the same.”

“Thank you,” Christy whispers.

“Thank you? Why are you thanking me?” I ask.

“Because you’re more accepting than some of those stories that I read about the fathers who abandon the pregnant girlfriend and things like that.”

“First of all, we were never really dating,” I comment making Christy smile. “And I wouldn’t leave you; you’re my best friend who just happens to be my current wife.”

“Would you two stop being so cheesy? I’m still here,” Key complains.

“Then you should find yourself a wife,” I retort back.

“Yeah,” he says rolling his eyes. “Anyway, I’m bored. Do you guys want to go to the park to see what Taemin and Inguk are doing?”

“Sure,” Christy says as she looks at me. “Are you up for it?”

“I’m up for anything. Let’s go,” I tell her as I grab my crutches.

The three of us walk to the park together at a slightly slow pace because of the crutches. After all this while, I’m still not really fully used to them yet. I can’t wait until I get the cast off and I don’t need to use these anymore. I miss the feeling of walking on two feet. Or at least I hope that I can get a boot or something so I can walk easier.

Upon reaching the park, none of us see Taemin or Inguk anywhere. “Are you sure they went to the park?” Key asks looking around. “They aren’t here.”

“I’m positive,” Christy says as she looks around, too. “I’m positive that he said that they were coming to the park.”

“Hey, who is that?” I ask turning as I see a figure running out of the corner of my eye.

“That’s Taemin, but Inguk’s not there,” Key says as he looks.

“Guys, guys!” Taemin yells. “You guys need to help me! Inguk went missing!”

 

Christy’s POV

Inguk went missing? “How did he go missing?” Key angrily asks Taemin.

“I don’t know, I don’t know. We were playing together and I looked over at another thing that we should go play with and then when I looked back at him he was gone. I never left his side, I just took my eyes off of him,” Taemin frantically says.

“You can’t take your eyes off of a small child, they always disappear,” Key scolds.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Taemin quickly apologizes. “Can’t you just help me find him, please? I’ve been looking all over already.”

“Let’s split up and see if we can find him,” Key says. “I’ll go with Taemin. Are you two alright by yourselves?”

“We’ll be fine,” Onew says as he puts his arm around my shoulder.

I don’t know what to think. I don’t know what to do. Inguk has gone missing. What if he goes missing for sure? What will we tell his mother? That’ll just show people that we’re incapable of taking care of a child. What if this happens to our children in the future?

Now that Onew and I are having twins, things are going to be double the trouble. We’re going to have two toddlers to look after and keep up with running around the house and when we attempt to do errands. It’s going to be a whole new ballpark now with twins and it will probably get even more difficult as they get older. I don’t even want to imagine that now.

“Stop it,” Onew says as he stands right in front of me. “Stop it right now.”

“I’m not doing anything,” I say as I look into his eyes.

“Stop psyching yourself out about the future,” he sternly says as he keeps his crutches up but places his hands on my shoulder. “Just stop it right now, there’s no need on worrying about the future. Let’s concentrate on finding Inguk.” Slowly, I nod my head and let myself be led by Onew, despite him being on his crutches.

I don’t know how long we were searching for, but it feels like forever and the sun is already high in the sky by the time we meet up again. “What if he’s gone for real? I’ll never forgive myself,” Taemin says.

“Don’t blame yourself, I’m sure we’ll be able to find him,” Key says as he pats Taemin on the back.

“Excuse me,” a voice says interrupting us. “Are you guys looking for him?” immediately all of our heads turn and we see Inguk standing there with n elderly couple.

“Inguk!” Taemin yells as he runs over and tightly hugs him. “I thought I lost you forever. Where did you go?”

“We found him wandering around the pond over there,” they say pointing. “And when we asked him where his parents were, he dragged us over here.”

“Thank you,” all four of us say standing up and bowing to them.

“Thank you so much for finding him,” Taemin says. He seems like the most regretful about this.

“It’s no problem, we’re glad that you’re able to get him back,” the woman says before she and her husband leave.

“Inguk, where did you go?” I ask. “Why did you leave without anyone knowing?”

“I saw a duck over there,” he says as he looks down at the ground.

“Still, that’s no reason to go wandering around by yourself,” I say scolding him. “You should’ve told someone. We were worried sick about you and thought that you were kidnapped.”

“I’m sorry,” he says as he still looks at the ground.

“As long as you promise that it won’t happen again and that you’ll tell someone when you leave. Never go around by yourself ever again.”

 

Onew’s POV

All of us make our way back to the house and Key has Inguk on his back. It’s been a long morning for all of us. “Rest,” I say stopping Christy who attempts to go into the kitchen.

“But I have to make lunch.”

“I’ll make it. I’m a good cook,” I say as I put her back onto the couch. “Rest, you’re carrying twins.”

“Noona, you’re carrying twins?” Taemin asks in surprise.

“See, now tell Taemin the story and I’ll make lunch, there’s no reason to worry.”

Seeing no other choice than to follow what I say, Christy starts telling Taemin the story of the morning’s doctor’s appointment while I go into the kitchen. Key comes in afterwards. “I put Inguk in his bed, he’s taking a nap,” Key says as he sits at the counter. “It seems like he’s worn out.”

“I guess he would be,” I say as I begin making lunch. “He worried everyone sick.”

“I bet it was a very traumatic experience for Christy,” Key says as he sighs.

“It had to be, I mean, we find out that we’re having twins and then this sort of things happen. She was freaking out the whole time, but it’s understandable. I was freaking out the whole time.”

“So was I. I thought that we truly lost him only after a week with him.”

“He gets distracted a lot, I guess.”

“Hmm,” Key says agreeing with me. “So, now that we’re in the kitchen and they’re in the living room,” he says immediately lowering his voice. “What are you exactly preparing for Christy’s proposal?”

“I’m not sure,” I hesitantly say as I continue cooking. “I mean…I want it to be nice and romantic, but what if she rejects me?”

“Why would you think that she rejects you?”

“I don’t know. Does she feel the same way as me? I know that Changmin and I are fighting it out for her, but does she realize that? It only seems like she knows about Changmin’s feelings rather than mine.”

“I’m sure she understands your feelings,” Key reasons. “She probably just doesn’t realize her own feelings towards you yet. I mean, you guys share the same bed and you live in the same house. You act like a couple towards her, too.”

“But that doesn’t mean that she necessarily likes me. Maybe I just shouldn’t do the proposal after all.”

“But you’ve planned for it,” Key says. “You bought the ring.”

“Buying the ring doesn’t mean anything,” I reason. “There are a bunch of reasons to use the ring.”

“I’ll help you.”

“How are you going to help me?”

“I’ll find out what Christy thinks about you. Leave it up to me, I can be a matchmaker, you know.”

“Of course,” I say rolling my eyes. “Now stop distracting me, I have to make lunch.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What information will Key get out of Christy? How will her surprise party go? Will Onew end up doing his "real" proposal for Christy? How would he do his "real" proposal? What does Changmin have planned for Christy's birthday?

 

Here is Chapter 26. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And the polls are still below. The sequel is still in the lead, and since that's in the lead and most likely to win, do you want me to make a sequel for when after they have a baby or a couple of months after they have the baby? Like when is the good cut off line for the sequel? Maybe not right after they have the baby, but at least a couple of months, right?

 

And there's not much that I can say about the naming polls except that some of the names are really close, like all of the girls names are close. For the boys, Yoogeun and Jinyoung are both tied. Then again, we don't know what gender the twins are, so that's still a mystery. Vote in the polls below :)