Caught

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

“Hey, are you okay?” Changmin asks as he comes and sits down next to me.

“Shouldn’t you be cooking?” I ask looking at him.

“I’m already finished and I was coming to fetch you, but you don’t look so well, are you sure that everything is alright?”

“Positive,” I say flashing a smile. “Let’s go eat.”

I go to the table with Changmin and see a simple lunch prepared. “I know it’s not much,” he begins, “but you shouldn’t be eating anything bad with the baby.”

“Thank you, oppa,” I say giving him a smile as he pulls out my seat for me. “It looks great.”

“I know how much you like junk food, but it’s not good for the baby,” he lectures.

“Don’t worry, I already know.”

“So, do you care to tell me why you had that sour expression on?” he asks as we both begin eating the sandwiches that he made.

“I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders.

“You don’t know why you had that type of expression?”

“I guess?” I ask. “I don’t know. For some reason, I just feel frusturated.”

“Is it mood swings? Do you still have them now?” Changmin asks as he looks at me.

Instead of saying something, I just continue eating and thinking. I really shouldn’t be having any more mood swings at this point and honestly, I haven’t had them for a little while so I think they’re gone, but why am I feeling this way? I mean, it’s only Raina and Onew. Onew’s had a crush on her for the longest time and if things are going well between them, then I’m happy.

“Christy? Hey Christy,” Changmin says waving his hand in front of my face.

“Sorry,” I say quickly apologizing. “Was I spaced out pretty badly?”

“Slightly,” he says with a chuckle. “What were you thinking about? Were you thinking about your husband?”

“Slightly,” I say sighing.

“Are you guys having problems or something?” Changmin curiously asks.

“I don’t think so, we haven’t argued or anything,” I say in an attempt to remember when I know that that’s not the reason. “I think we’re perfectly fine.”

“Okay, then you obviously don’t want to tell me what’s going on, I understand.”

“I don’t even know what’s going on myself,” I admit.

Changmin and I finish eating lunch and he spends a little more time over at the house before he has to leave to finish preparing his stuff for moving in and transferring. “Don’t be afraid to call if you ever need someone to talk to,” Changmin says as I walk him to the door.

“I know,” I say with a smile. “You’re always here.”

“You got that, and now since I moved closer, I’m always going to be closer,” he says as he hugs me tightly.

“But that means that Nicole is here, too,” I quietly say.

“Just forget about her,” Changmin says with a laugh. “She has pure intentions.”

“Of course she does,” I say rolling my eyes as Changmin and I pull away from the hug.

“But if you ever get lonely, just contact me and I’ll be sure to keep you company.”

“Of course,” I say with a big smile as my phone vibrates. “Oppa, I should take this. Bye!” I say as I watch him disappear before answering my phone.

 

Onew’s POV

“So, where are we going?” I ask Raina as we’re walking along the streets.

“Let’s go to one of my favorite restaurants,” she says as she skips along in front of me. I never thought that this would happen before, me eating after school with Raina. I only ever dreamt of doing something like this before. That was before I ever got married to Christy, though.

Christy. Her face suddenly flashes before my sight causing me to stop in my place. Why am I thinking about her suddenly? Well, duh, because she’s my wife. I shouldn’t be out with Raina. Suddenly, the image of Christy and Changmin together flashes through my brain and changes my mind. Well, if Christy can hang out with Changmin, then I can hang out with Raina, right?

“Onew, what are you doing? We’re here,” Raina calls to me.

“Oh, I’m coming right now,” I say as I go over to where she’s standing. “What is this place?” I ask as I look at it right next to her.

“One of my favorite chicken restaurants,” she says with a big smile. “Let’s go in.”

Without saying a word, I follow Raina into the restaurant and sit across from her in a booth once we get seated. “What do you recommend?” I ask as I look at the menu.

“How about the chicken that’s electrocuted?” she offers.

“Such a thing exists?” I ask quickly scanning the menu as I look for it.

“Of course it does, it’s very good and it’s not greasy like some things you would normally eat,” she says as she starts explaining it. As she explains it, I keep thinking that I should bring Christy some home and see if she would like to try some since Raina said that it’s not greasy. “Onew, are you paying attention?”

“Yeah, sorry,” I say quickly apologizing.

“That’s already,” she says looking at me weirdly before she begins to speak again. “You know, you don’t seem like yourself.”

“I don’t? Do I seem different?” I worriedly ask.

“Did something happen to you over the break?” At the mention of the break, I suddenly get nervous. What am I supposed to tell her? Am I supposed to come right out and say that I got married and am now an expecting father? I want to say that to her, but somehow the words just don’t form themselves. “Ah, so something did happen,” she says as she points a finger at me.

“Nothing out of the ordinary,” I quickly say, but maybe a little too quickly because that causes Raina to look at me strangely.

“Well then what did you do?” she curiously asks.

“Just hung out with SHINee and Christy, like I always do,” I say. At least that’s not a complete and total lie. It does have the truth. A waitress comes over and takes our order before Raina starts to talk again.

“Are you close with Christy?” she asks after silence comes between us.

“We’ve been friends ever since we were younger,” I tell her as I drink some of my soda that the waitress places on the table. “And our parents are even best friends. I bet you could say that we’re pretty close. Why are you asking?”

“Just wondering,” Raina says as she shrugs her shoulders.

“Oh, okay,” I say pushing it aside. “What did you do over your break?”

“The normal things,” she says as she starts naming off everything that she’s done. “But you haven’t answered my question yet,” she says staring right at me.

“What question?” I ask in an attempt to try to think of it.

“I just told you that I like you after you’ve been chasing after me for quite sometime, I’m finally returning the feelings, but you never told me how you felt about me. Do you still like me?” I stare at Raina after she says those words. I’m married and expecting a baby. Can I still like someone?

 

Christy’s POV

“Key, is something wrong?” I ask answering my phone as I sit on the couch.

“Oh no, nothing’s wrong,” he says. “I was just telling you that all of us guys are out doing some errands. Do you need something?”

“Where are you going?” I ask.

“Maybe to get some more snack foods and perhaps to go shopping for who knows what.”

“Um, you know what, I think I’m actually good on everything,” I tell him. “Thanks for asking.”

“No problem, well, that’s it. I just wanted to tell you that we’re going to be home a bit late.”

“Thanks,” I say. “I’ll hang up the phone now.”

“Yeah,” Key awkwardly says as we both hang up the phone.

“Why was that so awkward?” I ask myself as I sit my phone on the table in the living room as I sit down on the chair. Once again, I’m alone, but instead of sitting there alone, I actually think of calling my parents.

“Christy, how are you? We haven’t heard for you in such a long time,” Mom says as she answers the phone.

“I know, I miss you guys,” I tell her.

“Did you want something then?” Mom asks.

“I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over for dinner, you and Onew’s parents are welcome to come.”

“Really?” Mom asks kind of shocked. I guess she wasn’t really expecting me to do something like this.

“Really,” I say. “Only, I’ll need help cooking for that many people,” I shyly confess.

“Of course I’d be willing to help my daughter,” Mom happily says. “Are you free now?”

“Yeah, you know I am since I’m taking a leave from school,” I remind her.

“Sorry, I forgot, but I’ll be over straight away, alright?”

“Alright,” I say. The both of us bid farewell and hang up the phone. Actually, I’m not even sure what came over me to ask if everyone could have dinner over at our house tonight. I guess I should tell the guys about it.

“Christy, is something wrong?” Key asks immediately answering his phone.

“Ah, no, nothing’s wrong,” I say. “I was just going to tell you guys that my parents and Onew’s parents will be over for dinner, you guys can accompany us. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t mind and we’re making a lot of food.”

“Ah really? Well thanks,” Key says. “We’ll be back tonight for dinner.”

“Great,” I say with a smile. “I just didn’t want you guys walking in and getting a surprise because of it.”

“Thanks for the forewarning. See you later then.”

As I hang up the phone call with Key, the doorbell rings. “Hey, Mom,” I say hugging her as soon as I see her.

“Christy, I’ve missed you. How is life?” Mom asks hugging me.

“Going good,” I say slightly chuckling. “I guess it’s going as good as anything else would go, you know?”

“So, what do you want to cook tonight? Do you have anything in mind?” Mom asks as we both get into her car.

“No, I thought you would,” I say looking at her. Mom sighs and we both laugh. We both know this is going to be quite the adventure.

 

Onew’s POV

“So, what’s your answer?” Raina asks as she leans closer to me.

As of right now, so many thoughts are racing through my mind. What am I supposed to say? Sure I married Christy and we’re having a baby and I think I like her, but still, I’m unsure of my feelings sometimes. Sometimes I think I like Christy just because we’re married and I see her every day. I’m starting to get used to her being by my side, but is that me liking her?

On the other hand, I’ve waited for this moment forever. The moment where Raina and I would both realize our feelings for each other, but for some reason, it doesn’t feel as special as I would want it to. Does that mean that I don’t like her anymore?

“I get it, you don’t have to answer,” she says as she slumps back into her seat.

“No, it’s not like that,” I quickly say and before I can stop my mouth, it just continues talking. “I do like you, I do.”

“Really?” she asks as her face brightens. “You really do like me back? Well, why wouldn’t you? You’ve liked me for all of these years already and I finally realized my feelings for you.”

I don’t interrupt Raina, I just let her keep talking. What can I say to stop her? Just tell her that I got married? But Christy and I told each other that we wouldn’t mind what the other person does in the marriage and I told myself that I wouldn’t care about her anymore, but why am I caring so much right now? I guess trying to stop caring is troublesome.

“How did you realize your feelings for me?” I ask her. I’m honestly curious about this question. What after all of this time compelled Raina to develop feelings back for me?

“I’m not sure,” she honestly admits as her cheeks get a little pink. “I think one day I just woke up and the feelings were there or maybe they were already there and I just hadn’t noticed before. Once our break started and I couldn’t see you every day like I was used to, I noticed how much I missed you. Then I guess it just hit me that I like you.”

“Oh,” I say nodding my head.

“I’ll ask you the same thing,” Raina says with a smile.

“What?”

“I’ll ask you the same question that you just asked me,” she clarifies. “How did you realize your feelings for me?”

I think about the question. It’s probably alright to answer since this is about the past that we’re talking about, not the present, but I would probably be lying if I said that I didn’t like Raina at all. Sure I do have some feelings for her since I’ve liked her for this long already.

“The first time I saw you,” I say thinking back to that time. “I thought you were beautiful and captivating. I don’t know what it was about you, but something just drew me to you. Could you say it was love at first sight?” I ask.

“You seem really different outside of school,” Raina remarks.

“What do you mean?” I ask. It’s the first time that I’ve heard anyone say that before.

“In school you’re really funny and act all outspoken and do funny things. When we’re alone, you seem like a real man.”

“You’re saying that I’m not one before?” I joke.

“No, it’s just that…you seem different. The feeling that you give off is different.”

“Is that a compliment or a complaint?” I wonder.

“It’s a compliment, trust me,” Raina says smiling. “It’s definitely a compliment to you.”

“Then I guess thank you?” I ask as I look at her as our order comes to the table. Why do I feel so guilty?

 

Christy’s POV

“Is that good?” I ask pointing towards a chicken.

“Do you think it looks okay?” Mom asks as she’s looking at some other meat that I don’t know.

“Why don’t you help me?” I ask.

“Then how are you ever going to learn it on your own?” she asks as she comes and stands right next to me. “You aren’t going to be a proper housewife without proper cooking skills.”

“Well, I don’t know,” I say scratching the back of my neck. “I guess this is good enough here.” I pick up the chicken and put it into the cart.

For tonight’s dinner, Mom said that she was going to teach me how to do a chicken dish. Honestly, I can say that I’m slightly excited to be learning how to cook from her since it’s officially my first time doing something like this.

A short while later, Mom and I enter the house and begin to cook. “So, you wash the vegetables first,” Mom says as she begins washing them. “Make sure they’re fully washed, you don’t want to get sick off of them, especially since you’re pregnant now.”

“Yup,” I say as I watch her washing them.

“Then you want to carefully cut all of them into normal sized pieces. It’s alright if you make them on the small side, but don’t make them super huge, no one wants to eat anything like that.”

“Alright,” I say as I continue watching her. Halfway through the cooking lesson, the doorbell rings. “I’ll get it,” I announce as I leave the kitchen. “Hey guys,” I say greeting SHINee at the door. “Where’s Onew?”

“Oh, he had to go somewhere else,” Taemin says giving me a smile.

“What’s that smell?” Minho asks.

“Mom and I are cooking in the kitchen,” I tell them.

“Really?” Jonghyun excitedly asks. “Let’s go in and greet your mother.”

The four of them follow me to the kitchen where Mom is putting stuff into the oven already. “Are you done?” I ask her.

“Yup, it just needs to cook and we’re set to go,” she says turning around and becomes a little shocked at seeing them standing there. The boys of SHINee introduce themselves and they actually get along well with Mom.

Soon afterwards, Onew’s parents come, but the only person that seems to be missing is Onew. “Do you know where Jinki is?” Uncle asks the boys.

“He said he was going somewhere, but I’m not sure where,” Minho says as he attempts to think. Just where would Onew have gone off to? Is he already eating?

“Let’s just eat without him,” Dad says. “He can come and join us later.”

None of us object to his request and we begin to sit around the table when we hear the door open. “That’s probably him now,” I say as we all walk towards the foyer to see if it’s Onew.

“Onew, why won’t you let me come in your house?” a very familiar voice says, Raina.

“Because,” Onew says when he notices all of us standing there. Well, this is awkward.

“You,” she says pointing at me.

“You,” I say pointing right back at her.

“Who is she?” both of our parents ask at the same time. I look over and see SHINee standing there nervously and then look at our parents that have confused faces and then finally back at Onew and Raina who are both standing there. Now what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will Christy and Raina react to seeing each other? How will Raina react to hearing that Onew's married and going to be a father? What will Christy and Onew's parents do at the sight of seeing Onew with another girl? How will Raina and Christy act towards one another? How will they all react when they find out that Changmin and Nicole transferred schools?

 

Here is Chapter 19. Hope you enjoyed :D