A Fun Day Together

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

I wake up before Christy and look at her sleeping face. Slowly, I get out of bed and see the rest of the guys getting ready to go to school. “Hey, are you okay?” Key asks looking at me.

“Yeah,” I say nodding my head. “Are you going to take Inguk?”

“We are,” he says nodding his head as we both turn to look out the door to see the little boy playing with Taemin. “We weren’t planning on waking you up so you can spend the day with Christy. We know how much excitement you guys experienced last night.”

“Thanks,” I somewhat nervously say. I still can’t believe that Christy actually accepted my feelings. It’s not a dream, right?

“Well, we’ll see you later,” Key says before he leaves with the other guys.

Quickly, I make my way back upstairs to check on Christy and see that she’s still sleeping. As I’m about to leave to go downstairs to make breakfast or something, Christy suddenly jumps up in bed and looks around.

“What?” I ask going over to her side to see what happened.

“Oh, nothing,” she says shaking her head. “I was just dreaming. I guess it was a bad dream.”

“Okay,” I say looking at her strangely. “Anyway, good morning.”

“Good morning,” she says with a smile. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Am I staring at you weirdly?” I ask. “I don’t think I am.”

“Okay,” she says as she goes to get out of bed but suddenly stops.

“What, is there something wrong?” I ask looking at her up and down. “Is there something wrong with the babies?” I stare at her while she just looks at me. I can’t tell from her expression if it’s something good or something bad, but it’s something. “Christy, what is it, tell me.”

“I think…I think I just felt them move,” she says looking down at her stomach.

“What?” I ask looking at her stomach with her.

“They didn’t kick or anything,” she says shaking her head, “so I don’t think you can feel them yet, but I’ve been feeling this way for a couple of days and I think it’s them moving around just moving.”

“That’s great,” I say immediately hugging her. “We should celebrate.”

“You’re going to celebrate by them just moving?” she asks in disbelief. “What are you going to do when they start walking and talking.”

“Then we’ll have a party every day,” I say with a smile. “I’ll make sure there’s lots of presents and chicken and we’ll just party even if our children don’t know what’s going on. Everything that they do will be a celebration.”

“You know,” she says looking at me, “I think you’re going to be a really great dad, no matter how much you don’t like children.”

“It’s not that I don’t like them,” I complain, “it’s just that I’m somewhat uncomfortable with them. Anyway, you should get ready. Let’s go out today.”

“Wait a minute,” she says as she heads towards the bathroom and turns to look at me. “Why aren’t you in classes? Aren’t you supposed to be there? And who took Inguk today?”

“Ah, so many questions that can be answered for another time,” I say shaking my head and guiding her towards the bathroom. “Just quickly get ready and then I’ll get ready and then we can head out.”

“Why are you so anxious to get out?”

“Because I love you and so everyone can see my wife.”

“Stupid,” she mutters to herself as she goes into the bathroom. This side of Christy, it’s new, but I like it.

 

Christy’s POV

I quickly get ready like Onew instructs wondering why he’s not at classes or anything. He’s probably just like that because I accepted his proposal yesterday and I feel happy too because of that.

I look at myself in the mirror after getting dressed. I’m now starting to wear those jeans that Key and I had bought for maternity since my stomach is growing bigger with the twins inside of me. Living humans are actually growing inside of me. It’s quite a concept to think about.

After I leave the bathroom, Onew goes in, but only for a short while before he comes back out. “So, where are we going?” I ask as we’re both eating a light breakfast downstairs.

“Well, since we’re having twins, I figured that we should buy more things and since we haven’t gotten the chance to, here we go,” he explains to me.

“But we don’t even know if the babies are going to be a boy or a girl or two of one gender,” I reason. “How in the world could we buy stuff?”

“Neutral colors,” he says. “I’ve done my research don’t worry.”

“What research could you possibly have done?” I ask in disbelief.

“Hey, a soon-to-be father should be doing their research on their future family,” Onew says defending himself. “And as a future father, I’m just educating myself on the wellbeing of my own children.”

“Sure, sure,” I say rolling my eyes and attempting to stifle a laugh. I can’t believe that he would do his research on my pregnancy. Has he been doing it all along? Was I blind to notice him doing such a thing? I guess Onew is really a good guy….well he’s well prepared for things. He’s always been a good guy, despite his quirkiness.

“Let’s go,” he says after he takes our dishes and puts them in the sink before grabbing my hand. He is really intent on going out today.

“Onew, what are you doing?” I ask as we’re walking along the street.

“Enjoying time with you, can’t I do that?”

“You act as though it’s going to be the last day that we’re ever going to spend together.”

“Well…I’m just afraid.”

“Afraid of what?” I ask looking at him wondering what in the world he could be afraid of.

“I’m afraid of suddenly waking up and you’re besides Changmin and not me. It doesn’t seem like you actually accepted my proposal last night and that you actually like me. Maybe it’s because we’ve been friends for too long that I’m not believing it,” he says looking down at the ground.

“Well believe it,” I tell him with a smile as I grab his hand causing him to look up at me. “Believe that I love you, and even though it may seem like it’s sudden, I guess the feeling has always been there and I wasn’t entirely sure of it. Slowly I found myself caring about you more and more and I began wondering what you were doing and where you went. I guess that feeling transitioned over into me liking you.”

“Well, I love you, too,” he says quickly leaning in and kissing me on the lips before he looks at me with one of his stupid smiles and takes a tighter grip on my hand. “Let’s go.”

The both of us continue walking in the street and just window shopping until we’re able to get to the baby store. It feels nice to be able to just walk around and not have to worry about anything. Somehow with me finally getting together with Onew, it feels like all of my worries just disappeared into the sky. It feels like I don’t have to be concerned with anything except for the wellbeing of myself and our babies.

“You know, I like this,” I tell Onew.

“Like what?” he asks looking at me as we’re walking together.

“Being together with you.”

 

Onew’s POV

Did I just hear her right? She likes being together with me? Despite us being together for like only twelve hours, she likes being with me. Why do I have to worry about anything? Why should I have to worry about anything? As long as Christy returns my feelings, I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

“Here we are,” I say looking up at the building that sells things for babies.

“How did you know that such a place was here?” Christy asks looking at it. “I didn’t even know.”

“Like I told you, I did my research. Let’s go inside.”

I guess she really doesn’t believe me when I say that I’ve done research, but I have. I made sure to know what things she should and shouldn’t eat in her pregnancy and how to keep her health better for the betterment of the babies. They are our children and I want what’s best for them, even if Christy didn’t accept my proposal and still wanted to go after Changmin, I would still do all of this research for them. I already love them.

“I hope we have a girl,” I say looking at all of the pretty dresses and picking one out that I like.

“I thought you would want a boy,” Christy says looking at the same dress that I’m looking at. “You never know, we could have both.”

“True,” I say as I put the dress back on the rack. “Speaking of, do you want to know what the babies are or do you want to be surprised?”

“I like surprises,” she says smiling. “And plus, that puts in more excitement for when they come. I’m about the halfway mark, so only some more time left.”

“Ah, I’m so excited,” I say jumping up and down. I really can’t contain my excitement for these babies.

“Slow down there,” Christy says laughing at me. “Let’s go pick out another crib and let’s make it a different one so just in case they are the same , you won’t mix them up.”

“Hey, I promise I won’t mix them up,” I say following after her, “but a mix-up could happen anywhere at any time.”

“True, so let’s just get completely different things, although, if they are the same , I would want them to dress in similar clothes sometimes. Maybe I should make them nametags.”

“Christy,” I whine, “do you really think that I’m that incapable of distinguishing my own children when they aren’t even born yet?”

“Yes,” she simply says as she continues walking.

“Meanie,” I mutter while following behind her.

The rest of the time I let her continue picking out what she wants for the babies, despite not knowing what they are. She chooses out some neutral colored things as do I. I guess this is our first time really buying things for the babies since our parents bought the other things that are already in the nursery because they thought that we were only having one child.

“Look at these teddy bears,” I say going over to them and picking one up to hug it. “They are so adorable. I want one.”

“And you’re going to be raising a child?” Christy asks raising an eyebrow. “I’m not sure if I can trust you with my children.”

“Our children,” I say going over and hugging her as I quickly kiss her on her nose. “They’re our children, Christy, you shouldn’t get so possessive already. We don’t know which one they’re going to like more.”

“I bet they’ll like me, I’m their mother and I have to go through this torture of carrying them, although it is satisfying to feel them move,” she says as she places a hand on her stomach.

“It’s all going to be worth it in the end,” I say as I go over and hold up the teddy bears. “So, let’s get them, matching ones for each of them.”

 

Christy’s POV

After buying everything to our heart’s desire and paying, Onew and I make our way to a restaurant for lunch. “But seriously,” I say looking at him after our order has been taken, “why aren’t you at classes today?”

“Because I wanted to spend the day with you. I thought that we should do something special,” he says looking straight at me. “I mean, you accepted my proposal and all.” At the mention of his proposal, I look down at the ring that he had gotten me. It’s beautiful. “You really love it that much? The ring?”

“Yeah,” I say nodding my head. “Somehow it feels like we’re actually married now.”

“We’ve already been married.”

“But I mean, it feels real now. Before it was just because of the babies, but now…now it feels really awesome to be married.”

“And you’re never going to leave me?”

“I’m never going to leave you,” I say shaking my head. “I’m positive that I’ll always be with you no matter what.”

Within a short while, our food comes and we both begin eating with some light conversation here and there until something comes to my mind. What ever happened between Onew and Raina if they actually were never dating? Why did Changmin say that they were dating? It was probably because he wanted to earn over my trust…actually I know that he did that because of that reason for a fact, but I don’t want to get into him. Still, I’m curious.

“Onew,” I say as I move around my food a bit.

“Yeah?” he asks looking at me as his mouth is stuffed full like a chipmunk.

“What happened between you and Raina? You two spent a lot of time together and then suddenly you love me? Something had to have happened, right?”

“Are you worried that I’ll go back to Raina?” he asks concerned. I don’t answer him and keep my head down. “Don’t worry, I’m never going to go back to her. Her and I…I thought we could have a good friendship, but it all went down the drain. First it was when she said bad things about you and secondly when she implied that she wanted me to leave you.”

“She said bad things about me?” I ask. I know that her and I never really had a good relationship together, but I never really knew the reason. I just knew that she didn’t like me so in return I didn’t like her.

“Yeah, I won’t tell you if you don’t want to know,” he quickly says. I think he thinks that he hurt my feelings.

“No,” I say shaking my head. “I want to know what she said. I’m curious.”

“Well,” Onew slowly begins, “it was somewhat about you and somewhat about me. She didn’t know that I was the father of the baby and she just assumed that I married you because I took pity on you because the babies wouldn’t have a father, it was the first day of classes and the night that she came over for dinner. She asked if I was just taking pity on someone like you and all of these things that I just couldn’t take it anymore.”

“And what happened the second time?” I curiously ask. I don’t know why I’m asking these things. Is it because I don’t trust Onew’s feelings towards me?

“She just wanted to meet me in a café and being stupid, I went. There she started asking me these questions about you and the babies and I got the feeling that she was going to say something about me leaving you. Then she started saying how if I wasn’t married to you and we weren’t expecting twins that I would love the attention I got from her and that’s when I realized something.”

“What did you realize?”

“I realize how stupid I was all along to even like someone like her. I don’t even know why she was worth my time back then, but I guess that was before I discovered that I was truly in love with someone else.”

“Me?” I ask pointing at myself.

“You,” he says with a smile.

 

Onew’s POV

After finishing up our lunch, Christy and I head back home so we can drop off all of our bags before deciding what we want to do next. “Look, the day already passes us by,” Christy says as she looks at the clock in the living room.

“Are you tired? We can stay here and rest, I know how important it is for you to rest, especially knowing that you’re carrying twins,” I say worrying over her. I don’t care if she doesn’t want me to worry because I’m still going to do it.

“Let’s rest,” she says sitting down on the couch and after I place the bags near the staircase to be taken up later, I sit down beside her and grab her hand.

“Sorry, did I keep you out too long?”

“Don’t worry about it,” she says giving me a smile before she rests her head on my shoulder. “I liked spending time with you today.”

“And I liked spending time with you, today, too,” I say reaching over and grabbing the remote to turn on some television. “Is this what the future is going to be like?”

“What?”

“Us just sitting here and enjoying each other’s company,” I say thinking about it in my head.

“Don’t forget that we’re having twins. I’m pretty sure we won’t be able to enjoy each other’s company for quite a while,” Christy says with a laugh.

“I guess that’s true,” I say laughing with her. “I bet every day is going to bring something new. What do you want, a boy or a girl, or both?”

“I want both,” she says. “I’m pretty sure that we won’t be having another child for quite a while after we have these, so having both will let us experience both because I hear it hurts a lot to deliver a child. I’m not going to go through that again.”

“Who knows,” I say. “But I hear that some people with twins get cut open instead.”

“Don’t talk about it,” she says burying her face into my shoulder.

“Alright, alright,” I say smiling at her cute reaction. “I won’t say anything about delivering babies, but you want one boy and one girl?”

“I do.” Christy moves so that she’s looking at me. “Hey, I was thinking about something.”

“What is it?” I ask looking at her.

“Do you think we should enroll in one of those classes that they have for first time parents? I’m sure it’ll be helpful and I’m surprised that you didn’t say anything about it since you just so happen to research about everything.”

“I was researching about those, don’t worry,” I tell her. “I was just waiting to find a perfect one, but I’ll let you choose since you want to do it.”

“You’re alright with doing it?”

“I am,” I say nodding my head. “So, let’s find one.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a fluffy chapter since I thought Christy and Onew could use some good moments together :)

 

Anyway, so will Christy and Onew be able to find a class to take together? What about everyone else? Will Christy patch things up with Raina? Will Changmin ever come back to Christy? 

 

Here is Chapter 30. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And I already have an idea of the plot for the sequel. Don't worry, this fic isn't going to be ending anytime soon. In actuality, I've been thinking about this idea of mine for the sequel for quite sometime and I think it'll be interesting. Does anyone have any ideas as to when I should end this fic and start the sequel? Like age wise for their children? Perhaps baby? Toddler, even? I'm not sure, that part is still to be decided.