We're Married

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

“That’s the last of the boxes,” I announce as I manage to drag the last of the boxes into the new house that Christy and I are going to live in. It’s a nice looking house, normal; at least for three people it’s normal. Our parents both said that they’re going to help us paying for everything until we manage to get on our own footing.

It looks like SHINee will have a new hangout, though. I originally wasn’t going to tell them where I lived, but Christy invited them to help us move in since she really can’t do anything with being pregnant. At least our mothers prevent her from doing stuff. She argues back with them and then huffs in defeat.

“So quick,” Christy says coming up to greet me. We’ve only been married for one day, but it seems like nothing’s changed. Tonight is our first night together. The night of our wedding, we actually went to our separate houses after the reception and slept. Today, the day after the wedding, we’re moving into the house.

“Well, when you have SHINee, things go quick, unless they’re not lounging around,” I say as I look right at them. After a couple of boxes, they decided to lay around on the new couch that someone bought for us.

“Here’s the bed,” Mom announced as our fathers drag the bed through the door and attempt to get it upstairs. Yup, Christy’s grandfather got us a bed. I can only imagine his thoughts as he was trying out the beds.

“Looks like we only have one bed,” Christy says as she looks at it.

“I guess so,” I say looking at her. “I can sleep on the couch if you want me to.”

“Nah, you can sleep in the bed with me,” she says. I’m actually quite shocked that she said that. “Our parents would think something of it. Well, not only that, but I mean…you would get cold sleeping on the couch.”

“Is someone concerned for me?” I ask surprised. I don’t know why I’m necessarily surprised, though.

“I’m just looking out for your health. Who else is going to help me do the chores?”

“Right,” I say as I look at Christy’s stomach.

“Your house is big,” Taemin says as he comes into the room.

“Not really,” I comment. “It’s a regular sized house.”

“Since it’s empty it seems big,” Christy says looking at him.

“True,” he says awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

“Hey guys, you have to see this room,” Key calls from upstairs. I look at Christy and we both shrug our shoulders to go up and see the room that Key is telling us we should see.

 

Christy’s POV

“What is this?” I ask immediately looking around the room. “Mom!” I yell. The whole neighborhood can probably hear me. We’re making great new impressions on our neighbors. Our parents found a house that wasn’t in either of our neighborhoods, so it’s like we’re starting over. We can pretend to be a newlywed couple, that’ll be alright I guess.

“Is something wrong?” Mom asks running to the room.

“Explain this,” I say looking around.

“Taemin, you could fit in here,” Onew says pointing at the crib.

“Should I try?” he asks.

“No,” Key firmly states preventing him from going any further. “You don’t want to contaminate the baby stuff with your…germs.”

“Mom, what is this?” I ask looking around.

“It’s the room for your baby.”

“You managed to do this without even decorating the whole house?” I ask. “This is the only room that you guys did?”

“We wanted to surprise you,” she states with a smile clearly not taking in any of the shock that I’m going through right now. The baby isn’t due for months and there’s already a room set up to it.

“What’s this?” Onew asks stepping on the petal of a contraption.

“That’s where the diapers go once you change them,” Mom explains quickly turning her attention to Onew and leaving me standing there.

“They mean it with the best intentions,” Key says standing beside me.

“I know, but I mean…this can’t be happening,” I say as I lightly pat my stomach.

“It is,” he says lightly chuckling. “That idiot over there is your husband and the father of your baby.”

Key and I both look over to the very intrigued Onew and Taemin who are learning Baby 101 right now with my mother. She’s teaching them how to work the crib, how to work the changing table, and she’s even teaching them how to work the mobile on top of the crib.

“Where’s Jonghyun and Minho?” I ask looking at Key.

“I don’t know, I think they had something to do today,” he says as he just scoffs at the two of them. “Christy, I can’t wait until you actually deliver this baby. I can’t wait to play with it so much.” I chuckle at his comment causing Onew to come over here.

“Hey, don’t you mess with my wife,” he says slightly pushing Key away. The full Onew personality is on right now. He and Key then proceed to act as though they’re in a drama fighting over me and I can only roll my eyes.

“I’m going to go make some lunch in your kitchen; do you want to help me?” Mom asks before she walks out of the door.

“Sure,” I say nodding my head. “It would be useful to learn how to cook…and learn my way around the kitchen,” I joke with her before I leave the three idiots upstairs in the baby room.

 

Onew’s POV

“Hey, I found your room,” Taemin states as we’re walking in the hallway. There are about a total of three bedrooms in the house, I think…or four and one is converted to the baby’s room.

Key, Taemin, and I go into our bedroom where our fathers are setting up the bed. “Jinki,” Dad says noticing me standing in the doorway. “Is this a good place for your bed?”

“I guess,” I say looking at it. It’s right up against the back wall, so I guess nothing is wrong with it. At least nothing should be wrong with it. “It’s good, you can just leave it there.”

“Okay,” Uncle says as he puts it down. “Where are the girls?”

“I actually don’t know,” I say scratching the back of my head.

“I think I heard something about them going to the kitchen,” Key pipes up.

“Okay, we’ll go down there,” Dad says as he and uncle leave.

“Your bed is so nice,” Taemin says as he lays out on it. I don’t even know when he managed to make his way over there.

“Hey, how can you be on the bed first when it’s mine?” I whine.

“Hyung, it’s because you’re too slow,” Taemin complains. “I’m sure you and Christy are going to have a good night’s sleep here.”

“Are there dirty thoughts going through our maknae’s head?” Key jokes.

“N-n-no,” Taemin stutters. “I was just saying…” In the end, he’s unable to find any successful words to describe whatever he was attempting to describe.

“So, you’re married,” Key says as the three of us are sitting on the bed now.

“I’m married,” I repeat after him.

“Next you’re going to grow old,” Taemin says as he makes a funny face.

“Not yet,” I say as I throw a pillow at him. “The baby is coming next.”

“Are you nervous?” Key asks. He always acts just like a girl when it comes to feelings and stuff like that.

“It hasn’t set in,” I honestly tell them. “I don’t think constantly that I’m going to be a father. I haven’t thought of it.”

“You should think about it soon,” he scolds, which is also just like him. Even if I am the older one, he always takes control of scolding whenever he sees that I’m doing something wrong. “What if Christy thinks that you’re not cut out for this father or marriage thing and divorces you.”

“I highly doubt that that’ll happen,” I state for them both.

“You never know,” Key says wagging his finger. “The female mind is mysterious.”

“Then let it be mysterious,” I tell them as I cross my arms. “Christy and I are just going to deal with each other as the days pass.”

“Whatever you say,” Key says rolling his eyes as he leaves the room.

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Taemin says putting his arm on my shoulder. “I’ll always be here for you.”

“Thanks,” I say with a smile. “I knew I’d always have you.”

“Hey,” he says with a look of disbelief. “I was the best man and as the best man, like I promised in the speech, I’ll always be here for you and Christy no matter what you guys need, even if it is a babysitter or a dog watcher.”

“Got it,” I say as we walk out together to go downstairs.

 

Christy’s POV

Right on time, everyone assembles in the living room to eat lunch since we hadn’t set up a proper dining table yet. Well, there is the kitchen counter, but it wouldn’t fit all of us sitting there so we just decide that that living room is the best.

“I can’t believe that our children are married,” Mom coos over with Auntie.

“I know, I can’t believe it either,” Auntie says as she looks at Mom with an approving smile.

I look over at Onew and he’s just eating his food. Nothing less than normal for the typical Onew.

“Jinki, you’re a man now,” Uncle says as he pats him on the back almost causing him to choke on his food. “You now have to step up for your actions.”

“Haven’t I always?” Onew asks.

“Yeah, but now you’re the man of the house. You’re going to have to get a job, even if you are still in university, and you’re going to have to support Christina and your child on your own. Your mother and I are only around for so long.”

“You sound like you’re going to die tomorrow,” Onew states. “I’m positive that you guys are going to be around long enough to watch this baby have their own babies.”

“I’m not sure about that long,” Auntie says with a laugh. “But we’re just telling you the responsibly that comes with being married and being a father.”

“The same goes for you, Christy,” Mom says looking at me. “You’re a wife and a mother. You have your own responsibilities.”

“Yes, I know,” I say attempting to keep the boredom out of my voice. “I have to take care of the house and clean, but not overexert myself because I’m carrying a baby.”

“Exactly,” she says with a smile. “You’ve grown up so well.”

Lunch quickly passes and everyone leaves Onew and I to do our business. “Oh, speaking of university,” I say suddenly remembering. “It starts up again next week.”

“Ah, it does,” Onew says just remembering. “Are we going to tell everyone?”

“Tell everyone?” I ask looking at him confused.

“Your pregnancy and our marriage.”

“Right,” I say. “Um…everyone will find out soon enough. SHINee only has the biggest blabbermouth of the school.”

“We all know that Jonghyun just likes informing people,” Onew says causing the both of us to laugh.

“Will we be able to handle university once we have the baby?” I ask turning our conversation from a funny one to a completely serious one.

“I’m sure we’ll be able to do well,” Onew says coming over and putting his hand on my back. “We have a good support team around us. Our parents will watch over this baby and if I had to work and if you had something to do, I’m sure they would watch it or SHINee.”

“If SHINee ever watches our baby, I’m going to need to install hidden cameras,” I remark.

 

Onew’s POV

For the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon, Christy and I manage to unpack a couple of boxes and start making this new house feel like home. I don’t make Christy do much because she’s pregnant, causing her to yell at me. It’s probably a result of her mood swings, but I don’t care because she’s not lifting heavy things. Whenever she needs something, I’ll do it because she’s my wife and I should be protecting her.

“I’m exhausted,” I say lying down on the couch. I look at the clock and see that it’s only about four in the afternoon.

“Tired?” Christy asks as she sits down next to me.

“Very,” I say looking at her. I can’t help but smile for no real reason. I don’t even know why something like this makes me happy, her sitting by me. It’s strange.

“Then, let’s relax and watch a little television, alright? At least our parents put in cable besides that baby room,” she remarks as she grabs the remote.

“Yup,” I say agreeing with her and sitting up so she has enough room to sit down. I don’t know when it happened, but slowly I found myself falling asleep.

I open my eyes to a darkened room. Quickly, I pull out my cell phone and see that it’s nine at night, I slept for five hours. I look around looking for Christy, but as I try to move, I feel a weight on my legs. I look down and see Christy laying there, her head on my legs as she’s spread out on the rest of the couch.

“Why are you in that position?” I whisper to her.

I look at her and can’t help but slightly stare at her. If she were awake, she would have quickly asked me what was wrong with me for staring at her for that long, but she’s sleeping so I can stare at her all I want. Maybe it’s the light, but Christy looks really pretty, not that she’s not normally pretty, but…there just seems something different about her. It’s probably because she’s married to me and she’s pregnant with my baby. Yup, that’s it.

Quietly, I manage to slip Christy off of me long enough to get off of the couch and to gently place Christy’s head back onto the sofa. I rummage through some boxes before I find a blanket to place over her. I don’t want her getting cold and falling ill with my child in her stomach.

I hear my own stomach rumble and decide to make some food. Our parents also managed to stock the shelves. I guess they figured that we wouldn’t go grocery shopping any time soon.

I think about what to make for dinner and decide to look up things that would be good to eat during pregnancy since Christy is pregnant with my baby and it could be a first time that I’ll make something for her in our house…or ever. After searching for a while, I figure that the easiest thing for me to make would be stir fry. I manage to find a good recipe and cook it while I occasionally look over to watch a sleeping Christy on the couch. She looks so peaceful.

“Onew? What are you doing?” Christy asks as she wipes her eyes and comes into the kitchen.

“Making you food,” I reply as I put the finishing touches on the stir fry. I managed to include most of the things that are good for the baby, including green vegetables and just vegetables in general along with meat.

“You made food?” she asks surprised.

“Yeah, have a problem with it?” I ask sticking my tongue out.

“Nope, I just hope it tastes good,” she comments as she follows me back into the living room.

“It is good,” I say as I place the plates down. “You’re eating it and feeding my baby, it has to be good.” Christy rolls her eyes as she takes a bite of my food. “Good?”

“Good,” she says with a smile and sticks up her thumbs.

“Good,” I say smiling to myself as I begin to eat.

 

Christy’s POV

After dinner, I help Onew with the dishes before we both decide to head up for the night. After putting sheets on the bed, I decide to wash up after Onew before coming back into the room.

“What are you doing?” I ask Onew who is taking some blankets down with him. “I already told you that you could sleep next to me.”

“But are you sure that it won’t be weird?” he asks.

“We’re married,” I tell him. “I’m sure it won’t be weird. Not only that, but we’re good friends.” I see the slight hesitation in Onew’s eyes before he finally nods.

“I guess you’re right,” he remarks.

“Of course I’m right,” I say. “We aren’t going to do anything to one another.”

“Nope, I’m not that type of guy,” Onew says.

“Really?” I ask eyeing him. “Then how did we get the baby?” I joke. I see Onew tense up a little before I hit him in his arm. “I’m only joking.”

“Right,” he says as he crawls into bed next to me. “Christy, it’s our first official night as a married couple. Last night didn’t count since we slept in our own beds.”

“I guess it didn’t,” I say silently laughing at the memory. “That’ll be something to tell the baby. Hey, we got married, but on our wedding night we went to our own houses and slept in our own beds.”

“It would be,” Onew says as he turns to face me in the bed and I turn to face him.

“Look, it’s the second day we’re married and I’m already pregnant.”

“You were pregnant even before we got married,” Onew jokes. I stick out my tongue. “Alright, let’s get some bed. My baby needs to rest.”

“Are you talking about me or the baby in my stomach?” I joke. I see Onew’s face turn the lightest shade of pink ever before he turns off the light. “Goodnight Onew,” I finally say before I drift off into sleep.

“Goodnight, Christy,” he mumbles as he closes his eyes, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christy and Onew have moved into their new house, what now awaits them? Their classes start up soon, what is going to happen there?

 

Here is Chapter 11. Hope you enjoyed :D