Maybe I'll Just Stop

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

“Why did you tell Changmin and Nicole to stay away?” I ask Key, Jonghyun, and Minho in the living room as Taemin puts Christy into the bedroom. I guess she’ll start getting easily tired seeing as she’s pregnant, but she’s not that pregnant yet. She’s probably just tired from walking around a lot and shopping.

“I think he’s a bad person,” Key says.

“How is he a bad person?” I ask.

“Well, he said that he wanted to come and apologize on Nicole’s behalf, and that’s why that psycho was here too. She wanted to apologize for putting you in that cast,” Key says as he points to it.

“Changmin is a playboy,” Jonghyun sings. “You have to warn Christy to stay away from him.”

I sigh. Should I tell them about Christy’s first love being Changmin? I don’t think I should, but…I shouldn’t. I shouldn’t tell them something like that. If I told them, then they definitely wouldn’t like Changmin. They don’t even like him right now. Things would get worse if I told them about her crush.

“It takes a playboy to know one,” Taemin says as he comes down the stairs.

“Is Christy still sleeping?” I ask as he sits down on the couch.

“She is. I made sure that I closed her door just in case someone gets carried away with yelling and screaming,” Taemin says as he looks at Jonghyun who feigns his innocence.

“I think Changmin is attempting to get close to Christy,” Minho says. “Even if she’s already married and pregnant. Some guys just don’t care nowadays.”

“Be careful,” Key warns. “I already told them to stay away. Plus Nicole kissing you is how we got into this whole mess of you having a broken leg and us staying with you even longer.”

“I don’t even like her,” I sigh. “She’s annoying and I don’t even know why she kissed me in the first place.”

“She obviously likes you,” Jonghyun says coming over and shaking me by the shoulders. “She has feelings for you. Maybe she doesn’t like you being married with Christy.”

“Maybe she wants you all for herself,” Minho chimes in.

“Maybe she just wanted to kiss you,” Taemin opts, but instead gets slapped in the head by Key.

“Catch up with the real world maknae,” Key tells him. “No one simply just wants to kiss anymore. There are other meanings behind such kisses.”

“Like what?” he innocently asks.

“She wants Onew-hyung,” Key says rolling his eyes. “That’s why you have to stay away from them. They can ruin your marriage.”

“Of course,” I say nodding my head. “Ruining my marriage is bad.”

“Our hyung is growing up,” Jonghyun says as he fake wipes tears away from his eyes.

“He’s always going to be older than you. Soon, Taeminnie is going to be older than you,” Minho shoots at Jonghyun.

I just shake my head and roll my eyes at the sight. This is probably going to be some adventure living together with them. I mean, four friends, a pregnant wife, a broken legged husband, and two friends who probably like the husband and wife more than they should. Yup, this is going to be one adventure that Christy and I are going to have to tell our child for the years to come. We’ll probably advise our son or daughter on what not to do in the future.

I let a chuckle escape my lips. “Hey, what are you laughing at?” Jonghyun asks looking at me. I shake my head and just stay silent. It’s the best thing to do in this situation.

 

Christy’s POV

I wake up to it being dark outside. How long did I sleep for? The clock says that it’s eight at night, which means pretty long. I make my way downstairs to a dark first floor. Where could SHINee be? Surely they couldn’t have gone out, right? Taking out my phone, I see that I have a message from Onew.

 

Hey Christy, I’m sorry about it being dark at the house. I hope you aren’t afraid being home alone. The members dragged me out against my will. They said that I had to get out of the house for who knows what reason. I guess they’re just jealous because we get to spend time together and I don’t spend time with them anymore. You’re still sleeping so I didn’t want to wake you; I just sent you this text message. I’ll be home before you go to sleep again.

-Onew

 

I sigh as I read the message. I guess he and SHINee went on a guy’s night out. Feeling lonely, I dial Changmin’s number.

“Oppa, what are you doing right now?” I ask him.

“I’m at home, why?” he questions.

“I’m at the house all alone and I’m bored. You were the only person I could think of to call.”

“Why are you all alone?” he asks worriedly. “Where are those boys that were at your house earlier?”

“What do you mean? You mean SHINee?” I ask. “When were you at my house earlier?”

“Just to visit and apologize to Onew,” he explains. “But your friends were there and said that you two were out on a date.”

“Oh, well, I’m home now. Do you want to come over?”

“That’s an invite, right?”

“Of course, oppa, are you stupid?” I ask him.

“I’ll be over as quickly as I can.”

After waiting for a half an hour, the front doorbell rings. “You’re here,” I say immediately hugging Changmin who is standing at the door.

“I’m here, and I brought dinner. I thought you’d be hungry. It’s ddeokbboki from down the street.” Changmin holds up the bag of ddeokbboki.

“Thanks, come on in.” I move aside and let Changmin in. We both go to the living room where he takes the containers out of the bag. “It looks really good.”

“I have impeccable taste when it comes to food,” he says with a smile.

“So you were here earlier?” I ask as I begin eating.

“Yeah, but your friends told me you’d gone out. I was here with Nicole. We came to apologize, or rather, she came to apologize.”

I slightly cringe at Nicole’s name. I don’t know why, but after knowing that she was the one that caused Onew to fall down the stairs, I don’t like her. I always did find her a tad annoying and just kissing another person’s husband is just wrong. Not only did she make Onew break his leg, but she also told me that Changmin didn’t like me, too. Does she hate me or something?

“Are you alright?” Changmin worriedly asks as he looks at me. “Is the food really not that good?”

“It’s alright,” I say giving him a smile. “I was just…thinking.”

“Oh,” Changmin says nodding his head. It’s like he completely understands the type of feeling that I’m experiencing right now without questioning it. “So, where’s your husband?”

“He’s…out doing something,” I say. “He and his friends went somewhere. I got a text message from him when I woke up.”

“Is he out doing his own thing?” Changmin questions.

“Possibly, why?”

“I was thinking…maybe we could do our own thing here.”

“What do you mean?” I ask. Slowly, Changmin leans in for a kiss.

 

Onew’s POV

“Why did you have to bring me here?” I ask Key as he drags me to the club.

“Because you need some alone time,” he reasons as we get ushered inside. The loud music and dark atmosphere already give me a slight headache. I guess I’m not used to partying like I was before.

“Alone time?” I ask as I’m shoved to sit down at a table that Jonghyun is already sitting at with a girl on his lap. How in the world did he manage to get in here so quickly like that? “I don’t need alone time.”

“Hey, yes you do. It feels like forever since we last hung out with each other,” Minho says.

“Then let it feel like forever,” I tell them. “I’ll hang out with you another day, but not in a club.” I go to get up, but easily, Key puts me back down.

“Where do you think you’re going? Drink,” he says pushing a drink forward. I see Taemin on the other side of me flirting with another girl. Gosh, is this the type of life that I lived before I got married? It feels like so long ago already.

Having no choice but to drink, I take the drink and gulp it all down in one shot. “Good boy,” Minho says with a smile. “Now let’s go get some girls.”

“But I’m married, guys,” I say pointing to the ring on my finger.

“You can think of this as your bachelor party. You think that we all don’t know you got married just because of the baby?” Key asks. “So, enjoy your time.”

“But I’m married,” I repeat again rolling my eyes. These guys are probably already drunk, why do I have to listen to them?

Deciding that this is probably going to be the only time that I’ll be able to be out by myself, I start drinking more and more until eventually, everything turns hazy around me. I get up to go to the dance floor and I make it there with my cast and everything.

“Hey, do you want to dance?” a girl’s voice asks me. It sounds familiar, but I can’t decipher it.

“Sure,” I say as I start dancing, even if my cast is slightly holding me back. I’ll at least accept this freedom while I still have it.

“Onew, I didn’t know you could dance this well,” the voice says.

“Nicole?” I ask squinting in an attempt to get a better look, but I can’t see.

“Obviously, who else would it be?” she asks with a slight laugh.

“I don’t know,” I say with a gigantic smile. I feel good right now and nothing’s going to ruin the mood I’m feeling.

I continue dancing with Nicole until I feel a strange sensation. I open my eyes and look down to see Nicole kissing me. Suddenly, I don’t feel so drunk anymore and get Nicole off of me. “Oppa, what are you doing?” she asks pouting.

“Don’t kiss me,” I say as I walk away from her. “I’m married.”

“Your dances weren’t telling me that,” she seductively says, but I ignore it.

I find Jonghyun at the table and sit down. “What’s wrong?” he asks looking at me.

“I’ll just have another drink,” I say grabbing another one off of the table and drinking that in one shot, too.

“Are you okay there?” he asks.

“I’m perfectly fine,” I say giving him a smile. “I just want to drink. You guys told me to drink so I’m going to drink.”

“Suit yourself,” Jonghyun says as he begins to walk away with a girl. I don’t know where they’re going and frankly I don’t care. I just want to get the taste of Nicole off of my lips. Why must she kiss me?

After a couple of more drinks, Key comes over. “You’ve been having a lot there,” he says gesturing towards the various bottles and cans that are sitting on the table.

“Yeah, I’ve been having a good time,” I say flashing a smile as I roll over to the side of the couch to sleep.

“Are you stressed about something? Normally you wouldn’t drink that much if you weren’t stressed.”

“Do you think Christy likes me?” I ask him.

“What are you talking about?” he asks.

“Christy, do you think she likes me because frankly, I think I like her.”

 

Christy’s POV

“Changmin, what are you doing?” I ask as I pull away from the kiss.

“This is doing whatever, isn’t it?” he asks giving me a little pout.

“It is, but still, I can’t help but feel like this is wrong.”

“Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for him already.”

“No, it’s not that,” I tell him. “What if they come home and see us like this?”

“They aren’t going to come home,” Changmin says. “I have a feeling about that.” Before he leans in for another kiss, Changmin’s phone vibrates in his pocket.

“Oppa, your phone,” I say pointing at it.

Changmin takes it out and quickly reads the message. “I think you’d want to see this, Christy.”

I take the phone out of Changmin’s hands and look at it, my eyes growing wide as I stare at the picture. It can’t be true, can it? The picture is one of Nicole and Onew kissing. Are they at a club? Is Onew drinking?

More than likely, Nicole kissed him first. Yeah, that’s how it happened. She kissed him first. There’s no way that he kissed her. I told him to stay away from her, but they’re kissing. Somehow it feels like I’m going to cry, it feels like I’m suffocating right now. It’s probably just another mood swing. Stupid pregnancy. Stupid Onew, why did you have to make me pregnant in the first place?

“Shocked, right? Well, someone just sent me this,” Changmin says as he puts his phone back in his pocket. “Looks like Onew and Nicole are on the fast way to doing whatever they want.”

“So they’re at a club,” I mutter.

“Hey, don’t worry about them,” Changmin says moving my face so I can look at him. “Just worry about you and me here together. Isn’t that all that matters?”

Slowly, Changmin leans closer and kisses me. I let him. I don’t make any effort to push him away from me. I let him keep kissing me and I kiss him back. I don’t care about Onew, he can go and kiss Nicole all he wants. I told him to stay away, but he just does the exact opposite. I guess he really doesn’t care about this marriage at all. Looks like we’re just both in this for the baby.

“Christy,” Changmin says as he pulls away from the kiss. He gently touches my cheek which makes shivers go down my spine. “Have I ever told you that I love you?”

“You…love me?” I ask.

“I love you. I’ve always loved you, but Nicole told me that you didn’t love me back, that you didn’t like me, so I stayed away from you.”

“Looks like she’s always the evil mastermind,” I say with a light giggle. “But no, you’ve never told me that you’ve loved me.”

“Then I guess I’ve told you now,” he says with a bright smile. “This moment right now is my happiest moment. I wish you were my wife and that you were pregnant with my child.”

“Well, we can’t undo what’s already been done,” I tell him.

“Yeah, we can’t do that, but we can always change things.”

“What are you talking about?” I ask.

“Obviously I like you and Onew and Nicole like each other,” Changmin begins, “so why don’t we get married instead?”

“My parents would never approve of that and neither would Onew’s,” I tell him. “In order for us to have this baby, we have to be married.”

I see Changmin sigh in defeat. “Then I guess we’ll just have to do things secretly without them knowing, right?”

“That would be the most ideal way,” I tell him. Somehow, though, I don’t want that to happen. It wouldn’t be right if I were to do that to Onew, but he’s the one that kissed Nicole and there’s a picture to prove it. Maybe the kiss on the stairs wasn’t an accident and maybe Onew fell backward because he’s the klutz that he is. If Onew’s doing whatever he wants, then I’m going to do whatever I want. Maybe I'll just stop caring.

 

Onew’s POV

Stumbling, I make my way out of the club. I don’t know where the other guys went, but I’ve already had enough of it. Nicole keeps getting on my nerves; doesn’t she get it when a guy says no? Doesn’t she get it when a guy says that he’s already married and expecting a baby? She was at the wedding, she should know.

I manage to grab and cab and tell them my address successfully. I pay and let the cab go its way when I get home. After a little difficulty, I manage to stick the key into the door and walk in.

The downstairs is already dark, so Christy is probably sleeping. I stumble to the living room and turn on the light before I shut it off again, but out of curiosity, I turn it on again.

I see Changmin and Christy sleeping on the couch. Changmin is holding Christy. Doesn’t he get the point of staying away from her like the guys told him to? Turning off the light, I make my way out of the house. There’s no way that I can stay in the house with that.

My heart feels like it’s being ripped out. I think I like Christy and now she’s with another guy. Maybe I just shouldn’t like her, maybe I should just go after someone else. She is the one that said we should be able to do whatever we want, is that because of Changmin?

Walking, I manage to make it back to my old house as the clock reads three in the morning. Sticking the key into the very familiar door, it opens. Stumbling with my crutches, I make it upstairs and into my old room where I collapse onto the bed.

Holding the bear that Christy once gave me for my birthday, I stare at it. “Why must you do this?” I ask pointing at the bear. “I’m trying to be a faithful husband and you just go and sleep with another guy. Maybe I should just stop,” I say slurring my words together. “I think I was starting to like you, but maybe I’ll just stop caring,” I whisper as I gently drift off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen as Christy and Onew have misconceptions about each other and stop caring? What will Christy say about Onew and Nicole's picture at the club? What will Onew say about finding Christy and Changmin sleeping on the couch together? What will SHINee do when they figure out that Changmin and Nicole have not stayed away like their warning? And Onew said that he thinks he's falling for Christy, how will he act now that he finds her with Changmin? When will Christy realize her feelings?

 

Here is Chapter 15. Hope you enjoyed :D

And will the poll, the tide has turned. Having a baby boy is now in the lead by like 4 votes. So, continue voting becuase anything can happen :)