Attempting to Redeem

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

“Taemin, where are you taking me?” I ask as we walk outside. I don’t know where he’s going. The only thing I know is that I have to be following him. Where to exactly I have no idea, I just know I have to follow him.

“Places,” he says shrugging his shoulders. “You seem sad. Is it because of hyung?”

“What are you talking about?” I ask shrugging my shoulders.

“Nothing,” Taemin quickly says shaking his head. “Absolutely nothing.”

“Okay then,” I say eyeing him suspiciously. I don’t know where we’re going or anything, I just know that Taemin said that he’s going to take me somewhere. “You know, shouldn’t you be worrying about your own crush?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he says shaking his head.

“Oh you have to know,” I tell him. I distinctly remember him telling me before how he has a crush on someone “You don’t have to hide anything from me, I’m a good person.”

“Of course,” Taemin says, but I know that he probably doesn’t want to trust me with that kind of information. I understand. He’s still young. I don’t think I trusted anyone with the type of information about the person that I liked.

“Look,” I say stopping the both of us from walking. “Whenever you’re ready to tell me, don’t hesitate. I can help you. I am a girl after all,” I say with a slight laugh.

“Noona, that you are,” he says nodding his head. It was something that he couldn’t deny, obviously. “And let’s get going.”

Taemin takes my hand and begins dragging me somewhere. I don’t even know what direction we’re heading in, or maybe that’s because I’ve kind of been cooped up in the house the past couple of days.

“So, noona,” Taemin says as he begins slowing down his pace. “What I like to do when I’m stressed is dance, but you’re pregnant so you can’t do that.”

“Whoever said that I’m stressed?” I ask. Taemin knows more than what he gives the impression of knowing.

“Anyway,” he says continuing like the statement I just said never existed. “So, since we can’t do dancing, I thought that we would be able to do some pregnancy classes. I hear that they can help de-stress a pregnant woman and they’re also good with helping a pregnant mother.”

“Taeminnie, did you look into this?” I question. I know I’ve already taken a pregnancy class with Onew before, but it’s still pretty impressive that Taemin managed to find all of this stuff.

While Taemin is leading the way, I recognize the building as the place that Onew and I went to have the lessons in before. However, we weren’t able to go back that often because of our conflicting schedules, and now this thing between us. What even is going on between us? Honestly, I’m not sure, but he just seems to be distant lately, a lot more distant than I thought he would ever be.

“Ah, Christy, you’re back,” a familiar voice says. I turn around and am face to face with someone that seems slightly familiar.

“Ah…Chorong?” I slightly ask because I don’t want to make it seem like I’ve forgotten her name.

“So you do remember me,” she says as she comes up to where Taemin and I are standing. “It feels like forever since I last saw you here.”

“Yea, Onew and I haven’t had matching schedules with the classes. I feel sorry.”

“That’s alright, I’m sure the teacher understands. You two are young and not everyone can come to every single class that’s always held. Who is this?” she asks looking at Taemin next to me.

“I’m Lee Taemin,” he says introducing himself and bowing to her.

“So you’re Onew’s little brother? You’re such a cutie,” Chorong says smiling at him. “Now, let’s just go inside, we can’t stand out here forever.”

 

Onew’s POV

I sit in the hospital room away from Raina. I don’t know what’s going on with her. One minute she’s in critical condition and the next she’s okay and sitting up and talking and saying that I’m her boyfriend. Where in her mind does she think that I’m her boyfriend? I’m not even sure what would give her that impression.

I take a quick glance at her and she just stares at me. Ever since the doctor left, she hasn’t said anything to me about anything. I don’t even know what’s wrong with her, even if there is something wrong with her. Either way, I just know that she’s crazy right now.

“So,” Raina says happily looking at me.

“So,” I say staring right back at her. I don’t know what she wants me to say, I don’t know what I’m supposed to say. I’m not her boyfriend, I’m Christy’s husband. I’m married and I’m going to be having twins. Nowhere does it say that I’m Raina’s boyfriend. Now I’ll never be her boyfriend, that was the past and we’re now living in the present. I don’t know what time Raina is living in, though.

“Let’s go outside,” she immediately says in an attempt to start up conversation, or at least I believe it’s an attempt to start up conversation. I’m not entirely sure because I don’t know what’s going on right now.

Then it hits me. I suddenly remember about Christy. I just suddenly left her to come to the hospital. I’m such a bad person, I’m a bad husband, but I got the call saying that there was an emergency with Raina. I guess there’s not an emergency anymore considering that she’s up and awake…

“I’m sorry, I have to go,” I say quickly standing up and gathering my things to leave the hospital room.

“Are you going to come back?” she asks with hope in her voice. Does she really believe that I’m her boyfriend? There’s no possible way.

“I…I don’t know,” I manage to say. “I’ll tell the doctors that I’m leaving so they can keep checking up on you, alright?”

Without waiting for Raina’s reply, I make my way out of the room and towards the main reception desk where I inform them of my departure before I run out of the hospital back towards home.

How in the world could I forget about my pregnant wife who is sitting at home? She’s probably been bored since I’m never around there anymore. I don’t even know why I got myself concerned with Raina’s problem anyway. It’s good to care about a person, but maybe that was beginning to cross the line a little bit.

“Where are you going?” Key asks.

“Where are you going?” I ask right back at him.

“I’m going to go meet some friends at a café. Why are you panting and out of breath?”

“I’m going back home,” I say, but Key just stares at me like I’m crazy. “It’s…it’s a long story.”

“You were at the hospital, weren’t you,” Key quietly says as he looks around to see if anyone is listening, but I don’t know why they would in the first place. “Don’t you think you’re visiting her a little too much?”

“Now I do,” I say. “That’s why I’m going back home, I have to talk to Christy, I have to tell her everything.”

“What’s with the sudden change?” he asks with a light chuckle.

“I…I don’t know,” I honestly say. “Just, just something sparked inside of me. I’m not entirely sure what it was, but it was just something.”

“I’m just glad that you got around to thinking about her, you know, sooner better than later,” Key says sighing. “Anyway, I should get going. I don’t want to keep my friends waiting.”

“Right, right, you should get going,” I say nodding my head.

On my way walking back to the house, I wonder if I should give something to Christy as an apology for not being able to say anything to her. I mean, because I seriously wasn’t able to say anything about anything. I hope this is good enough.

 

Christy’s POV

“Don’t you think it’s a little strange that we never corrected that woman thinking that I’m Onew-hyung’s little brother?” Taemin asks as we’re walking back from the class. Surprisingly that made me calmer and somehow, the reality of actually having human begins is starting to hit me.

“Eh, I’m sure it’s fine,” I tell him with a smile. “It doesn’t matter.”

“Okay then,” Taemin says laughing at me. “Noona, are you hungry?”

“Hungry?” I ask.

“You know, food,” he says as he begins to act out eating.

“I know what that is,” I say ruffling the top of his head. “I was just asking myself whether I was hungry or not.”

“You have to ask yourself?”

“I was determining,” I say rolling my eyes, but I still laugh at him. “Let’s go get food.”

“Alright,” he says. “I know the way, follow me.”

I follow Taemin to a small restaurant that’s slightly apart from the rest of the restaurants that are on the main street just a little while away. The restaurant looks really cozy and unlike anything that I’ve ever seen before. Who knows, I might frequent this place more often if it’s good.

“Taemin, you know, I’m impressed,” I begin to say as I turn to look at him. But one look at his face and I can read everything. The girl that he likes works here. I can see him staring intently at her, even though he’s attempting not to. Our little Taeminnie is in love. “So, that’s the girl,” I whisper to him as I elbow him a little.

“No,” he quickly says as he turns his head. “Let’s sit over here.”

“Alright,” I say sighing and following him since I have no other choice. “What do you normally eat here?”

“Things,” he says as he just flips through the menu.

“Or do you not eat and just come to stare at her?” I continue to joke.

“Noona,” he whispers as he intently looks around to see if anyone’s there. “Shh.”

“Alright, alright,” I say as I keep nodding my head. I get it that he doesn’t want me to continue saying anything. He’s shy. I wonder if it’s the first time that he’s ever been in love before.

“Hello, may I take your orders?” a waitress asks coming over to us. Thankfully it’s not the girl that Taemin likes. Otherwise I think he would’ve had a heart attack. Maybe that’s why he’s deliberately not sitting at a spot where she would be the waitress. Maybe he knows what tables each are a part of.

“Sure,” Taemin says with a smile. He orders for the both of us, which I have no problem with since it seems like he’s been here more often than I have. “Thank you.”

“No problem,” the waitress says with a smile. “Your order will be here shortly.”

“So,” I say interlacing my fingers together on the table. “Tell me, how did you come across this place?”

“Noona,” he complains again and I see his face starting to get a little red.

“Okay, okay, I’ll drop the subject.” Seeing Taemin like that brings back good memories. Some of them are memories that I’d like to forget, but they’re good and precious ones I know I’ll never forget, including the ones with Changmin. No matter what he did or what he said to me, I still had some precious moments with him in the past.

“Noona, since you’re asking all of me these questions, let me ask you some.”

“What?” I ask him. I wonder what he would want to tell me.

“Are you and hyung having problems? You guys seem distant from each other.”

 

Onew’s POV

I stop by a bakery and grab some cookies and things like that for Christy that I’m sure she’ll enjoy. “Hey, what brings you here?” a familiar voice asks as I’m paying at the counter. “Are you buying stuff for Christy?”

“You could say,” I say with a light chuckle. “What are you doing here?”

“Looking around,” Nicole says as she sighs.

“Yea,” I say as I grab the bag from across the counter and turn to look at her one more time. “I should get going. Christy is waiting.”

“You can’t keep a pregnant girl waiting,” Nicole says with a hit of bitterness in her voice that I just look over.

“Maybe I’ll see you around.”

“Yea, maybe,” she says as I walk out of the bakery. “Hey, wait.”

“What?” I ask turning around and seeing her run after me.

“I…I was thinking that maybe we could get together one day, like friends.”

“Friends?” I ask.

“Friends,” she repeats with a head nod. “I know I acted really weirdly in the past but you’re my cousin’s husband and I should respect that. So, in order to make it up for the past harm and damage that I’ve done, I could treat you and her to a meal together with me and Changmin.”

Upon hearing the name Changmin I freeze. I have no idea if Christy would even want to see him. Maybe I should discuss it with her first before anything. “I’ll have to talk it over, but we’ll see,” I tell Nicole as I begin to walk away. I don’t want to keep talking to her, but frankly, she keeps talking to me.

“Okay, well then just call me.”

“Alright,” I say nodding my head as I attempt to move to get back to Christy. I have to give her these things and I have to apologize to her for everything that I’ve done.

“Okay, see you later.”

“Yeah.”

Too many strange things are happening. Too many things that I don’t know why or how, but I should get back to Christy. I have to explain everything. She’s probably sitting there wondering what I’m doing and wondering just what exactly has been going on in our lives together. She’s probably doubting my relationship with her. I have to make things right, she’s my wife and I love her. I have to make things right.

After too many distractions, I finally make my way home. When I walk in the door, I hear rattling and shuffling around in the kitchen and figure that it must be Christy. Stealthily I make my way into the kitchen only to find that it’s not Christy, it’s Minho.

“What are you doing?” I ask him slightly annoyed.

“Getting food. What does it look like I’m doing?” he asks with a shrug.

“Sorry,” I say apologizing as I sit the bag from the bakery down on the counter.

“What is that?”

“Not for you, it’s for Christy. Do you know where she is?”

“Nope,” he says shaking his head. “No one was here when I got here.”

“Why are you even home in the first place?”

“Bored,” he says shrugging his shoulders. “Why didn’t you go?”

“Because,” I say as I search my mind for a reason. I can’t just tell him why I wasn’t going. But before I can say anything, my phone starts to ring.

“Are you going to answer that?” Minho asks pointing at my pocket.

 

Christy’s POV

“We aren’t having problems per say,” I say as I try to think of a good way to explain it to Taemin, but I can’t. What exactly are Onew and I? “I…actually don’t even know what’s going on between us.”

“Well it just seems like you two are going through a tough time,” Taemin says shrugging his shoulders and I can’t disagree with that since it does seem like the two of us are going through a tough time. I just don’t know what to think anymore with him. It just seems like he’s hiding things from me, and I know that he’s hiding things, but I just don’t know what he’s hiding.

“Yea, you got me there,” I say sighing as the waitress comes and puts our food back down on the table. I gently begin my stomach as I think about Onew. I wonder what he’s doing and what’s going to happen to us in the future.

“Just…don’t worry about it anymore,” Taemin says giving me a smile. “I’m sure that hyung will get everything situated and you two will be fine with your twins in no time.”

“Thanks,” I say shyly giving a smile. “Everything will be fine.”

“Yup,” he says nodding his head.

After the two of us finish our meal, we pay and then get going. “I think we should go back,” I tell him. “I’m tired.”

“If you’re tired then we should,” Taemin says nodding his head. “Your health is the most important.”

I laugh a little. “Thanks.”

As we walk back to the house, I’m feeling even more tired and my head is starting to hurt. It’s probably something to do with the fact that I’m pregnant and I’ve been out for a while, also including the fact that I’m carrying twins. That right there just doubles everything that I’m going through.

“Are you okay?” Taemin asks looking at me worriedly.

“Yeah, don’t worry,” I say nodding my head. “I just feel…I just feel a little lightheaded.”

“Should we rest? Do you want me to get a cab?” he quickly asks.

“No, no,” I say shaking my head and giving him a smile, but that’s the last thing I remember before everything goes black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened to Christy? Will Onew get to apologize? What will happen between Christy and Onew?

 

Here's Chapter 35. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And OMG, I'm so sorry for not updating for over a month. College life, blech. But now I'm on winter break and the exams are done so I should be able to update more often than I was before. I hope I didn't keep all of you waiting for too long.

 

And just as an FYI, someone voted for the title of the sequel, haha :P