Broken Promises & Conflicts

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

While Christy was sleeping, I managed to find out Changmin’s phone number from her phone and call him, telling me to meet at the university. I was curious to know what happened between them on the day of Christy’s birthday and what happened during their meeting outside. Thankfully, I hear the door open and the rest of the guys come in and I somehow convinced them to watch over Christy for me while I stepped out. I didn’t tell them where I was going.

Now, I’m quickly walking to the university for the meeting place between us. I wonder what Changmin will say. I wonder if he’ll even say anything in the first place about it, but I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Walking as quickly as possible, I continue going until I get to the place that I want to and see that I’m the first one there.

“Onew, you’re here,” I hear Changmin say behind me as I turn around and face him. He looks the same, it doesn’t look like he has been affected by anything that had happened between them, but I don’t know why that would affect him if he were the one that were to do something.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I ask looking at him.

“I dunno,” he says shrugging his shoulders.

“I am the one that asked you to meet me out here.”

“That you are,” Changmin says nodding his head. “And why did you so graciously ask me to meet you out here?”

“I want to ask you a question,” I begin as I approach him.

“What type of question?” he asks looking at me quizzically.

“I want to know what happened between you and Christy at her birthday and what the conversation with you was about.”

“What are you talking about?” he asks attempting not to know anything.

“Look…” I say staring at him. “I know that you and Christy have talked about things together and that something happened on her birthday when she was with you. Don’t think that I’m stupid,” I say looking right at him. “I know about it and I want to know what you told her.”

“Why would you want to know?”

I don’t know why Changmin is being defensive, that’s strange. Did something really happen between them? I see no reason why Christy would lie to me so I think that it’s strange that something like this would happen. I’m really curious as to know what happened between them.

“Look, I know something happened,” I begin to repeat. “And I’m just curious, okay? I’m just simply curious, nothing more, nothing less. I’m not going to judge you on whatever you’ve done and I promise to keep my cool revolving around everything that has happened between you and her. You’re free to walk out of this completely fine, but only if I learn about what happened between you two.”

I see him contemplate the offer. I just really want to know what happened between them, it seems like it was something big, considering she was sitting there and crying on her birthday, so I guess it was really something that upset her. I wonder what it is.

“I guess I’ll tell you,” he says sighing.

“You’ll tell me?” I ask slightly surprised that he would actually agree just like that.

“I’ll tell you,” he says with a smile and a nod. I’m not sure what that smile means, should I be afraid of him?

“Okay, let’s start with her birthday. Why did I find her crying by the park? How did she even get to the park in the first place? Even though I could probably answer that question, I want to know what you did to make her cry since she was with you before she was supposed to go to the party. I still promise that I’m not going to beat you up in any way with anything that you tell me,” I reassure him since I guess it might seem that I’m going to be acting that way.

“I said…I said some not so nice things to her,” he reluctantly starts. “I started losing my anger at her over some simple thing and then it resulted into me basically ratting everyone out.”

 

Christy’s POV

I slowly open my eyes to see Taemin looming over me. “Noona!” he yells. “You’re awake.”

“What? You’re so loud,” I complain as I attempt to sit up, but then that’s when I notice that I’m no longer in my house.

“You’re in the hospital, if that’s what you’re thinking of,” he explains.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“You’re in the hospital,” he repeats looking at me.

“Why?” I ask looking at him. I don’t know why I’m in the hospital, why should I be? The last thing I remember is going to get something to eat. How in the world did I end up staying in the hospital?

“You…you fainted,” he says looking at me with a puzzled look.

“What do you mean I fainted?”

“You fainted,” Key says coming into the room with a doctor. “You passed out while you were getting dinner.”

“Why?” I ask. I just have so many questions with no answers and it doesn’t seem like anyone is providing them for me. This is so frustrating for me. The doctor, Key, and Taemin just stare at me with a look. Is there something that I should know? “My twins, what about my twins?” I frantically ask suddenly remembering about them.

“They’re okay, don’t freak out, that’s what got you in the hospital in the first place,” the doctor advises against.

“What are you talking about?”

“Stress caused you to faint,” he explains. “Have you been experiencing a lot of stress lately?”

Stress…have I been experiencing stress lately? I attempt to think about what I’ve been doing lately. Have I really been experiencing stress? “I’m not sure,” I hesitantly say.

“Well, stress isn’t good for your babies, especially because you’re carrying twins, it could be even worse. So I advise that you take it easy, alright?”

“O-o-okay,” I manage to stutter. I’m not sure what to say, or at least what else to say in this type of situation. I mean, where is Onew? I look around the room and I don’t know see him anywhere. “Is Onew not here?”

“He’s not here,” Key says shaking his head. “We attempted to contact him but it seems like he didn’t hear his phone. He never hears his phone that bum.”

“That’s alright,” I say with an attempted smile to make things better, but it apparently doesn’t do much.

“Don’t worry, he’ll get it from us,” Taemin says pointing at himself.

“Doctor, is there anything that Christy should do or look out for?” Key asks looking at him.

“Besides the stress, it seems like everything is proceeding along nicely,” he begins. After the paperwork is settled, I’d say that you’d be able to get out of the hospital soon enough. I’ll leave you guys in here.”

“Alright, thank you,” Taemin says after him.

“Yeah, thanks,” I say.

“No problem,” he says giving all of us a supportive smile before he leaves.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get him for you,” Key says looking at me and I know that he’s talking about Onew.

“Don’t worry, you don’t need to,” I say shaking my head as I sit up some more. “You don’t need to do anything, it’s alright.”

“Are you sure, noona?” Taemin hesitantly asks and I nod my head. I’m sure.

 

Onew’s POV

“Yah, what are you doing?” Minho yells as soon as I walk through the door of the house.

“What are you talking about?” I ask looking strangely at him.

“Why weren’t you answering your phone?” Jonghyun asks going right next to him.

“My phone?” I ask as I search around my pockets for it. “Oh yeah, I forgot that I ran out of battery. Why, is something wrong?” The way that they’re making it sound is starting to get me worried. Is there something wrong? I look around the house at everyone, well more like only those two. “Where is everyone else?” I hesitantly ask.

“They’re at the hospital you idiot,” Jonghyun says hitting me on the back of my head.

“The hospital?” I ask shocked. “Why are they at the hospital? Did something happen to Christy? Did something happen to the babies?” My mind is in a complete frenzy, I don’t know what’s going on right now. What if something happened to Christy? What if something happened to the babies? I would never forgive myself if something like that happened.

Before I even get their answer, I suddenly dash towards the door and open it to reveal Christy, Key, and Taemin standing there and Christy doesn’t look at all too happy. “We’re home,” Key says completely walking past me. Is there something wrong that I don’t know about? Is this a trick? What’s going on?

“Christy,” I say looking at her, but she doesn’t even look at me. After all of my years of knowing her, I know that face, I know that expression of hers. It means that she’s angry. She’s completely angry about whatever just happened at the hospital. I hope it’s nothing bad, but if she’s angry, it has to be something bad. Christy doesn’t get angry for no particular reason.

“I’m going to bed, I’m tired,” Christy says as she just walks right by me and goes upstairs to sleep. Well, I guess it is late and Christy needs the rest.

“Goodnight,” I tell her, but she doesn’t even pay me any attention.

As soon as she leaves, the five of us go into the living room and sit on the couch. I kind of don’t know what to say to them since it seems like they aren’t pleased about something, but I have to find out what happened at the hospital. Why does it seem like I’m only finding things out today?

“What happened?” I ask as I begin to drill the others for answers.

“Where did you go?” Key retorts. “You were gone for quite a while, what was so important?”

“Hyung, were you with Raina?” Taemin asks innocently looking at me.

“No, no, no,” I say shaking my head as I immediately deny it. I don’t want them to get the wrong message about me since I wasn’t with Raina at all. I don’t want them to suddenly think that I was or something because that would just be awkward and I’m sure that they would get even madder at me than they are right now. I can just tell it by the looks of their eyes, there is something going on that I don’t know about.

“Are you sure?” Taemin asks. Why is he the one asking me these questions?

“I’m sure,” I say nodding my head. “I’m entirely sure that I wasn’t with her, so can you please tell me what happened?”

“She fainted,” Key simply says as he looks at me.

“She…she what?” I ask unable to digest what he just said.

“She fainted while she was getting dinner in the kitchen,” he explains in further detail…somewhat further detail.

“How? Why? Are the twins alright?” I ask as the questions just come out of my mouth. I’m concerned now and worried and just so many things that  can’t describe.

“The twins are alright,” Taemin begins. “Noona apparently fainted because of stress, but she’s angry, just thought that I’d let you know.”

 

Christy’s POV

I can’t fall asleep. Instead, I stare at the ceiling. Onew wasn’t there and the guys didn’t know where he was. I guess he didn’t even know that I was in the hospital, but he was opening the door at home. Was he planning on going out somewhere? Was he meeting someone? If he was, then why couldn’t he have told me about it?

I sigh as I hug a pillow. Maybe I shouldn’t have trusted his proposal and confession. Is he even serious about me? I know that he’s said it, but he wasn’t at the hospital and they couldn’t get in touch with him. What is that supposed to mean?

Slowly, I hear the door open and I know that it’s Onew. The other guys must’ve already told him what happened. It’s not like I can actually pretend to sleep since he’s already seen me awake.

“Christy, I’m sorry,” he says as he comes and sits on the bed. I sit up so I can face him. “I’m sorry for not being there when I promised you that I would be there.”

“It doesn’t matter,” I say blowing him off, but I know as well as he that this matters. I can’t just suddenly deny it not mattering, he knows me too well for it to matter. It was his promise; he said that he was going to watch over me and the babies. Maybe I’m making too big of a deal out of nothing, but it means a lot to me.

“Yes it does,” Onew says as he gets close and gently hugs me. “It does matter. I made a promise and I broke it. I should start changing and stop being a bumbling idiot, how about that?”

“Never,” I say with a light laugh as I pull away and look at him.

“What do you mean never?” he asks looking at me strangely. I smile at his foolishness, probably only confusing him even more than before. “Christy, is there something wrong with you?”

“Nope,” I say shaking my head.

“Then what was the never for?”

“I don’t want you to stop being a bumbling idiot,” I say with a light laugh. “I want you to stop being awkward around children, but you can keep being a bumbling idiot for as long as you want. I mean, it’s your personality, what else can I do about it?”

Onew laughs at me and smiles. “I knew there was a reason that I’m in love with you.”

“I thought so,” I say giving him a strange look. “So where were you today?”

“What?” he asks giving me a strange look.

“Where were you when I was at the hospital?” I ask. I don’t know where he was and I’m kind of curious to know whether or not he will tell me. He should tell me, at least.

“I was just places,” he says.

I don’t ask any other questions. I can’t. I don’t actually know what else to ask about anything. He wasn’t with Raina right? There should be no reason for him to be with her, I mean, he says that he loves me, although I don’t know why I’m being so insecure right now. I should just stop being insecure.

“Oh, okay,” I say nodding my head and simply accepting his answer for now, but I know that he’s hiding something from me. I may not be positive on what he’s hiding, but I know that he’s hiding something.

“Yeah, don’t worry too much about it,” he says tightly hugging me. “Don’t worry too much about anything. I’m never going to cheat on you, you’re mine.”

“And you’re mine,” I say hugging him.

 

Onew’s POV

I don’t like lying to Christy and I don’t even know why I am in the first place, but after figuring out what happened between her and Changmin, I just can’t bring myself to say that I know. It’s kind of pitiful actually and it’s really nothing about me hating either one of them, but somehow I don’t want to let anyone know I know, it’s just something for me.

I awake in the middle of the night to the sound of my phone ringing. “Hello?” I groggily ask as I answer the phone. Who in the world would be calling me at this time at night?

“Onew….can you meet me?”

“Why?” I ask.

“Because I want to talk with you.”

“Raina, how many times do I have to tell you that we have nothing to do with each other anymore?” I ask her. “We have nothing and now you’re suddenly telling me to meet you in the middle of the night? Isn’t that a little too extreme? Don’t you know any boundaries?”

“Please Onew, I’m begging you, for one last time just see me,” she begs. I don’t know why she’s begging, but I’m not one to fall for something like this. I know too much about how people can get the wrong ideas just by going and simply helping.

“Why would you be begging me? I thought I made it perfectly clear that we no longer had anything to do with each other,” I tell her. “I don’t know why you want to see me so badly when you know that I’m not going to move from what I’m saying.”

Silence falls between Raina and I. I don’t know where she is or what she’s doing and frankly, I don’t care. For all I could be concerned with, she could be drinking. I don’t want to have anything to do with her anymore. I have my wife and my children to look after now. Raina, she’s nothing to me.

“Onew, I’m begging you,” she says breaking the silence.

“And I’m telling you no,” I firmly state. “Now I’m tired if you don’t mind, I have to get my rest.”

Just when I’m about to hang up the phone, I hear screaming on the other line that makes me freeze and sends a chill down my spine. “Raina? Raina? Are you still there? Raina, can you hear me?”

She doesn’t answer back and the line goes dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened to Raina? Will Onew go meet her? Will Onew not meet her? Is she in danger? Where is she? What will happen in the future?

 

Here is Chapter 32. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And I am back!!!!!!!

College life is going awesomely well and who knows, there might be a fanfic inspired by it in the future.