What Did You Do?

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

“So, Mom, Dad, Aunty, Uncle,” Christy says as she looks at all of them over dinner. “Onew and I have something to tell you are.”

“Don’t tell me you’re getting divorced,” Mom says.

“No, no, we’re not getting divorced,” Christy says with a smile. Somehow that calms my nerves a little bit. “We have something very important to tell you and we decided that tonight during dinner would be the best time.”

“Jinki, what is it?” Aunt asks looking at me. I look at Christy and she gives me a comforting smile.

“Christy and I are expecting twins,” I say with a smile.

Our fathers drop their silverware and stare at us while our mothers squeal in delight. I can tell that no one thought about this coming in a million years.

“Are you serious?” Mom asks to make sure.

“Yeah,” Christy says nodding her head and pulling out the ultrasound picture of the twins so they can all see. “Although we don’t know the of the babies yet, we know that we’re having twins.”

“Are you sure you’re going to be able to take care of twins?” Uncle asks sternly looking at the two of us.

“I’ll do everything in my power to provide for my family,” I tell him. “I’m even looking into get a part-time job to help save up money.”

“We’re going to have to get two of everything now,” Mom says to Aunt as they look at each other.

“Looks like that nursery is going to need to get redone and shifted around. Boys, you’re going to have to help us,” Aunt says looking at Dad and Uncle.

“I guess we are,” Dad says laughing. I guess hearing the news that we’re going to have twins makes everyone happy. I’m even happy seeing everyone else be happy.

“Have you thought of any names yet?” Mom asks us.

“No,” Christy says shaking her head. “We don’t know what they are and we haven’t actually gotten that far yet.”

“You should begin thinking of some,” she says. “We can help you pick out some good ones.”

“If you wish,” Christy says shrugging her shoulders and looking at me.

“We have to see what the babies are first,” I complain to her. “You can’t just jump right into picking names.”

“Yes you can, you just have to be prepared for both genders and double of one gender,” Aunt says. “There is always a way to be prepared. Anyway,” she says moving on, “Christy, your birthday is in a couple of days. Are you guys planning anything special?”

“I don’t know,” Christy says shrugging her shoulders. Why is Aunt asking her things when she knows about the surprise party that we’re planning for her? does she want to give it away before it even happens? “I might go out with Changmin-oppa in the morning and then hang out with Onew at night.”

“Oh, okay, that sounds like fun,” she says giving me a supportive smile. She must know about Christy’s crush on Changmin. I didn’t like hearing Changmin’s name come first out of , but there’s nothing that I can do to stop it. What comes out of simply comes out. There’s no reason for me to object since Christy doesn’t take my feelings seriously. On her birthday, I will make her see my feelings seriously. I will make her see that I truly do love her.

“Yeah, I have some things planned out,” I say to our parents and they all understand what I mean. Christy only gives me a confused look. Maybe I’ve said too much, but she won’t be able to piece it together, I know she won’t. I just have to make sure that everything is better than whatever Changmin is doing. I don’t even know why I’m so concerned about him. I’m her husband and I’m the father of her child. I’ll make sure I make Christy mine.

 

Christy’s POV

What does Onew mean that he has some things planned out? Is there something going on that I don’t know about? Well there has to be otherwise that wouldn’t make sense, but are my parents in on it, too?

After dinner, all of the guys decide to go to the living room to watch television leaving all of the girls to clean everything up, but I don’t mind. At least I get some quality alone time with my mother and Onew’s mother. It feels like forever since the last time we were able to do that with each other.

“So, how’s your life going with Jinki?” Aunty asks. “He’s being a good boy, right?”

“He is,” I say nodding my head and chuckling. “He’s always had a look out for me and the babies. You don’t have to worry. He’s taking care of us well.”

“That’s good,” Mom says nodding her had. “He should take care of my daughter and our grandchildren will.”

“I know,” Aunty says nodding her head.

“So are you and Jinki going to do anything special with each other for your birthday?” Mom asks bringing the topic up.

“Well he says that he has something, right?” I ask. “So then I guess we’ll end up doing that.”

“Do you know what Changmin is planning for you?” she asks. I don’t know why she’s so concerned with this.

“No,” I say shaking my head.

“Who is Changmin?” Aunty asks looking at her.

“Just a childhood friend,” Mom says looking at me and giving me a stern look. Does she sense something that I haven’t told her? “Hey, you know what, I think Christy and I have it. You can go out there and talk with Onew if you wish.”

And that’s the moment that I know that my mother is going to talk to me about Changmin, when she kicks Aunty out of the room to go with the other guys so it’s only me and her. That means that she wants to talk.

“Okay,” Aunty says setting whatever she was working on down and exiting the room. I want to tell her to not go, but I know that I can’t do that. She probably thinks nothing of it.

“Christina, what do you think you’re doing with Changmin?” Mom asks as she looks at me and I know that she means serious business, more serious than I originally thought since she uses my full name.

“Mom, you know that we’re just friends,” I say attempting to laugh it off, but it looks like she doesn’t buy it.

“Look, I know that you and Jinki got married for the baby, but it seems as though you’re really starting to like each other. You should make sure that you’re not doing anything stupid with Changmin.”

“Mom, I promise that I’m not going to do anything stupid with him,” I tell her with a smile. “He’s a friend and only a friend.”

“He better be,” she says sighing. “I’ve been married to your father for who knows how many years and I know that look in a man when I see one.”

“What look?” I ask wondering what she could be talking about.

“He likes you, he really likes you and I think he’s starting to fall in love with you,” Mom says. “Maybe it was always there since you guys were close friends, but it’s building now and you guys might become something more because of it.”

“I don’t think so, Mom, we’ve known each other for too long.”

“Christy, you never know,” she says shaking her head as she laughs to herself. “Sometimes best friends are the ones that make the best couples.”

“Why?” I ask.

“Because they already know so much about each other and it seems like they’re married anyway,” she says with a laugh. “You’ll understand in the future.”

 

Onew’s POV

Christy’s birthday slowly approaches and on the day of it, I wake up early in the morning before she does, even though I have nothing planned for her until after the party. Today is the day of my proposal and I’m going to make sure that nothing ruins it; I’m going to make sure that it’s going to be perfect. So while Christy is out the whole day, Key and I are going to make sure that everything is in place.

I watch her while she sleeps and my eyes go down to her stomach. Since we’re having twins, it’s larger than most at this stage, but that’s alright. I wonder when she’s going to start feeling the babies move inside of her. What does that even feel like? Is it a strange sensation?

While watching her peaceful face, I lean over the kiss her forehead. “Happy birthday, Christy,” I whisper to her before I move out of the bed to take a shower and get dressed. I have no idea what Changmin is planning on doing today and neither does anyone else. I just hope that my proposal tops it.

I come out of the bathroom once I’m done and see Christy sitting on the bed and stretches. “Good morning,” I greet her brightly, “and happy birthday.”

“Thank you,” she says with a smile.

“So, you’re twenty, that’s old,” I joke with her.

“Hey, you’re the same age as I am,” she says with a small pout that I can’t help but laugh at.

“Oh well,” I say shrugging my shoulders and sitting next to her on the bed. “Just think, this time next year we’ll have our babies and we’ll all be celebrating your birthday together.”

“It’s a strange feeling, isn’t it?” she asks as she places her hand on her stomach.

“What?”

“Knowing that we’re going to be parents and that this is my last birthday not being a mother. Next year we’ll have our children to take care of and everything will change.”

“Not everything will change, we’ll just have some more additions to our family,” I say with a laugh as the bedroom door busts open.

“Noona! Happy birthday!” Taemin yells coming into the bedroom and jumping onto the bed followed by the rest of them and Inguk.

“Ah, thank you,” she says laughing at him.

“I didn’t know what to get you, so I made you these,” he says handing out a packet and giving them to her.

“What are they?” she asks as she takes them and begins reading them. I look over her shoulder and see that they’re little notes saying that we can use Taemin for something regarding the babies.

“Since you’re having twins,” he begins to explain. “I thought that you’d need all of the help you could get, so there you go.”

“Thanks,” Christy says with a smile while the others begin giving their presents. I look at Key and we silently exchange glances to let the other know that we’re still going to go out after Christy leaves with Changmin. “What are you guys going to do today?” she asks everyone.

“Just the usual,” Minho says shrugging his shoulders. “We’ll get a cake so we can celebrate with you tonight, how about that?”

“Okay, that sounds like fun. But wait, didn’t you say that you had something planned, Onew?” she asks looking at me.

“Yeah, but it can happen when everyone is there,” I say looking at everyone and they know that I’m talking about the party.

“Oh, okay, I guess I should go get ready to go out with Changmin-oppa,” Christy says as she gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom.

“I hate that kid,” Key mutters once Christy is gone causing the rest of us to laugh.

 

Christy’s POV

“Are you sure that you’re going to be okay by yourselves?” I ask them. I feel slightly bad that I’m going to go out and they’re just going to be stuck home.

“No, go out, go out,” Jonghyun says pushing me towards the door. “It’s your birthday so you go have fun.”

“Oh, okay, I guess I’ll see you guys later?”

“Yup,” they all say as they wave to me.

I leave the house and go to meet Changmin’s car that’s waiting outside. “Happy birthday, Christy,” he says giving me a big hug as he sees me coming out.

“Thank you oppa,” I say hugging him back. “So what are we doing today?”

“I thought that you and I could have some fun.”

“What do you mean?”

“Let’s go back home.”

“Back home?”

“I meant back to your grandfather’s home. You haven’t seen him in a while, have you,” he says.

“No,” I say shaking my head. “And I really want to see him. I think it’s time that I tell him.”

“What, you and Onew are getting divorced?”

“No,” I immediately say hitting Changmin’s arm. “That Onew and I are pregnant and we’re expecting twins.”

“Really? That’s so exciting, tell me more as we head there,” he says as he opens the door for me.

“Thank you,” I say going inside.

Like always, the ride takes forever, but on the way I talk to Changmin about how we discovered it was twins and my nervousness about becoming a mother. Those are just things that I can comfortably tell him without worrying about anything. I could tell Onew about those things, too, but knowing how much he isn’t very comfortable with children, it would only get him more upset.

“Grandpa!” I say as I get out of the car and go hug him. “It’s been a long time.”

“It really has,” he says. “Changmin said that he was going to bring you up here for your birthday. I should get down there sometime. I have yet to see your place. Where is your husband?” he asks looking around.

“Out somewhere,” I say. “He’s letting me spend the morning with Changmin-oppa. He said that he has something planned for me later.”

“Hope you don’t get pregnant,” he says slightly winking at me.

“Grandpa,” I say hitting his arm when it suddenly hits me that he doesn’t know about me being pregnant. “Grandpa, if I say something, promise that you won’t get mad at me.”

“Why would I get mad at you?” he asks. “You’re my favorite granddaughter, you can’t do anything to anger your grandfather.”

“Grandpa, Onew and I…I’m pregnant,” I finally say showing him a smile.

“You’re what?” he asks in disbelief. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

“I’m pregnant and we’re expecting twins.”

I study his face waiting for a sudden surge of anger or a sudden feeling of happiness. I’m not sure which one will appear. Could he be happy about me being pregnant or could he be upset?

“You’re pregnant,” he slowly says. His face is still unchanging. “You mean that I’ll become a great-grandfather?” I slowly nod my head yes and see a smile break out on his face. “I always wanted to be one. Congratulations!”

 

Onew’s POV

“Are you sure that Changmin is going to bring her to the party venue?” I ask Key.

“I’m sure,” Key says. “I called him and told him to bring her.”

“Do you know where he’s taking her today?”

“No,” he says shaking his head. “I didn’t want to talk with him for longer than I had to.”

“Oh, okay,” I say wondering why he feels that way, but it doesn’t matter. We’re both concerned with making the proposal the best proposal that anyone has ever seen.

“So, flowers,” Key says. “I had them do an arrangement of flowers that Christy told me that she liked before.”

“Okay and I have the ring,” I tell him. “It’s sitting in our bedroom. I’m surprised that Christy hasn’t seen it yet, but then again she isn’t very observant.”

“Yeah, you have that right,” Key says rolling his eyes. What is that supposed to mean?

The hours past by and it’s time to go to the party venue. “Inguk, let’s go change your clothes,” I say as I lead him into his room. I’ve grown used to having Inguk around and I think that when the babies are born I won’t have that much trouble when they’re a toddler, since Inguk is five. As far as what happens when they’re babies is still undetermined.

“Well, don’t you guys look good,” Jonghyun says as he sees Inguk and I come out.

“Hey, we’re some good looking people,” I say flashing a pose for them.

“Let’s get going,” Key says, “we don’t want to be there after Christy and Changmin get there.”

The drive to the venue doesn’t take that long and when we arrive, the place is already beautifully decorated according to Key’s plan and a lot of people are already there. Key did most of the work when planning it because he said that I didn’t have a sense of decoration and wasn’t allowed to do anything.

“Are you nervous?” Key asks me as we enter.

“For what?” I ask.

“The proposal, the party, the whole night,” he says shrugging his shoulders.

“I guess, a little,” I say taking a deep breath. “If only Changmin and Christy would get here. What’s taking them so long?”

“I don’t know,” Key says as the doors open to reveal an exasperated Changmin, but there’s no Christy.

“Where’s Christy?” I ask darting my head back and forth to see someone that looks like her to tell me that she’s there. Where is she?

“Onew, I’m sorry,” Changmin says coming up to me.

“Where’s Christy?” I sternly ask him as people are starting to stare at us. “Where is she?”

“I don’t know,” he says. “She ran off before I could bring her here. I don’t know.”

“Changmin,” I say as the anger boils through me and I instinctively grab the collar of his shirt and pull him close despite the height difference. “Where is Christy? What did you do to her?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened with Christy? Where is she? What did she and Changmin do at her grandfather's house? What will happen to Onew's proposal now?

 

Here is Chapter 28. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And the name polls are always so close with each other that I don't know what to say about them, well at least the girl name poll is close. As for the boys, Jinyoung is ahead by a couple of votes. So, keep voting :)