Unexpected Guests

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

“Onew, can you get the door?” Christy yells from upstairs.

“Sure!” I yell back as I get off of the couch to answer whoever feels like ringing the doorbell. “Who is it this time,” I sing as I open up the door to be greeted by a gigantic hug of which I manage to salvage myself from.

“Sorry about her,” Changmin says holding Nicole back. “She wanted to tag along.”

“Ah, no problem,” I say. “Um…welcome to our home.” I move over so they can enter. Thankfully, Christy and I have spent all day unpacking and managed to make it at least look like a decent home. Although it’s still a little bare, it’ll do for now.

“Wow, nice place you have here,” Nicole says as she looks around.

“Onew, who was that?” Christy calls from upstairs.

“It’s Changmin and Nicole,” I tell her.

“I’ll be down in a minute, guys,” she calls from upstairs.

“Well, there’s not really much to see,” I say awkwardly. “This is the living room, over there is the dining room and the kitchen and then there’s the upstairs.”

“It’s a nice house,” Changmin says looking around. I notice that he’s holding a box but it’s probably for Christy so I shouldn’t say anything about it.

“Do you guys want a drink or anything? We have like everything. Or food, we have food, too.”

“I’m good,” Changmin says smiling.

“I’m good, too,” Nicole says. As usual, she’s her jumpy self. Doesn’t she ever get tired, ever?

“Sorry I kept you guys waiting,” Christy says coming downstairs to greet them. Her baby bump is growing day by day now and just looking at it makes me smile automatically.

“No problem,” Changmin says getting up and hugging her. “We had no problem waiting.”

“Well, what brings you guys here?” she asks as we all sit in the living room.

“Just thought we’d come see your house. We got the address off of your grandfather,” Changmin explains.

“Figures,” Christy says with a smile. She smiles with Changmin yet she always argues with me. I guess Changmin really is her first love.

“Hey Onew, why don’t you take me on a tour?” Nicole asks as she links her arms with mine. Christy sees the sight but doesn’t say anything.

“Sure,” I nervously say as I stand up.  “Changmin, Christy can take you on a tour later.”

“Alright,” Changmin says smiling.

“So, a tour,” I say as Nicole drapes herself on me. This is going to be such a fun tour.

 

Christy’s POV

“Does Onew always act like that?” Changmin asks pointing at his now disappearing figure up the stairs.

“I guess, why?” I wonder.

“Just wondering,” he says quickly dismissing it.

“I guess he’s just not used to Nicole,” I reason. I get a strange feeling inside when I think about her hanging on Onew. It’s probably because we’re recognized to people as husband and wife and she shouldn’t be hanging on another person’s husband.

“Are you jealous of her?” Changmin asks, his eyebrows raising.

“No, no,” I say quickly denying it. “Why would you think that? But I have always thought that she hated me.”

“Why would she hate you?”

“Because of you? I don’t know,” I say letting my voice trail off.

“Yeah,” Changmin says nodding his head. “Who knows, but that’s in the past, right? This is the future. So, how was your first night with your husband?”

“You know that nothing happened,” I say hitting his arm.

“Hey, how am I supposed to be the judge of that?” he asks putting his hands up in the innocent position.

“I’m already pregnant,” I say pointing to my stomach. “What else could’ve happened.”

“Oh nothing,” he says pretending to play innocent, but I know otherwise. However, I’m not in the best mood to be arguing with anyone so I’ll just let it slide for now.

“When do you find out if the baby is a boy or a girl?”

“I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “Should we even know? I kind of like the element of surprise.”

“Then the element of surprise it is. What do you want the baby to be?”

“Beats me,” I say as I unconsciously start rubbing my stomach. “I think I’ll be happy with anything.”

“What about Onew?” I shrug my shoulders. “You don’t know?”

“We’ve never really talked about it before.”

“Have you guys talked about anything?” Changmin wonders.

“We have…”

“Besides your marriage,” he slightly whispers, I guess he doesn’t want Nicole to hear if she comes back down.

I attempt to think about when Onew and I have talked about something, but ever since we found out that I was pregnant, we haven’t really talked much about it then. We both expressed our desire to have the baby, except we never really talked about what comes in the future with that. Are Onew and I really ready to have this baby?

 

Onew’s POV

“This is the bedroom that Christy and I share,” I say opening the door to let Nicole see. Thankfully the bed is neatly made.

“It’s really big,” Nicole says looking at the size. “Your room is big, too.”

“Yeah, and this is the baby’s room,” I say bringing her to the room that’s right across the hall.

“The baby already has its own room?”

“Our parents made it,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “We didn’t have any control over this room.”

“But what if the baby doesn’t like it?”

“Would the baby even care?”

Nicole stares at me before she breaks out into a smile. “I guess not, right.”

“So, house tour is done,” I announce with my arms wide as we reach the stairs again.

“That was a boring house tour,” Nicole says crossing her arms.

“Then what type of house tour do you want?” I ask. “I’ve already shown you everything.”

“This,” she says as she leans in close and quickly kisses me on the lips. Out of reflex, I push her away causing her to hold onto me and we both fall down the stairs.

“Onew? Onew, can you hear me?” I hear Changmin’s voice say. I attempt to speak, but I can’t, at least not before everything blacks out.

I open my eyes to see white everywhere. “Thank goodness you’re awake,” a voice says. I turn my head and see Christy sitting there.

“Where am I?” I ask sitting up.

“You’re in the hospital. You fell down the stairs and before you ask, you’ve only been out for like an hour.”

“What about Nicole?” I ask as I hold my head.

“She was cushioned by you so she didn’t get hurt that badly, you on the other hand,” Christy says walking towards me in a scary fashion, “have a broken leg.” I look down and see my leg in a cast.

“Heh,” I say as I scratch the back of my head.

“What happened? I thought you were taught to not play by staircases,” Christy says as she crosses her arms.

“I wasn’t playing by the stairs. Nicole was complaining that the house tour was lame and I asked her how would I make it better then and then she just kissed me,” I complain, but once I realize what I said, I immediately cover my mouth.

“She did what?” Christy asks. “Lee Jinki, you better tell me!”

“She…she kissed me,” I shyly admit. It’s not that I’m shy about it, I just don’t know what Christy’s reaction is going to be and as of right now it seems like it’s not pretty. Is she jealous over me?

 

Christy’s POV

After the clear from the doctor, I drive Onew back to our house. He has to spend some time in the crutches. So we have one pregnant woman and one guy on crutches living in a house. Things can’t possibly go well, but my mind starts drifting to the reason why they fell down the stairs.

Nicole kissed Onew? But she clearly knows that he’s my husband and she clearly doesn’t know about our deal to be able to do whatever we want, so why did she kiss him?

“Hey, where did Changmin and Nicole go?” Onew asks looking around even though we’re in a car. Is he expecting them to pop out from the back of the car?

“They went home,” I announce. “They said that they would visit some other time.” I don’t know why I sound so angry. It’s probably another mood swing kicking in.

“You’re mad aren’t you,” Onew says. “I didn’t kiss her back and that’s the whole reason we fell down the stairs, I pushed her away.”

“Why would she kiss you, though?” I ask aloud.

“Oh, is someone jealous?” Onew asks pointing his finger at me.

“You wish,” I say rolling my eyes. “I’m just trying to figure out why she would kiss you when she obviously doesn’t know about our agreement.”

“Because no one can resist me?” Onew asks pointing fingers at himself.

“Think again.”

“That’s the only reason I have.”

I roll my eyes as I park in the parking lot. “Do you need help?” I offer.

“No,” he says as he gets his crutches. “I can manage myself. I just need you to open the door.”

“Oh, okay,” I say as I quickly go open the door for Onew and his broken leg.

“You didn’t eat lunch, did you,” Onew says. I shake my head.

“We were at the hospital, or rather you were unconscious.”

“Here, I’ll go make leftovers.”

“No,” I say stopping him, “you have a broken leg, I’ll make it.”

“But you’re pregnant, I’ll do it. It’s easier for me to get around with my broken leg than you possibly injuring yourself or our child.” I listen to Onew’s words and sit back down as he goes to the kitchen to make leftovers. I guess he really is caring. Out of curiosity of the question that Changmin asked me earlier, I follow Onew to the kitchen. “I thought you were supposed to stay in the living room,” Onew says as he senses me there since I’m sure I didn’t make a sound.

“I was just wondering something,” I say sitting at the counter.

“Go ahead,” he says after putting the stuff in the microwave.

“Do you want a boy or a girl?”

“I like both,” he says after thinking for a long time. “Either is fine with me. Why are you asking?”

“I was just wondering,” I tell him. “But you do know that this is never going to work, right?”

“What, our marriage?” he asks as he gets the food out of the microwave and puts it on plates. Somehow, I find myself hurt by those words. Does he really not want to be in this marriage?

“No,” I say maybe a bit too sadly, but he’s concentrating on the food so Onew didn’t notice. “I’m talking about you not letting me do things because I’m pregnant and me not wanting you to do things because of your leg.”

“I already told you, I’m fine,” he says as he hobbles on one foot to bring the plates to the table.

“I think we need someone to help us.”

“Not our parents, please no,” Onew begs.

“Definitely not,” I say, “but I don’t know who else.”

“I know the perfect people,” Onew says as he takes out his phone. It’s like a light bulb went on in his head.

“No,” I plead as I eye the phone.

“Oh yes,” he says nodding his head as he waves the phone in my face.

 

Onew’s POV

“Hey guys, glad you could come in such a short notice,” I say greeting SHINee at the door.

“Hyung, is this your place?” Minho asks. He wasn’t here yesterday. “It’s really nice.”

“What happened to your leg?” Taemin asks pointing at it. He’s always the first one to notice something, but it was in the message I sent them.

“Don’t you read the messages I send you guys?” I ask. “You guys at least brought your luggage.”

“Of course,” Jonghyun says as he brings in his bags. “We read the message, but maybe Taemin here is a little too young to be able to know how to read.”

“I’m an adult guys,” Taemin whines.

“Not with that attitude,” Key scolds. “So where are we staying?” he asks.

“In one of the spare bedrooms, I’ll take you guys,” I say as I start walking with my crutches, but they all stop me. “What?” I ask.

“We’re staying here so we’re taking care of you and Christy. Think of it as us being your slaves, it’s your wedding present,” Key says with a smile.

“Who agreed to being slaves?” Minho asks.

“I’d rather have a slave than be one,” Jonghyun complains.

“Well, it’s the bedroom right next to ours,” I explain to Key and Taemin since they came yesterday. “You know the one?”

“I know the one,” they say nodding their heads.

“But right now it doesn’t have a bed…it’s empty. We need to get one, sorry about that,” I say apologizing.

“No need,” Key says with a bright smile. He’s always easy going…on the outside, but on the inside he’s probably cursing me. At least they agreed to help. I guess Christy does have a point. I’m injured, she’s pregnant, it’s just a completely bad mix. Having SHINee here is going to be completely fine.

 

Christy’s POV

I’m in the kitchen making some snacks and drinks for when SHINee comes back downstairs when Onew comes hobbling in. “SHINee is here,” he announces like he’s announcing a king or queen. A broken leg won’t stop him from being him.

“I know, you guys aren’t the quietest,” I joke.

“Yeah, they’re pretty loud, but you’re okay with them helping us?”

“I mean…no, but you and I won’t trust each other until either you get your cast off or I deliver this baby, so it would be better to have some other people here that aren’t our parents,” I emphasize.

“Why wouldn’t you want our parents?” Onew asks.

“They would nag too much,” I say. “They would always make you go do something and they would make me go do something. I just want to relax a little before classes start, I’ve been stressed a lot lately.”

“Stress isn’t good for the baby,” Onew says with a warning in his eye.

“Alright, I know, I’ll try to relieve stress,” I say.

“Good girl,” he says going over and patting my head. I shrug out of his pats and start heading towards the living room with the snacks.

“Feel free to tell your friends that there are snacks in the living room, but be careful on the stairs,” I warn him.

“Got it,” he says flashing me a smile as he goes as fast as he can up the stairs.

After he disappears, I smile to myself and shake my head. No matter what, some things never change. Maybe living with SHINee will be an adventure to remember, and definitely one to tell our child later as to what not to do.

“Right baby?” I ask as I pat my stomach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is life going to be like now that SHINee is currently staying with Onew and Christy? Why did Nicole kiss Onew? What is going to happen with Onew, Christy, Changmin, and Nicole? What do Christy and Onew currently think about each other?

 

Here is Chapter 12. Hope you enjoyed :D

And like Changmin asked Christy, he's going to ask you. Should the baby be a boy or a girl? Vote below! The poll will be open unti lthe day that they have the baby. Occasionally I'll post it in the bottom of chapters to remind people to vote. So what is it, boy or girl?