An Unexpected Surprise

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

“Look at this Inguk,” I say dragging him over to where all of the stuffed animals are. “Isn’t this cute?”

“Look at that,” he says pointing at one of the other stuffed animals that just so happened to be the lion that he loves.

“Do you want that?” I ask him and he nods his head. “We can get that for you if you want.”

“Really?” he asks.

“Sure, why not? Go over there and get it, alright?”

Inguk does as he’s told and goes over to pick up the stuffed lion with me watching him the whole time to make sure that he’s alright and that he doesn’t go missing or something. After Inguk returns with his stuffed lion, I continue looking at the panda bear.

“Christy, I’m going to take Inguk from you for a while,” Key says as he comes over and picks up the five-year-old.

“Oh, alright,” I say as I pick up the panda bear and look at it trying to determine if I actually want it or not.

“Does someone find something that they like?” Onew asks coming up to me and whispering in my ear.

“You scared me,” I say quickly turning around and looking at him.

“Do you want that?” he asks pointing to the bear.

“I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “It’s cute and soft and all, but I don’t know if I want it.”

“Well, if you want it, just tell me,” Onew says with a smile. “I’ll get it for you. I’ll get anything for you.”

“Thank you,” I say smiling back to him. “But you don’t need to waste your money; we’re having a baby after all.”

“Still,” he says, “it doesn’t matter. It can be a toy that the baby can play with, too. It is cute like you said.”

“Well what about you? Are you getting anything?” I ask him.

“No,” he says shaking his head. “Nothing here really appeals to me. Is there something else that you want?”

“Something else?” I ask. “The only part of the store since Inguk took me over here.”

“Well now that Key and Inguk are having a nice time together, let’s go look over there together.”

“Over there?” I ask looking at where Onew is pointing and I see that he’s pointing at the clothes section. “Do you want clothes?”

“I was thinking that we could get matching shirts, the two of us and Inguk could.”

“Why?” I ask. “Aren’t there shops that sell matching clothes?”

“There are,” he says nodding his head, “but we came to the zoo, so why don’t we get matching shirts at the zoo to remember the day by?”

“Okay,” I say thinking it over and it turns out that it’s not that bad of an idea. I guess it’d be nice to get something that I would be able to wear and it doesn’t really bother me if it matches Onew or not.

“Here, you go over there and I’ll go over and look at the sweatshirts and see if there’s something over there that I like, alright?”

“But don’t you just want to get either a sweatshirt or a t-shirt?” I ask him.

“Yeah, but who knows what I want, maybe there’s something in the sweatshirts that catches my attention, but you look over there and I look over here, okay?” With that, Onew leaves to go look at the sweatshirts before I can say anything.

 

Onew’s POV

I successfully leave Christy to go look at the t-shirts as I look like I’m making my way towards the sweatshirts, but I go back and get the panda bear and secretly buy it without her knowing. I originally thought about getting her jewelry or something but figured that it would be better getting jewelry from an actual jewelry place rather than the zoo. Maybe I should do that sometime soon…for her birthday?

Before Christy can notice my absence from the sweatshirts, I go over to Key. “What’s that?” he asks pointing at the bag.

“It’s for Christy; can you keep it a secret and hold it so she doesn’t know that I bought it for her?” I ask giving him the bag.

“Sure,” he says taking it and looking in it. “It’s a panda bear?”

“She was looking at it earlier and was debating on whether or not to buy it, but then she was worried about me buying it and money.”

“Okay, I’ll hold it,” Key says nodding his head. “You should probably go before she says something and notices that you bought something for her.”

“Thanks,” I say before I manage to make my way back over to the sweatshirts and pretend to look through them as Christy comes over.

“Did you see anything?” she asks me.

“No,” I say shaking my head. “Did you find anything?”

“I found these,” she says holding two shirts up. “And I already looked in the children’s section and they have one if we want to get it for Inguk.”

“Awesome,” I say. “Let’s get it.”

The time at the zoo slowly comes to an end and it’s already time for us to go home since Inguk is beginning to get tired. He, along with Christy and Taemin, fall asleep on the way home. An awkward silence fills the car as Minho, Jonghyun, Key, and I are the only ones up.

“Are you planning anything for Christy’s birthday?” Key asks.

“I was thinking about some things,” I say. “I have some ideas, don’t worry.”

“I wasn’t really worrying,” he says with a light laugh. “But what are you planning?”

“Do I really have to tell you?” I ask.

“Tell us,” Minho says. “We could possibly help you.”

“You would have to since I still have a broken leg,” I mutter.

“Anyway, what are you planning?” Key asks.

“I’m thinking of an actual proposal,” I say.

“An actual proposal, what are you talking about?” Jonghyun asks. I guess it’s now time to explain the full story to them, even though Key knows it.

“Look, you guys can’t tell Christy that I told you,” I say as I look at her sleeping figure.

“We won’t,” Minho says.

“Jonghyun, promise?” I ask. “You would be the one with a loose mouth, and you can’t tell Taemin either because he’ll probably tell her.”

“Promise,” Jonghyun says. “Now, what is it?”

“Christy and I got married for the baby; you all knew that by now. If we didn’t get married, we wouldn’t have been able to keep the baby. Because of that reason, we made an agreement saying that when we got married, it wouldn’t matter what we did with other people because we would have the baby. That’s the reason why Changmin comes over sometimes, but in the mist of that,” I continue, “I didn’t really propose to her, more like we were forced into the marriage for the baby and I really do love her, so I want to really propose to her, for real.”

 

Christy’s POV

“Wake up,” Onew says as he gently shakes me.

“Hmm?” I ask as I open my eyes. “We’re already home?”

“We’re already home,” he says with a smile. “Here, I’ll help you out.”

Onew holds out his hand and I grab it as I get out of the van. “Thank you,” I tell him.

“You know, you seem tired a lot lately, are you sure you’re alright?”

“It’s probably just a symptom of the pregnancy,” I say shaking it off. “It’s probably nothing.”

“Yeah, that and your large appetite,” he jokes.

“Ha, you think you’re funny,” I say eyeing him. “Let’s go inside, shall we? Where’s Inguk?”

“Minho already carried him in, don’t worry.”

“Okay,” I say nodding my head as I follow Onew into the living room. “Oh, speaking of my pregnancy, I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow to check my progress.”

“Do you want me to go?” he offers.

“It doesn’t matter,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “It probably won’t be anything important and we probably won’t learn any new information since last time.”

“Well, if you want me to go, just tell me,” he says as we both sit on the couch.

“You don’t need to,” I say ultimately making the decision. “I’ll be alright by myself, don’t worry so much.”

“How can I not worry?” he asks. “You’re my wife and you’re pregnant, I worry about you all of the time.”

“Of course you do,” I say rolling my eyes at him.

“I’m serious,” he says looking into my eyes. It’s those words again, the words that he always ends up saying about how he loves me and how he cares for me, but in the end he probably only cares because I’m pregnant. It’s normal to worry about a pregnant person.

“Anyway,” I say breaking the stares between us. “What about Raina?”

“What about her?” Onew asks looking at me strangely.

“Wouldn’t she be upset if you’re talking about loving someone else?”

“What?” he asks looking at me confused.

“Aren’t you in a relationship with her?” I ask. “If you’re in a relationship with her then you shouldn’t be saying those types of words to me.”

“Christy, is that what you think?” Onew asks looking a little hurt.

“The signs are all there,” I say thinking about it. “You should make Raina yours if she already isn’t. She likes you, doesn’t she? She probably just sees me as a threat. It’s no problem.”

“Christy, what—,” Onew begins, but I cut him off.

“I’m going upstairs to rest, I’m tired,” I say as I make my way over to the staircase and go upstairs to our room.

Why did I cut Onew off? It seems like whenever he starts saying those types of things I start getting nervous and I don’t know what I’m thinking anymore. Am I just pushing him towards Raina so he’ll stop saying those words to me? I don’t even know anymore. Do I not want to hear what Onew has to say so badly that I have to push him towards someone else?

What even are my feelings for him right now? What are my feelings towards Changmin? As of right now, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing.

 

Onew’s POV

The next morning I wake up bright and early before Christy. I look at her sleeping and gently kiss her forehead before I get ready for the day. Key said that he was going to go out with me today to help me pick out an actual engagement ring that Christy would like. The other guys don’t know that we’re going out and Taemin is the only one that doesn’t know about the agreement.

“What were you thinking of having for Christy’s birthday?” I ask Key as he drives.

“I don’t know,” he says shrugging his shoulders. “I mean, maybe we could have a surprise party. Does Christy like those types of things?”

“Maybe,” I say. “I don’t think she’s ever had a surprise party before. Do you want to plan it?”

“It’ll be a lot of work,” Key says sighing, “but I like planning parties, so why not go for it?”

“I guess invites and the date would be the best thing for us to figure out first,” I say as I begin thinking about it.

“Probably,” Key says agreeing. “Her birthday is coming closer with every passing day, we should start planning now if we’re doing that.”

“We can work everything out after we go pick out a ring.”

“Yeah, let’s do that first,” Keys says as silence fills the car, but he breaks it after a couple of moments. “When did you first know that you liked Christy?” he teasingly asks.

“What?” I ask pretending like I didn’t hear him.

“You heard me,” he says. “When did you first realize that you had feelings for her?”

“Is there an exact time?” I ask attempting to think about it. “It’s really just recognizing that she was always by my side.”

“Typical love story,” Key mutters.

“Typical love story?” I ask. “In your typical love story, are the two people pregnant and forced to get married?”

“You didn’t have to get married,” Key simply states.

“But then we wouldn’t have had a baby and I want the baby.”

“Oh look, we’re here,” Key says as he parks the car and the both of us get out and go into the store.

“Hello,” the salesperson says to us. “Is there anything in particular that you gentlemen are looking for today?”

“An engagement ring,” I tell her.

“You’re planning on proposing to a lucky someone?” the girl asks with a big smile. “Congratulations.”

“More like we’re already married,” I begin, “but we never got a proper proposal.”

“Well here are some of our selections over in this area and over there,” she says pointing to cases. “I’ll let you look around and if you need any help, don’t be afraid to ask.”

“Thank you,” Key and I tell her.

She leaves the area to go help someone else as Key and I look at the rings. “What would she like, what would she like?” I mutter to myself. As much as I know, Christy wasn’t one that was for wearing rings and since she didn’t really wear rings, then how am I supposed to know what to get her?

“What about that?” Key asks pointing at one.

“I’m not so sure,” I say staring at it. “Is that even what she likes?”

“What about this?” he asks pointing at another one. Today is going to be a very long day.

 

Christy’s POV

I wake up to an empty space besides me and I wonder where Onew went, but then I see the clock and see that it’s already late in the day. Why didn’t anyone wake me up?

After dressing and showering, I make my way downstairs to see Taemin happily playing with Inguk on the floor with his toys and while they’re watching some children’s programming.

“Where is everyone?” I ask looking around.

“I know that Jonghyun-hyung and Minho-hyung went out somewhere,” Taemin says as he looks at me. “As far as Key-hyung and Onew-hyung, I don’t know.”

“Okay, thanks,” I tell him as I take up residence in the living room. “Inguk, did you have a good sleep?” He nods his head in agreement. “Did you guys already eat breakfast?”

“No, not yet, we were going to but then he wanted me to play this game with him,” Taemin explains.

“Here, you guys play your game and I’ll go make you breakfast,” I offer.

“Really noona?” Taemin excitedly asks and I nod my head. “You’re awesome.”

“Thanks,” I say with a light laugh.

It only takes me about fifteen minutes to make pancakes and eggs for everyone to eat. Taemin and Inguk join me at the dining room table as the three of us eat together with Taemin and I cleaning up the mess that Inguk makes every five seconds.

“Noona,” Taemin says when we’re finished our meal, “I’ll clean up for you since you make breakfast.”

“Thank you, Taemin,” I say patting him on the top of his head. “I actually have a doctor’s appointment to go to, so I’m going to go get changed. Will you be alright with watching Inguk by yourself?”

“I’ll be fine, we might go to the park.”

“Okay, I trust him in your care,” I tell him with a smile as I go upstairs to get ready. Within no time, I’m ready and I see Taemin and Inguk bundling up a little to go outside, too. “Well, I’ll be going first,” I say.

“Do you want me to walk you to the bus stop?” Taemin offers.

“No thanks,” I say. “I can walk and I’ll still be early anyway.”

With that, the two of us bid our goodbyes and I begin walking to the doctor’s office. Once I get there, I fill out the appropriate paperwork and wait for my name to be called. “Christina?” the nurse asks and I stand up. “Let’s go back and get your ultrasound, alright?”

I follow the nurse back into the room as she sits me up on the table and asks me a couple of questions about the symptoms that I’m feeling and things like that before she says that the actual doctor is going to come in. After waiting for about ten more minutes, the doctor finally comes in. “Hello, Christy,” she says with a smile.

“Hello,” I greet her.

“Ready to get going?” she asks and I nod my head. She applies the freezing cold gel onto my abdomen and begins smearing it around as she looks at the pictures that are coming up, but I can’t see anything from where I’m sitting. “Oh, look at this,” she says quite surprised.

“Yeah?” I ask as I attempt to look, but I can’t.

“Christy, you’re pregnant,” she says with a smile.

“I already know that,” I say rolling my eyes wondering why she would be saying that.

“I know,” she says, “but Christy, you’re pregnant with twins.” Twins?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will Onew and everybody else react to Christy being pregnant with twins? How will Christy's surprise party go? How will Onew organize his actual proposal to Christy?

 

Here is Chapter 25. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

So yes, I decided that they should have twins. Now it seems like the other poll is rendered useless, huh? Should they have twin boys, twin girls, or should they have one boy and one girl? I'm not going to make a poll for that, but if you have an opinion that you want to voice about that, you can just leave it in a comment or message me or whatever you feel like doing. :)

 

And it seems as though you guys really want me to write a sequel to this story, at least it's leading in the polls. You can vote below, along with the name polls are below also, you can vote in those. Just because I have a name poll for both gender doesn't mean that it might actually be both genders, although we are having twins. It's just to see which name would it be. But if it's twins of one gende, then it would be the top two names that were voted. All of the polls are below, so don't be afraid to vote :)