Apologies Are Not That Easy

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

“Hurry up, hurry up,” Onew yells as we’re walking down the street to go to one of the pregnancy classes that we managed to sign up for. It’s the afternoon and Key and Taemin agreed to watch Inguk by taking him out somewhere and like always, Jonghyun and Minho are who knows where.

“Well, you’d think that you wouldn’t want to go,” I say sticking my tongue out as I follow behind him. I can’t believe that he’s so excited about going to a pregnancy class specifically for having twins. We managed to find one that was being offered during a reasonable time and signed up for it.

“I think this will be a great experience,” Onew says beaming as he comes back over to me and begins to hold my hand.

“And I think you getting closer with babies would be a great experience, too.”

“I haven’t gotten to that stage yet,” he says with a laugh.

“But with twins you know that I’ll need you more than ever, not to mention help from the rest of the guys.”

“I know, I promise I’ll be there,” Onew says turning to me and giving me a kiss on the cheek. “I promise I’ll be there for you and our babies. I’m not going to let anything happen to you guys.”

“You better keep that promise,” I say eyeing him, but smiling. I like hearing those words from Onew, there is a different feel than there was before. Somehow it feels more comforting knowing that we’re at this state with each other now compared to before. I guess the whole agreement between us wouldn’t work; it’s just that I didn’t realize it before until now.

“That promise will be kept for the rest of my life. Now let’s go,” he says pulling my arm so that we walk faster to go to the class.

The class itself is nothing really special, just the normal pregnancy class. We introduced ourselves, we were probably the youngest couple there and most people were slightly shocked about that, but what else can we do?

Besides talking with each other, they did some exercises some of the time and other times they talked about what we should watch out for and just talking with one another.

“Now husbands,” the woman in charge says towards the end of the hour long class. “Despite whether your wife is going to deliver the baby naturally or have a cesarean section, be sure that you are by her side and comforting her no matter what. It’s nice for the woman to know that there is someone there for her.”

“Got that?” I slyly whisper towards Onew.

“Of course, I was never planning on leaving your side in the first place,” he says with a smile.

“Now, that’s all for today and we’ll see you guys next week, alright?” she asks looking at everyone.

The class is dismissed and Onew and I are leaving when a couple comes up to us. “Hello,” the woman says.

“Oh, hello,” Onew and I say slightly bowing to them.

“We just wanted to introduce ourselves,” she says. “Maybe it would be nice if you had a couple of friends here.”

“Yeah, well I’m Christy and this is Onew, my husband,” I say introducing the both of us.

“I’m Sangmin and this is my wife, Chorong,” he says introducing themselves.

“Well it was nice to meet you guys, but we should get going. We’ll see you next time?” Onew asks looking at them.

“Okay,” Chorong says nodding her head. “We’ll see you next time, it was nice getting to know you guys.”

“Same here,” I tell her. Onew and I begin to walk a separate direction out of the building as the other couple goes up to meet other people. “They seem nice,” I tell him. “I guess we just made new friends.”

 

Onew’s POV

Christy and I walk hand in hand back home after our lesson. It was a nice lesson to go through and I actually learned a lot from some of the people that had come to speak with us.

“It was nice, wasn’t it?” I ask her.

“It was,” she says nodding her head. “And those people that came up to us at the end were nice, too.”

“Yeah, they were,” I say agreeing with her. “Are you hungry? Should we grab some ice cream? Are you craving for anything?”

“No, not right now,” she says shaking her head. “But ice cream, in this weather? Isn’t it cold? It’s like October, Onew.”

“It’s never too cold for ice cream,” I say slightly pouting. “Then I guess hot chocolate? The coffee shop there? Let’s go.”

Without hesitation, I begin walking faster with Christy following behind me to the coffee shop. She should sit down, we’ve been doing a lot of walking recently and she should take a break. I’m concerned about her a lot lately, she surpassed the halfway mark of her pregnancy and things are just going to get more difficult from here on out. Christy’s health is the most important of them all.

“Wait here,” I say sitting her down at the table, “I’m going to go order stuff. Do you want any cake or anything?”

“Vanilla please,” she says with a smile.

“Of course,” I tell her as I head over to the counter.

“Hello, how may I help you?” the worker at the counter says with a bright smile.

“Two hot chocolates and two vanilla cakes please,” I tell her. I receive and pay for the order and bring it back to the table for the both of us to eat. I put Christy’s plate in front of her and slip into the booth across from her and place down my food in front of me before I begin eating some.

We both eat in silence until we’re about halfway done and look at one another. “Do you think you’ll be able to take care of the babies?” Christy asks concerned as she looks at me.

“Why?” I ask looking at her with a mouthful of cake.

“I don’t know,” she says shrugging her shoulders. “I mean, you’re awkward with children, with babies especially since you’ve gotten better with Inguk around, but still, I can’t help but be worried.”

“You have nothing to worry about,” I say reaching my hand out and her cheek. “I promise that I’m going to be alright with the babies, I’ll learn by then, I’ll be alright.”

“I bet you’re just going to be awkward with them until they grow up and move out of the house,” Christy mumbles to herself. “I can’t imagine that…them moving out of the house.”

“You don’t have to yet,” I say laughing. “You just have to think about when they take their first steps or say their first words. I can’t believe that we’re going to be parents.”

“It seems like just yesterday the both of us were hanging over at each other’s houses because our parents forced us,” Christy says thinking about the memory. I think about it, too.

When Christy and I were younger, our mothers would always hang out with each other at the other’s house. All of the time, Christy and I would be forced to hang out with each other since we were too young to go run around by ourselves. We would just silently sit on the couch and watch some television. Somehow we would never talk to one another until some years later. Back then neither one of us knew that we would end up like this, married and expecting twins.

“It does,” I say agreeing with her and nodding my head. “Just think, back then we totally didn’t like each other.”

“I remember, I remember,” she says as a smile comes to her lips.

 

Christy’s POV

After the time at the coffee shop, Onew and I begin continuing on our way back home. It doesn’t take much longer for us to reach the house. “Hey, is someone standing on the doorway?” I ask pointing at it.

“I…I think,” Onew says straining his neck to look. “Stay behind me.”

“Alright,” I say slightly going behind him, but keeping my eye open just in case anything was going to happen.

“Ah, Onew, Christy,” a very familiar voice says as we near the entrance of the house and come into view.

“Changmin-oppa,” I whisper as I look at him and come out from behind Onew. Onew stares at me for a moment but then slowly nods his head as he releases his grip.

“I’ll leave you two alone. I’ll be waiting inside, Christy,” Onew says giving me a smile.

“Alright,” I say nodding my head as I watch him leave before turning to look at Changmin. “So, why are you here?”

“Listen, Christy, I’m here to apologize,” he begins.

“Why would I want to hear something from you? Do you remember what you said to me that night?” I stare at him, searching his eyes for some truth, but I don’t see any. In fact, I don’t know what I see in his eyes, pain, sadness, hurt, all of the above? It’s been about a week and a half since I’ve seen last seen him, the night of my party, the last time that he said those words to me and I still haven’t forgiven it. It’s not even like I’ve exactly given his words any such thought.

That night he told me that Nicole and Raina would always bad mouth me and that he would just simply go along with it. He and Nicole had made the agreement that at the family reunion, they would just trap me into doing these things. It was like he was toying with me all along and I couldn’t stand it. Despite clearly knowing my feelings for him, he used me and he talked bad about me behind my back. I can’t forgive him for that. If I am, it’s going to take me quite a long time to be able to.

“I understand,” he says sighing. “I understand that you wouldn’t want to see me or say anything to me.”

“Exactly,” I say. “Now, if you don’t mind me, I have an actual husband who really loves me for me waiting inside of my house.” I move to go inside when Changmin grabs my arm and turns me around to look at him.

“I’m not telling you to accept my apology; I just want to apologize at what I said to you on the night of your birthday. I was angry that you were rejecting me and I just said those things aloud without really meaning anything. I said them without thinking. I’m sorry.”

“You should be. Do you know why? It’s because I’ve missed seeing such a great guy by my side the whole time until someone had to break my heart. Sure, I liked you, I really liked you for all of those years without you knowing, but you made that trust disappear within a second. You know, that night I realized something, I love Onew and he loves me.”

“That’s…that’s good,” Changmin says as he forces a smile. I know that it’s forced, but frankly, I don’t care.

“Look, our marriage may have been based on some sort of lie, but now I truly love him and he truly loves me. Our thing, it was simply a crush and if you haven’t seen, I’m pregnant and with twins. I have no time to be doing anything else. From now on, everything that I do is for my family.”

“That’s good,” he says once again as he smiles at me and shoves his hands into his pockets. “I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry and I hope we can still be friends.”

“Maybe,” I say sighing. “Maybe. Goodbye, Changmin-oppa.”

“Goodbye, Christy,” Changmin says waving to me before he leaves.

I stand there on the sidewalk as I watch him leave. Am I supposed to feel relieved that I made it up with Changmin or am I supposed to feel angry that he just was able to come so easily. Whichever it is, somehow I’m at ease.

 

Onew’s POV

What’s taking Christy so long? I pace throughout the living room and look at my watch. Sure it’s been like five minutes, but still, five minutes is a long time in my mind for a pregnant woman to be standing out in the cold. Sure other pregnant woman have done it before, but it’s our first pregnancy and it’s twins. Christy and I have to be as careful as possible.

Suddenly the front door opens and Christy comes inside, but she looks slightly dejected and out of it. What happened out there? “Christy,” I say as I go over to her and immediately hug her, it’s the only way I know to comfort her right now without knowing what’s wrong. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” she says as she hugs me back and nods her head. “It’s just been a very long day.”

“Why don’t you rest?” I ask her. “Here, climb on.”

“No, I’m heavy,” she pouts.

“You won’t be too heavy,” I say turning around and kneeling down so she could get on my back. “I’m serious, get on my back, don’t complain.” Hesitantly, she climbs onto my back as I slowly stand up as she grabs onto my shoulders. “Don’t do that, “I say fixing it as I put her arm around my neck. “I don’t want you to fall.”

“I told you I’m heavy, just put me down.”

“You’re not heavy,” I say laughing as I slowly begin walking. “And I’m walking slowly because I don’t want you to hurt yourself, alright?”

“Alright,” she grumbles.

“So, what did you and Changmin talk about?”

“Stuff,” she says as she rests her head on my shoulder. I feel her slowly breathing near my ear. “He apologized to me.”

“That’s good, right?” I hesitantly ask. I’m not entirely sure about what happened the night of her birthday and I never asked her, but it seems like it was something very bad, or at least very hurtful towards Christy.

“Is it?”

“Isn’t it?”

“I mean, he apologized, great, but can I accept his apology? I’ve moved on from him, that’s for sure, without a doubt, but…can I accept his apology?”

“What’s holding you back?” I ask as I stop outside of our bedroom door.

“A lot of things. I don’t know.”

“See, then you should accept his apology. I mean, he seems sincere in accepting it, right?” I open the bedroom door and gently sit Christy down on the bed. I kneel down in front of her so that I’m facing her. “Just do what you think is right. If you’re not ready to accept his apology, then don’t. Wait for yourself, don’t wait for anyone else. Make sure that you’re happy before anyone else. Now sleep.”

“Stay with me until I fall asleep?” she asks as she climbs into bed and gets herself comfortable.

“Sure,” I say as I sit next to her in my spot.

I sit there and hold her hand while she gently falls asleep. I wonder what happened to them. I wonder what happened between Christy and Changmin. I should be able to find out if I were to ask Changmin about it. It wouldn’t hurt if I met up with him, right? I know it’s probably wrong to go to him and ask him, but I’m curious, I want to know. I really do. 

Downstairs, an hour after Christy is fell asleep, I hear Taemin’s loud voice follow by Inguk’s. “Shh, Christy is sleeping guys,” I say as I go down.

“What?” Key asks. I bet he reads what’s on my face

“I need you to watch Christy for a little while, but only for a little while. I need to do something, I’ll be back as soon as possible.”

 

Christy’s POV

I wake up and it’s already dark. I was sleeping for three hours. Slowly, I sit up and look around. I guess Onew left after I fell asleep since he’s no longer in the room. I wonder how long he left after I fell asleep.

I sit up in bed and get myself ready once again before going downstairs to see the five guys watching television, but minus Onew. “Hey guys,” I say was I walk into the living room.

“Hey noona,” Taemin says giving me a bright smile. “Are you up from your nap?”

“Yeah,” I say nodding my head and sitting down in an empty space.

“Was it good?” he curiously asks.

“It was,” I say with a light laugh. “Why are you so concerned about my nap?”

“I’m always going to be worried about you, you’re hyung’s wife, I can be the second Onew when he’s not around.”

In one swift motion, Key slaps him upside the head. “Are you stupid?” he asks. “You’re the youngest, there’s no way that you’d be the second one in charge. It’s be Jonghyun, but since he doesn’t do anything anyway, it’d be me.”

“Fine,” Taemin says shrugging his shoulders. “I have Inguk with me. Right?”

“Right,” Inguk says looking at Taemin before turning his attention back to the television.

“Um…speaking of Onew,” I say looking at Key since he seems to know everything. “Do you know where he is?”

“I think he said something about stepping out for a bit,” Key says.

“How long ago did he go out?”

“Not that long, probably only half an hour,” Key says shrugging his shoulders. “I wouldn’t worry. He probably went out to eat some chicken or something. Speaking of, you didn’t eat yet, we all already ate. Let me go heat up some stuff for you.”

“No, no, you don’t need to,” I say sitting him back down. “You guys can continue watching television, I’ll get it myself.”

“Are you sure?” Minho asks looking at me.

“Guys, I’m just pregnant,” I say shrugging my shoulders as I begin heading towards the kitchen. “What in the world could happen to me?”

“We just don’t want you to get hurt,” Taemin softly says.

“I won’t get hurt, I promise, alright? Now, I’m going to go heat up some food, you guys watch the movie and if I need your help I’ll call, deal?”

“Deal,” they all say in unison.

“Good,” I say as I continue walking to the kitchen. “I’m hungry.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Onew and Christy end up making friends with Sangmin and Chorong? Where did Onew go? What will happen in the future?

 

Here is Chapter 31. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And the baby name polls are being posted once again since it was a couple of chapters since I posted them last time.