In All Seriousness

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

“Why didn’t you call me earlier?” I ask Taemin frantically. Why didn’t he call me when there was something wrong with Christy? Why did I have to hear it from Key?

“I didn’t know if you and noona were on good terms.”

“What?” I ask in disbelief. “Why wouldn’t Christy and I be on good terms?”

“I don’t know,” he says shrugging his shoulders. “Most of the time you’re not here anymore and when you’re not here, noona seems sad. How was I supposed to know? I mean, she told me that you guys weren’t having problems, but—”

“But what?” I ask interrupting him.

“But I can see through her,” he hesitantly admits. “I can see that she’s hurt underneath of all of that. That’s why my first instinct wasn’t to call you, it was to call Key-hyung because I knew that he could be reasonable in this kind of situation.”

“And I’m not?” I ask.

I’m angry and I’m frustrated, but not all of it is necessarily directed at Taemin, it just so happens that he’s there and he’s the one receiving it while Christy gets her checkup.

I thought everything was alright with her, I didn’t think there was any problems with the babies, but apparently she has to be put on bed rest now, at least that’s what the doctors think is going to happen. Apparently she fainted because of the stress she’s been having lately. Why hasn’t she told me about any of the stress that she’s had?

“Hyung, maybe you should talk with her once the doctors come out,” Taemin says with a supportive smile.

“Maybe,” I say with a sigh. “It would be the best thing to do.”

“It would,” he says nodding his head. “She really wants to talk with you, she really does miss you.”

“She misses me?” I ask.

“Yeah,” he says nodding his head. “Really.”

I can only stare at him. All this while I’ve been too concerned about Raina to even think about Christy and now I feel guilty. Why was I even concerned with Raina in the first place? I should just ignore her, maybe then that way her thinking that I’m her boyfriend will disappear. Then she won’t think anything of it, or maybe I should just reenact a breakup scene from a drama. Christy always says I’m dramatic, maybe I should do that and then that way she knows to really leave me alone.

I hope Christy’s okay. Well, I mean, she is okay, the doctors already said so, but I hope that our babies are okay, that our twins are. I just hope that she forgives me.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin asks looking at me worriedly.

“I’m alright,” I say giving him a smile. “It’s nothing, just…thinking about things.”

“She still loves you, hyung and I know that you love her, just show it to her more once in a while. What happened to that lovey dovey couple that me and the rest of the guys got sick and tired of?”

“You want that guy back?” I ask raising my eyebrow.

“No,” Taemin says quickly shaking his head.

“Alright, I get it,” I tell him with a smile.

“Is a Lee Jinki out here?” the doctor asks coming out.

“That’s me,” I say standing up.

“Your wife would like to see you now, you’re allowed to go in.”

“Ah, thank you,” I say getting up and bowing to the doctor.

 

Christy’s POV

Bed rest. I have to stay on permanent bed rest. Apparently I haven’t been taking it as easy as I should have before, but I don’t even know what I’ve been doing that made me faint. The doctors only said that it was because of stress and strenuous activity, but what was the strenuous activity?

“Hey, can I come in?” Onew asks as he knocks on the door.

“I don’t see why not,” I say sighing. It feels like I haven’t seen him in forever and that I haven’t talked to him in forever. It just seems like we haven’t spent time together in the longest time and frankly, I kind of miss him.

“I’m sorry,” he whispers as he comes closer and sits on the bed. It’s like he’s afraid to come closer to me.

“Sorry about what?” I ask him. I know what he’s apologizing for, probably everything, but I want to know if he knows what he’s apologizing for rather than just saying that he’s sorry.

“I’m sorry about being a total jerk and ignoring you,” he says as he reaches out and touches my hand. “I’m sorry about everything that I’ve been doing for the past week or so. I never wanted to ignore you."

“But you have.”

“I didn’t mean to. I didn’t know that you missed me that much. Huh?” he asks as he stares at me strangely.

“What?” I ask as I pretend to play it off and pull my hand away from his. Who in the world told him that? Taemin?

“Don’t hide it from me,” he says with a smirk as he gets off of the bed and gets even closer to me. What happened to the non-confident guy that was there a second ago? Suddenly he’s full of confidence.

“Don’t hide what from you?”

“How much you’ve missed me,” he says with a smirk as he quickly kisses me on the cheek. “Because I’ve missed you just the same.”

“Onew,” I say sighing as I look at him. “I can’t be on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy.”

“Look, you’re like more than halfway through, it can’t be that long,” he reasons.

“Really?” I ask looking at him. “Do you know how far along I am?”

“Uh…give me a minute,” he says as he probably begins to mentally calculate. How he remembers everything I have no idea because even I was off by a little bit and the doctors even told me that I was more than halfway through since twin babies are classified as fully developed at thirty-eight weeks instead of the normal forty for just single pregnancies. “I say that you’re about twenty-seven weeks pregnant.”

“Seriously,” I say looking at Onew in disbelief.

“I’m right, right?” he asks with a smirk on his face.

“How did you know?” I ask him.

“I just do,” he says giving me a wink. “But why are you on bed rest again? The doctor conveniently left that part out when talking to me, not like I was even talked to that much anyway.”

“Because I fainted because of the stress and because I’m a little bit dilated, but don’t worry, it’s apparently perfectly normal. I just have to stay off of my feet and in this hospital so they can monitor me,” I explain. “I’m going to be so bored here by myself.”

“You’re not going to be by yourself, I’ll be here with you.”

“What about university?” I ask him.

“Before university begins and as soon as university ends I’ll be here, I promise you. I’m never going to leave your side again. I know I’ve probably said it a hundred times, but this time I’m dead serious. If I ever leave you again, feel free to divorce me and take custody of our children,” Onew says staring at me.

 

Onew’s POV

I’m dead serious when I told her that she could divorce me and take full custody of the twins. Christy understands how much I want the twins and how excited I am to be a father, she has to understand that I’m being completely serious when I make a deal like that.

“You aren’t serious,” she says looking at me.

“I’m dead serious.”

“But Onew,” she says as her eyes dart back and forth as she thinks. “You can’t be serious.”

“I told you, Christy, I’m dead serious,” I say getting closer to her before I rest our foreheads up against one another. “This just shows you how serious I am about sticking by your side for the rest of our lives together. I love you, alright? Don’t let anything change your mind.”

“Okay,” Christy says closing her eyes and slowly nodding her head.

“But this bed rest, I’ll be with you every step of the way; I’m not going to leave you by yourself all bored. I don’t want you to be in here either, but if it means that you’re going to be keeping our children safe, then we should do what the doctor says.”

“I know, I know,” Christy says with a sigh.

“Good girl,” I say with a smile as I quickly kiss her lips. “Are you hungry? I could go get some food for you. I heard that the food here isn’t that bad.”

“Hm…okay,” Christy says after a while.

“I’ll send Taemin in here,” I say as I get up from the bed and head towards the door. “I won’t be gone long.”

Christy nods her head as I leave the room and send Taemin in to keep her company. After I leave the room, I make my way to the cafeteria to see what foods Christy might be interested in eating.

“Ah, I knew you’d care for me,” Raina says as her voice echoes in the cafeteria.

“What are you talking about?” I ask turning around and looking at her.

“You’re getting food for me because you knew I was hungry,” she says with a big smile as she latches onto my arm.

“Look,” I say in an attempt to shake her off. “I don’t know what has gotten into you, but I’m not your boyfriend. I don’t like you, got it?”

“What do you mean?” she asks with a pout.

“I mean that you’re not my girlfriend, I’m not your boyfriend. I’m a married man,” I say holding up my hand so she could see the ring on my finger. “My wife is pregnant and that’s the whole reason I’m down here. Frankly, I could care less about you.”

“You don’t mean that,” Raina says scoffing.

“Yes I do,” I say nodding my head. “I don’t like you, you’re not my girlfriend. I am a married man, ask anyone. I don’t know where you got this idea in your head that I’m your boyfriend, but frankly, it’s kind of annoying.”

“Oppa,” Raina whines as she attempts to hang on my arm once again.

“Stop it, will you? Just stop acting like I’m your boyfriend. I don’t know if this is for real or if this is an act, but it’s really annoying. Start acting your age, alright?”

I walk away from Raina and grab a couple of snacks off of the rack and pay for them before I start making my way out of the cafeteria. I don’t know what Raina has been diagnosed with, but it seems as though her memory has been affected. Still, though, I don’t know what happened to her that night. It just seems like whatever happened will be a mystery. But I hope that Raina remembers that I’m not her boyfriend. I can’t have Christy misunderstanding me anymore. We’ve already gone through enough misunderstandings.

 

Christy’s POV

“He really said that stuff to you?” Taemin asks looking at me expectantly.

“Yes,” I say nodding my head. “That totally doesn’t sound Onew like, right?”

“Noona, I think this pregnancy has changed him.”

“You think so?” I ask.

It is true that Onew has become a different person since we found out that I was pregnant and since we got married. I would say that his personality has calmed down a lot, but maybe that was just because I told him that he should calm it down a bit if he wanted to become a father. Still, the change is slightly refreshing since it’s someone different than what I was used to in my past, my bumbling best friend.

“Christy?”

“Mom?” I ask as the familiar voice rings through the hospital room.

“Ah, Christy,” Mom says immediately coming over to me and hugging me. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Taemin awkwardly get up and make his way towards the other side of the room.

“Mom,” I say again as I hug her back.

“I heard what happened. I’m glad that you and the babies are alright, we all are,” she says as she looks at my father.

“I am too,” I tell her. “I’m just stuck on bed rest until the babies arrive.”

“It won’t be that long, I’m sure of it,” she says with a supportive smile as she sees Onew come back into the room.

“Aunt, Uncle, hello,” Onew says bowing to them.

“I hope you’re taking good care of my daughter,” my father warns.

“Dad,” I whine.

“Hey, I’m just making sure that you and my grandchildren are safe,” he says with a smile.

“No worries, Uncle,” Onew says. “I’m taking care of her the best that I can. I’m sorry that something like this happened.”

“It’s alright,” Mom says giving him a smile. “We were just stopping by before we had to do any errands. Christy, do you want us to do anything for you?”

“No thanks,” I say shaking my head. “I don’t think I have any undone errands. Even so, Taemin and the other guys can help me with them, right?”

“Of course, noona,” Taemin says as he looks at me from his seat. “The other hyungs and I will be sure to keep the house in tip-top shape and we’ll also clean it for you.”

“See Mom?” I ask her. “I have everything covered.”

“Good,” she says as she comes over and kisses me on the top of the head. “Well, your father and I just wanted to see how your condition was. We’ll visit back here for sure.”

“Okay,” I say nodding my head.

After spending a couple of more minutes, my parents regretfully leave with the promise that they’ll come back.

“Hey, Taemin, you can go home now,” Onew says looking at him.

“Oh, uh, alright,” Taemin says as he stands up and looks at me for a second before he continues on his way.

“Why did you send Taemin off?” I ask him.

“I want to apologize to you, officially apologize to you and I want to explain everything that’s happened to me during the time that I neglected you. Can you listen to me for a couple of minutes?”

 

Onew’s POV

“Raina thinks that you’re her boyfriend?” Christy asks in disbelief as I finish up explaining everything. “And you were at the hospital? No wonder you smelled like one.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry,” I say apologizing to her once again. It feels like no matter how many times I tell her it that it’s never going to be enough. “But Raina is psycho. I don’t know what happened. One minute she was hooked up to tubes and she was in a coma and then the next minute she was saying that I’m her boyfriend.”

“I hope she doesn’t try to cause trouble,” Christy says as she takes a bite out of her cake.

“She won’t, I promise,” I tell her. “I’ll make sure she doesn’t. I saw her in the cafeteria and I already told her that I’m not her boyfriend and that I don’t know where she got the idea from.”

“But I don’t want you to be so harsh on her.”

“Why not?” I ask. “How else is she going to know?”

“Onew, she could be in a critical state right now and you being forceful with her could mess her up or something.”

“Oh, you’re so cute, always worried about other people,” I say giving Christy a smile.

“Well, I’m just worried, that’s all.”

“And it’s alright to be worried, but nothing is going to happen, alright?”

“Yeah,” Christy says nodding her head.

I spend the next couple of hours with Christy at the hospital until she kicks me out and tells me to go back home so I would be able to attend my university classes in the morning.

Going back home, I have a lot on my mind and I think about what the future holds for Christy and me. Surely we’ve been through a lot and surely things are probably going to be difficult in the future, too. I mean, we’re expecting twins and we’re both still in university, life isn’t going to be easy for us.

“Hey Onew,” a voice says as I approach the house. The figure stands up against the house with his arms crossed and it doesn’t take me more than a glance and a half to see who it is.

“Changmin,” I say. “What are you doing here?”

“I heard about what happened to Christy,” he says.

“Word must spread around fast,” I say as I go up the front steps and unlock the house.

“Would I be able to see her?”

“Why are you asking me?”

“Because…I know that the rest of the guys won’t talk to me. For one hour. I’d just like to see her for one hour, is that alright?”

I think about it. I don’t know if Christy would be happy about seeing Changmin, but there’s something inside of me that says that she should be able to. There’s just something that says that I should.

“Maybe,” I say sighing. “I’m going to go over there tomorrow after my classes. I would go in the morning but Christy forbid from waking up early just to see her. If you meet me tomorrow once my classes are done, I’ll take you over with me. How about that?”

“Alright, thank you,” Changmin says slightly bowing before he disappears into the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will Christy react to seeing Changmin? What does Changmin want to talk about? Will Raina ever let go?

 

Here's Chapter 36. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And slowly, very slowly, I think we're nearing the end of this fanfic, but don't worry, there is going to be the sequel and I think in the next chapter we'll be able to see what the title of the sequel is.

 

But this fanfic of mine isn't going to end first. One of my other ones probably will, so, who should the main characters of my next fanfic be? Vote below.