The Truth Intertwined with the Lies and Jealousy

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

Am I hearing Onew correctly? Did he just say that he loved me? He can’t be serious, right? There’s no way that he’s serious.

“Onew,” I say as I look at him. “What did you just say?”

“I said that I love you,” he repeats.

“Are you serious?” I ask looking at him. I’m not sure how to react or what to think. It seems that with just those words, my mind can go blank.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” he asks.

“I…I don’t know,” I hesitantly say as I look at him. What am I supposed to say? How am I supposed to react to this? Is Onew really telling the truth?

“Do you not believe me?” he asks as he inches his face closer to mine.

“What?” I ask him as I attempt to get away from his nearing face. What does he want to do? Is he attempting to kiss me?

Immediately, I close my eyes, not wanting to know what is going to happen next, but I don’t know why I close my eyes. I don’t know why I’m doing anything to prevent him, do I actually want this? I can’t want this, right?

Onew and I both hear the front door make a noise and my eyes immediately open to see Onew’s lips just centimeters away from my face and his head facing the door. Out of instinct, I finally push him away when I hear the rest of the SHINee members entering the house.

“Oh, Onew-hyung is home, what are you doing lying on the couch like that?” Taemin asks as he walks into the living room and puts the bag of ice cream down onto the table.

“No reason,” Onew says shaking his head as he adjusts himself so that he’s sitting properly on the couch.

“Looks strange to me,” Key says as he sits down on the ground and starts handing out the ice cream cups.

“Thank you,” I say with a smile as I get mine and begin eating it. “It’s really good.”

“Of course it’s good, Minho picked it out,” Jonghyun says as he relaxes onto a chair. “Minho is really picky when it comes to food. It has to be the best, otherwise he doesn’t want it.”

“Oh,” I say nodding my head as I continue eating the ice cream, but the thought of what would’ve happened if SHINee didn’t come back at that moment slightly scares me. It’s not scaring as in horror, but rather wondering about what would’ve happened if they didn’t come at that moment. Would Onew and I have kissed? Would I have managed to push him away? Why didn’t I push him away?

While he’s eating his ice cream, I sometimes take looks at him to see if he’s any different, but he looks the same. Why would he just say something about loving me? I mean, we’re friends and we went into this marriage for the baby. Did something happen with Raina?

I bet something happened with her when he walked her home that made him say that to me. He wouldn’t have said it to me otherwise, it was something because of her, I’m positive. After all, she is his longtime crush and first love, like Changmin is mine. Maybe he was feeling a little distressed about a problem that they had or something and he just wanted to see what would happen if he would tell me those words. Maybe he was trying them out for Raina.

I will admit that they did stop my heart a bit, so they would probably work on her. They seem good together. Even if Raina and I don’t have a very good friendship, I’m not going to disapprove if she and Onew get into a relationship. Onew’s my good friend and he’s now my husband and I will be supportive of him, even if that does mean that he wants to date Raina.

“Are you okay, noona?” Taemin asks.

“Oh, yeah,” I say giving him a big smile after composing myself.

“Good,” he says. “You seem to be thinking a lot lately, you know that?”

“Do I?” I ask. “I’ll try not to.”

 

Onew’s POV

After spending some time downstairs, Christy goes up first to get some rest before the rest of the guys. I stay downstairs and clean up a bit before I go up to sleep. Did Christy really think that I was joking? Doesn’t she know that I really do love her?

I walk into our bedroom and see Christy soundly sleeping on the bed. I move around quickly and quietly so I don’t disturb her from her sleep. I don’t want her to wake up and then be in an awkward atmosphere with me suddenly telling her that I love her. Why in the world did I even do that in the first place? Now she’s probably only going to be even more freaked out because of me.

Quietly, I crawl into bed next to her and adjust myself so that I’m looking at her sleeping figure. I don’t know why the feelings for her just came over me. Maybe it’s with Changmin’s threat that Christy is only going to like him or with Raina’s sudden attitude change that made me realize how much I should appreciate Christy as my pregnant wife. Whatever the reason may be, here I am loving her when she doesn’t have a clue.

Instead of holding her close to me throughout the night or even holding her hand, I lie down in my normal spot and face her like I do every night. I keep the feelings back of wanting to touch her because I’m afraid that she might push me away and then she would really go to Changmin if that happened. I continue staring at her until I completely fall asleep.

I wake up to Key shaking me like there’s no tomorrow. “Wake up, we’re going to be late,” he says.

“Okay, okay,” I say with my eyes half opened as I manage to make my way out of bed and wear something appropriate in this half conscious state that I’m currently in. I look on the bed and see that Christy is no longer there and Key isn’t in the room anymore for me to ask him. I have no choice but to get dressed and make my way downstairs.

“What are you going to do today?” I hear Taemin ask someone who I’m assuming is Christy.

“I’m probably going to go grocery shopping,” Christy says. No doubt they’re talking to each other.

“Why?” I ask as I enter the kitchen and I grab some breakfast from the fridge. “We have plenty of food here.”

“Well, since I’ll be staying at home, I figured that there’s a lot of stuff that I want to try and cook, so I’m going to do that,” she happily says. “So, I’m going to need ingredients hence I need to go grocery shopping.”

“Oh,” I say as I sit down at the kitchen table. “Where’s Jonghyun and Minho?”

“Jonghyun-hyung left because he was going to be with the girl he liked and Minho-hyung wanted to get in some early morning exercises,” Taemin explains.

“If we don’t leave now, we’re going to be late,” Key tells all of us.

“I guess so,” Christy says as she looks at the clock. “Be careful not to fall,” Christy tells me as she stands by the door to bid us farewell.

“I won’t fall,” I tell her. “Key, Taemin, you guys can go first, there’s something I have to do still,” I tell them while Christy isn’t at the door. Without asking any questions, the two leave. Key probably figured that the something had to do with Christy.

“What are you still doing here?” Christy asks once she comes back to the front door. “Where did Key and Taemin go?”

“I just wanted to say goodbye to you,” I tell her with a smile.

“But you already said goodbye,” she says as she looks at me with a confused face. “You said goodbye with the other guys.”

“Yeah, but I wanted a special goodbye.”

“What?” she asks. “But wh—”

Before she can continue speaking, I gently place my lips on top of hers for a quick kiss before I start walking with my crutches. “Have a good day,” I tell her with a smile. “I love you.”

 

Christy’s POV

I stand at the door and lightly touch my lips as I watch Onew leave on his crutches and catch up with Key and Taemin. I guess his confession last night wasn’t a dream, it was all real…since it was real, what should I do now?

After closing the front door, I make my way to the couch and sit there. Onew likes me, correction, Onew loves me. What about Raina, did something happen with her?

As I lose myself in my thoughts, the doorbell rings. “If one of them forgot something, I swear I’ll kill them,” I mutter to myself as I go and answer it, but I’m surprised at who I see at the door.

“Christy,” Raina says looking at me.

“Raina,” I say looking at her. “What are you doing here?”

“Just passing by,” she simply responds as she shrugs her shoulders and makes her way into the house even though I didn’t invite her in. Who in the world does she think she is?

“Um…why are you coming in? Shouldn’t you be going to class?” I ask as I close the door and follow her to the living room where she sits down like it’s her own house.

“I probably should be, but I’m not going today,” she simply says.

“Why not?” I ask.

“I thought we should spend some time together.”

“What are you talking about? You don’t like me and I particularly don’t like you. We have a mutual not liking relationship so why are you here?” I ask when it suddenly sinks in. She’s here because of Onew. What happened last night when he said he was walking her home? Something had to have happened and that’s probably why he told me that he loved me, he probably only said that because of the heartbreak that he’s feeling right now because of her, or the other way around. I’m too confused right now to think.

“Still,” she says as I watch her eyes wander to my stomach. “So, I hear that you’re carrying Onew’s baby.”

“Yeah…I am,” I shyly admit. Why am I suddenly being so shy about it and in front of Raina of all people?

“And you two are married,” she continues without giving a second thought to my response.

“Well…yeah,” I say because of the lack of better vocabulary.

“How do you do it?”

“What?” I ask completely unsure about what she’s trying to ask me.

“How did you seduce him into sleeping with you?” she asks as he eyes are no longer on me but staring at something on the ground. She probably can’t bring herself to look at me.

“I didn’t seduce him,” I tell her. “We were drunk, it was difficult.”

“Still, you got married to him and you’re holding his baby. You’re forever his, you know that?”

“No, I don’t,” I say shaking my head. What is she trying to talk about?

“You stole him away from me!” Raina yells as she stands up and gets eye level with me. “You stole Onew away from me.”

“After you kept rejecting him?” I ask her. “He had the longest crush on you, but you just kept pushing him away.”

“Because I loved the attention,” she says rolling her eyes, “but you…you just always have to win in the end, don’t you? Well, I’ll teach you,” she says as she raises her hand.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” a voice says stopping Raina from slapping me.

 

Onew’s POV

“Where’s Raina?” Key asks me as we walk into the school grounds.

“How am I supposed to know?” I ask. “I’m not concerning myself with her anymore.”

“I thought you never were,” Taemin says slightly confused. “You’re married.”

“Yeah, but I mean, I’m no longer going to have contact with her,” I tell them. I always forget that they don’t know about the whole free to do whatever thing, even if it’s not so free anymore.

“Did something happen when you were walking her home?” Key curiously asks.

“Stuff,” I say shrugging my shoulders and not wanting to get into the full details, not that they should know anyway.

“Let’s not deal with this right now, I, ow!” I yell as I feel someone hop onto my back. “What are you doing?” I yell. Immediately I turn around and am faced with Nicole. Great, as if life could get any worse.

“Hey oppa,” she happily greets me. “I see you’re still in the cast.”

“All thanks to you,” I tell her. “You’re the one that caused this.”

“Sorry,” she says looking down at the ground.

“I forgot the annoying one is coming here,” Key mutters under his breath.

“So, do you guys want to show me around?” she asks as she hooks her arm with mine.

“Not really,” Taemin says shaking his head. “We have our own classes to go to and so does Onew-hyung.”

“I’m sure someone has time to show me around,” she pouts.

“Where’s Changmin?” I ask. “I know that he’s supposed to be coming here with you.” I want to keep an eye on him at all times so he doesn’t attempt to make any unnecessary moves on Christy. He’s now pronounced as my rival and I have to work harder to make her realize that I love her or at least start showing it. I know that I haven’t been really showing it to her at all. Maybe actions will change her mind.

“How am I supposed to know?” Nicole asks as she shrugs her shoulders. “I left before him because I wanted to see if I could find you guys and here you are. I found you.”

“Oh,” I say. “I’m going to start heading to class since it takes me longer than the rest of you.”

“Here, I’ll help you,” Nicole says as she attempts to grab my backpack off of my back.

“No, I can do it,” I tell her while looking at her in the eyes. “I’ve done it for long enough already. There’s no need to worry about me.”

Instead of listening, however, Nicole still walks with me. “You know, this school is really nice and speaking of nice, where is unni?”

“How in the world does that tie in with anything?” I ask.

“It doesn’t,” she says shaking her head. “But where is unni? Why isn’t she attending?”

“You do know she’s pregnant, right?” I ask.

“Yeah, I know she’s pregnant,” Nicole says nonchalantly.

“Who’s pregnant?” a neighboring student turns to us and asks. “Someone’s pregnant? No one heard about this.”

“My unni is pregnant,” Nicole says while looking at the student. “Her name is Christina, or rather Christy. Onew here is her husband, did you guys not know?” I see the girl’s eyes widen as she stares at me and looks back at Nicole. This is going to be a wonderful school year with Nicole around.

 

Christy’s POV

“Changmin-oppa,” I whisper as I look at him while he’s holding onto Raina’s wrist.

“What are you doing to her?” he sternly asks Raina. “Do you think hitting a pregnant woman would do you any good?”

“How did you get into the house?” I ask looking at him.

“You don’t think that I know where your spare key is?” he asks like it’s the most natural thing in the world.

“Oh,” is all I manage to say. “You don’t have to hurt her, though,” I say as I get a grip on his shirt to attempt to pull him away.

“But she was about to hurt you, you’re alright with that?” Changmin asks me.

“No, I’m not alright with that, but I can handle it.”

“What if she did something to hurt the baby, then what?”

“She wouldn’t have,” I say as my hand unconsciously touches my stomach.

“You don’t know that,” he says as he glares at me, but his eyes immediately soften and he slowly lets go of Raina’s wrist.

“Please, the both of you, just go to class, alright? You don’t want to be even more late than you already are. Changmin-oppa, why are you even here in the first place?”

“I was going to see how you were doing this morning before I went to college but I walked in to this,” he says as he looks right at Raina who is slowly retreating but stops when she meets his gaze.

“I-I-I’m sorry,” she stutters.

“Apology accepted,” I tell her. “Happy?” I ask turning to Changmin. “Now the both of you get going, you don’t want to be late.”

Hesitantly, Changmin follows Raina out the front door as they make their way to their morning classes. “Why was she about to slap you?” Changmin quietly asks as we’re both standing at the doorway.

“I don’t know,” I say avoiding his gaze.

“You do know,” he says lifting my chin so that I can look at him. “Tell me the truth, Christy, don’t lie to me.”

“Because of Onew,” I whisper.

“So then she’s Onew’s girlfriend, right? She’s just mad that you’re pregnant with his child and married to him. Doesn’t she know about the deal?”

“I…I guess not,” I say with a sigh. “You…you should get to class, you don’t want to be late.”

“Yeah, I should get going,” Changmin says as he looks at his watch. “Hopefully I’ll see you later, right?”

“Maybe,” I simply say as Changmin kisses me on the forehead before he takes off.

I finally close the door and settle back down onto the couch where peace and quiet finally are. Are Raina and Onew really boyfriend and girlfriend? Is that why she came just now and did that whole scene? I guess that would explain her jealousy towards me, but that also means that Onew’s words of him loving me were all a lie. Why did he say them then?

I sigh in defeat. Today seems like a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is the student body going to react to Onew being married to Christy and Christy being pregnant? What will happen between Christy and Onew since Onew told her that he loved her? Will Raina continue to do anything? Will Christy believe Changmin that Raina is Onew's girlfriend? Who will win the battle for Christy's heart, Onew or Changmin?

 

Here is Chapter 21. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

I know that I haven't updated in like a week, but I've had vacation and other activities, but I'll attempt to get back into the swing of regularly updating, so don't worry, I haven't given up on this story and I'm never going to :)

Anyway, so having a boy is still in the lead and since I haven't posted the poll for a long time, I will in this chapter! I have also gotten a few name suggestions so far.

Boys: Yoogeun, Onew Jr./Jinki Jr., Jinyoung

Girls: Eunsook, Minjin

So, if you have a name and didn't already write it, feel free to suggest it. I'll probably do a poll about names as the time gets closer for them to have their baby, so if you want to suggest names, suggest them :)