I Do

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Christy’s POV

I’m getting married today. Today I’m no longer a single woman; I’m no longer even an engaged woman. “Are you excited?” Mom asks as we’re on the way to the venue. I’m going to change into my dress there. The wedding starts at three and it’s twelve.

“Yup,” I say as I look out the window remembering everyone’s reaction when they found out that I was pregnant.

After announcing my pregnancy to everyone, it felt like Onew and I had nothing to hide from everyone. Of course, a lot of the adults were totally against it and couldn’t believe that I just announced such a thing while some of the younger people thought that it was alright and didn’t really care because they weren’t the ones pregnant. Aren’t they lucky.

Onew’s parents and my parents had to do damage control and managed to inform everyone that we still loved each other and this wasn’t really a shotgun wedding, even though I announced it that way, but they’re parents. Plus, our parents are good enough liars that everyone sort of believed that we love each other and that the baby was just going to come eventually anyway. Yeah, like that was ever going to happen.

“I can’t believe that my baby is getting married,” Mom coos over me.

“You probably can’t believe that your baby is having a baby,” I remark as I pat my stomach.

“Well, you’re not having the baby right now,” she says, “so that part can wait.”

“Thanks Mom,” I sort of angrily say as I cross my arms in front of my chest. “Good thing to say to a pregnant woman.”

“I just don’t want to overwhelm myself. I already feel like I could cry,” she says.

“Of course,” I say as I roll my eyes.

“Don’t you feel extremely happy?”

“Sure,” I say putting on a big smile for her.

“Before the wedding we’re going to get some photos of you and Jinki together, alright?”

“Weren’t those supposed to happen before the wedding?” I ask.

“Doesn’t matter,” she says. “Plus, they are getting done before the wedding.”

“But I thought that the groom couldn’t see the bride on the day of the wedding? Wait, never mind, let him see me all he wants.”

Mom just stares at me quizzically, but she decides not to ask any questions for the better of both of us. She knows that if she asked me more questions that I would reply back with witty comments, I’m just in that sort of mood, even if today is my wedding day.

 

Onew’s POV

“Today’s the big day,” Jonghyun remarks as he drives to the place. I don’t know why I even decided to come with them in the first place. Well my parents were busy keeping family under control and I guess they just wanted me out of the house before I could answer any questions that they had about Christy’s pregnancy. I’ll never forget half of their reactions towards finding out that she’s pregnant, they were priceless.

“I can’t believe hyung’s going to be a married man,” Taemin says as he looks at me in awe.

“I’m not growing a third head,” I comment. “It’s only marriage.”

“Only marriage?” Key asks. “Is that how lightly you’re going to take your marriage with Christy?” I forgot, they don’t know that Christy and I are having an…open marriage.

“Well, I’m sure it wouldn’t be any different,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “It’s marriage and we’re best friends. What could be different about it?”

“Um the fact that you guys are going to be living under the same roof together?” Minho asks in a ‘duh’ fashion.

“Well, besides that,” I say.

“Where are you living anyway?” Taemin asks.

“Our families bought a house. It’s their wedding gift to us,” I say.

“Have you seen it yet?” Jonghyun asks. I shake my head. “You haven’t seen the house you’re living in yet?’

“I’m sure it’s a normal house,” I say. “I shouldn’t have any reason to believe it’s not.”

“Hyung, but you totally have to tell us how the married life is,” Minho says.

“I just told you that it’s probably like normal,” I tell them.

“And I say that eating different chicken is like eating the same one before it,” Key says.

“No it’s not,” I say feeling slightly offended. “Each chicken has its own qualities that make it different from the last. The way that it’s cooked and handled is different than the next.”

“See,” he says pointing his finger at me, “that’s the exact way that marriage is. It’s going to be different than a simple friendship.”

“Fine, fine,” I say pouting a little bit. “But don’t expect to hear many stories from me.”

“Fine then, we’ll just come and visit all of the time,” Jonghyun retaliates.

“Not if I don’t tell you where I live,” I mutter.

 

Christy’s POV

I stare at myself in the body mirror. I can’t believe that I look like this. The baby bump is starting to become a little visible. It’s a showing reality to me every day that this baby thing is real and that there’s really something in my stomach. It’s actually quite a hard concept to wrap my head around.

“You look beautiful,” Dad says coming up behind me.

“Thanks,” I say turning around. “I have to go take pictures with Onew.”

“We know,” he says nodding his head. “I just wanted to tell you before Jinki saw you.”

“Are you sure he’ll even say anything?” I ask as I look at myself again. The dress is a strapless one and even though I’m pregnant, it doesn’t look that bad on me.

“I’m positive he’ll say something, you guys are getting married after all.”

“But did you forget that we’re getting married just for the baby?”

“You guys will fall in love I’m sure. You guys already have to like each other a little bit. Why else would you agree to marrying each other? I have to go help Jinki’s parents now. Your mother should take you to the photographer soon.”

As Dad leaves, I can’t help but think about his words. They were probably the first nice words that he’s said to me. Normally when he talks to me it’s something bad about the pregnancy, but I don’t think the pregnancy came up even once in the conversation, besides being the reason why we’re getting married.

But if Onew and I both decided to get married, then do we have slight crushes on each other? But we’re good friends, being married will be like living with your best friend, but that’s exactly how it’s going to be.

“Ready to go to the photographer?” Mom asks poking her head in. It’s already about one in the afternoon and by the time the pictures get done, it’ll be around two thirty, which only gives me a half an hour after that to get myself freshened up before the wedding.

“Yeah,” I say looking at her. “Could you help me with my dress, though?”

Mom and I make our way downstairs to find Onew and the rest of the SHINee members standing around. “Christy, you look really good,” Key says as soon as he sees me.

“Thanks,” I say slightly blushing at the comment. I catch Onew staring at me a little, but he quickly turns away when he sees me looking back at him.

“Okay, who’s ready for some photographs?” the photographer asks. We all walk outside to a garden for where the pictures are going to take place. “Let’s have the bride and groom first.”

Onew and I awkwardly stand next to each other. We both have no absolute idea how this is supposed to go. It’s easy to pretend to be loving boyfriend and girlfriend in front of people that we’re not very familiar with, but in front of our friends, it suddenly turns embarrassing.

“Guys, have more life in you,” Taemin says.

“Yeah,” Mom says agreeing with him, although he probably has no idea who he is.

Onew gives me a light smile before he wraps his arms around me. I do the same and we smile at each other while the photographer snaps a few photos.

“That looks really good,” he says. “Now, if we could have a couple of more with you two and then we’ll get your friends in here. We’ll get some more with the rest of the people after the ceremony.”

Gradually, Onew and I find ourselves starting to become comfortable with this whole act and find ourselves taking natural pictures. Sometimes Onew would even do a funny face and I would laugh at him causing the picture to come out really good, as said by the photographer.

“You want to know something?” Onew asks as he leans in and whispers in my ear. “You look really beautiful.” I slightly blush at the comment and I know that the photographer probably got pictures of it. So, I decide to do the same back to him.

“Do you want to know something?” I ask whispering in his ear. “You don’t look that bad yourself.”

 

Onew’s POV

“Okay,” the photographer says, “let’s get everyone in there.”

SHINee comes into the photo and we take a couple formal ones before we start goofing off with one another. “Hey guys, just think,” Jonghyun says as we’re playing around for yet another picture.

“What?” Christy and I ask at the same time.

“Heh, you guys are already a married couple,” Key comments.

“You guys are going to get to kiss in front of everyone.” At the mention of a kiss, Christy and I immediately look at each other. “Have you guys ever kissed before?” Jonghyun asks.

“Duh,” Minho says lightly hitting his head. “How else would they have gotten the baby?”

“Kiss?” Christy asks looking at me. “We forgot about the kiss,” she whispers.

“What are we supposed to do?” I ask. “I mean, I have to kiss you, right? It would look suspicious if I don’t.”

“That is true,” Christy says thinking about it.

“I guess we have to kiss,” I tell her.

“I guess so, too,” she says, “but it’ll be the only kiss you get from me.”

“No problem,” I say smiling at her.

The photoshoot comes to an end and Christy and I have a half an hour before the wedding starts for us to freshen up from our outside adventure.

“In a half an hour hyung is going to be a married man,” Taemin says. I guess he’s too young for this marriage thing. Well, I’m too young for it, too.

“You know, I keep replaying how everyone reacted to the pregnancy news at your engagement party in my head,” Minho says slightly laughing.

“It’s funny isn’t it?” I ask him.

“Very,” he says. “I thought people were about to blow their top. Especially when Christy said that it was a shotgun wedding.”

“It could be slightly classified as that,” I say, “but…she wouldn’t have agreed to marry me if she didn’t like me.”

“I’m sure you guys will have a happy life,” Key says. He always has the somewhat positive outlook on life. “I mean, you’re already starting a family. You guys had to be happy sometime.” I shoot him a glare, but it doesn’t seem to bother him.

“Your whole life is going to change,” Taemin says as he looks off into the distance. It’s like he’s performing a one man show. “You’re going to be married. You’re going to start sharing things with another person. This isn’t just dating anymore, hyung.”

“I know, Taemin,” I say smiling at the boy. “Hey, you’re my best man, you have to say some encouraging words and you have to speak at the reception.”

“You already told me that,” he says as he pulls out a folded piece of paper. “Don’t worry, I came prepared.”

“Do you know how long it took him to write that thing?” Jonghyun asks pointing at it.

“He would ask us every five seconds what our reactions were to it,” Minho complains.

“Hey, it turned out well, though,” Taemin says defending himself. “You’ll like it.”

 

Christy’s POV

“Unni!” Nicole yells as she enters the room and runs over to me.

“Hey,” I greet her. She became my maid of honor. Mom picked her so I guess I can have no complaints.

“I can’t believe you’re preggy and you’re brave if you announced it to everyone at your engagement party. Is the father Onew?”

“No,” I say, my voice heavy with sarcasm. “I’m just marrying him because I feel like it.”

“Sorry,” she says with a smile that never seems to go away. “I just didn’t know.”

“Why else would I be marrying him?” I ask her.

“How am I supposed to know?’ she asks. “But I’m glad you’re marrying him. He seems like a nice guy.”

“Uh huh,” I say not really paying any attention to her. After all of these years, I’ve just learned to ignore her, well, I’ve learned to filter out the unimportant parts. More than half of what she says is unimportant.

“Are you and Onew going to live together?” she asks. Boy does she ask a lot of questions.

“No, we’re going to live out in a box,” I tell her.

“I’m going to visit you all of the time,” Nicole exclaims. I guess she didn’t even listen to me. Strangely, I’m not sad about that.

“Christina, are you ready?” Dad asks coming into the room. “It’s time for the show.”

“Okay,” I say standing up as I look at my reflection once more. I’m about to get married.

Mom, Dad, Nicole, and I make our way to the entrance of the church before the double doors. I can already hear the faint music from the inside. “Don’t be nervous,” Mom whispers. “I’m going to go take a seat.” I nod as she kisses me on the cheek and then leaves.

“I can’t believe you’re already getting married,” Dad says as he looks at me once more.

“I know,” I say. “And I’m having a baby.”

“Yup,” he says. He didn’t say one bad thing about it, I guess the situation is kind of improving. “Ready to go?”

“I’m ready,” I say as I take a deep breath as the double doors open letting the others inside before the familiar music starts as my cue.

 

Onew’s POV

Everyone starts entering and I can’t help but notice the members of SHINee the most. Poor Key got partnered with Nicole. We would’ve made Taemin do it, but he’s standing up at the front with me.

“You have the rings, right?” I whisper to him.

“Don’t worry, hyung,” he says. “I have everything. I’m not as forgetful as Jonghyun-hyung.” I nod approvingly as the familiar music starts.

Suddenly, everyone rises and all of their eyes are on the back double doors, mine including. I see Christy as she starts walking down the aisle with her father. Even if I just saw her an hour earlier for our photos, it feels like I’m seeing her for the first time and she still looks beautiful. In the dress, her slight baby bump is more evident and it just shows to the people that came that she really is pregnant. They can think whatever they want about us, I could care less.

I can’t believe that I’m about to get married. This is marriage we’re talking about. I’m going to be living with Christy, we’re going to see each other twenty-four seven. If I wanted to get away from her mood swings, I probably couldn’t. We’re living together, which means that we’re probably going to have to share a bed together. Everyone was right, married life is going to be completely different from being best friends.

Finally, Christy and her father get to the place where I’m standing. “Jinki,” Uncle says to me. “I hand over my daughter to you. I hope you’ll take care of her well.”

“I will,” I say as I take Christy’s hand. I smile to her and she smiles back. I guess weddings do make the bride more beautiful than the average day, not that Christy looks ugly, but she’s my best friend, I’ve never looked at her that way. We’re brother and sister.

The ceremony starts smoothly and it’s the time to exchange rings. Thankfully, like his word, Taemin hands me the rings that he’s kept in his pocket. I’m thankful that we didn’t have some sort of accident where the rings were forgotten or something. That would’ve been even more of an embarrassment.

After we both have said our vows, it’s time for the kissing part. I look at Christy and give her a little face that she smiles at.

“Christina, will you take Jinki to be your husband?”

“I do,” Christy says without hesitation as she looks at me.

“Jinki, will you take Christina to be your wife?” he asks turning to me.

“I do,” I say as I look Christy in the eyes.

“Well, Lee Jinki, you may now kiss your bride.”

The words are spoken and I look at Christy. Without any second hesitation, I press my lips against hers. Suddenly, I feel a tingling sensation inside that I can’t exactly describe. I pull away from the kiss and Christy and I are both slightly blushing a bit.

“I know pronounce you husband and wife,” the voice echoes through the hall.

Christy and I turn to face everyone in the church before we walk down the aisle again. My married life with my best friend has started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onew and Christy are now married, what is their married life going to be like? Why is Nicole always so interested in Christy and Onew's life? What's going to happen to their lives now that they're married?

 

Here is Chapter 10. Hope you enjoyed :D