A New Addition?

Me and My Bumbling Best Friend

Onew’s POV

As soon as Nicole closes about Christy being pregnant, that girl and her friends begin talking. No doubt they’re talking about Christy and no doubt the whole school is going to know by the end of the day, even withint he next hour everyone will probably know about Christy being pregnant and us being married to each other.

“Thanks a lot,” I tell Nicole as I start hobbling away on my crutches.

“What?” she asks confused. “Was I not supposed to say something?”

Instead of answering her, I continue walking to my class, but she keeps following me. “Shouldn’t you go to your own classes? I have mine,” I ask her.

“I guess,” she says thinking about it. “I have to get someone to show me around, though.”

“Just find your way on your own, there are maps,” I say as I continue walking without looking back. I don’t need to worry about Nicole right now.

As I continue to class, I hear whispers around me and I guess that word has already gotten around about Christy and me being married and the fact that we’re expecting a baby. Who knew that word could get around so fast about something.

Without taking a look at anyone else, I sit down in my seat and pull out the appropriate materials that I would need for the class. I still feel the stares on me but I try not to mind them. It is Nicole’s fault that they’re staring at me. I wonder how Christy would react knowing that Nicole told everyone everything. It’s like that girl doesn’t know how to mind her own business.

I look up as Raina enters the room. She avoids eye contact with me and frankly I don’t mind. In all honesty, I’m probably going to avoid her for the rest of life. How could she just say those things about Christy and me, even though she didn’t know she was really saying them about me, but still. It makes no sense.

Even if I’m not speaking to her, I watch her as she takes her seat in the class. I guess she must hear the whispers from the other students since her ears perked up a little bit, but she doesn’t do anything. She probably doesn’t want to say anything after I’ve disappointed her a whole lot with this marriage and pregnancy stuff, but that’s alright. It’s my life and it’s her life.

As the teacher comes in, everyone is quiet and listens to the lecture. I try to pay attention the best I can, but there’s always someone’s whispering that can be heard or stares that can be felt. Why did Nicole have to say any of that stuff in the first place?

About midway through the lecture, the door opens to find a breathless Nicole. “And you are?” the professor asks looking at her.

“I’m Nicole,” she says greeting everyone as if she’s done nothing wrong. “My first day of classes are today, I’m a new transfer student.”

“Ah, okay,” he says not paying attention to her. “You may take a seat.”

I watch Nicole as she scans the room and attempt to move my face away from the line of sight so she doesn’t see me, but that doesn’t work so well. I watch as she happily bounces up the staircase to the aisle that I’m sitting in and takes a seat next to me, much to the surprise of some of the other students.

“What are we talking about?” she whispers to me, but her voice is still loud.

“You should’ve been here on time,” I calmly say.

“Well, I would’ve been if someone weren’t so mean this morning.”

“Thanks to you, everyone keeps talking about Christy and me now, are you happy?” I ask her.

“How was I supposed to know that no one knew yet?” she innocently asks as she attempts to show some aegyo.

“Look, just pay attention.” I turn my head back to the class and attempt to ignore Nicole’s presence next to me, but it’s pretty hard. I have to watch what I do from now on or else all of these rumors are going to start floating around the school about me.

 

Christy’s POV

I attempt to find something good on television, but the only person that can come to my mind, or rather people, are Onew and Raina. Why can’t I get them off of my mind? Is Raina really dating Onew? Why did he say that he loved me?

Nothing seems right anymore. I stare at the faint outline of my stomach and pat it a little bit. “What is your daddy doing?” I ask the baby.

Sighing, I look at the wall clock and see that it’s nearing noon. I have to eat lunch and I have to go to the grocery store to try out some of the cute little bakery things that I saw online. Hopefully the SHINee members would enjoy eating them.

Turning off the television, I get up off of the couch and travel to the kitchen to make myself a tomato sandwich. It might not be much for lunch, but frankly, I don’t really have an appetite right now. I just know I have to eat.

While eating, I begin staring off into space. Does Onew really love me or does he love Raina? Am I simply a toy for him to use whenever he feels like? What are my feelings for Changmin? Surely he’s been my oppa forever and he’s my first crush and my first love, but…what is this? Why am I so concerned about what they think about me anyway?

After quickly finishing up my lunch, I make my way out of the door to walk to the grocery store since it’s not that far and I could use the fresh air, plus it’s not that I need that much anyway, only the decorations. It felt good to be outside again after being kept inside and not going to classes made me sick of the inside. I longed to be outside in the fresh air but I know that both Changmin and Onew would freak out, not to mention Key and probably the rest of SHINee would, too.

“Hmm, what to get,” I mutter to myself as I get a cart and begin walking around. I fish the list out of my pocket of the decorations that I’ll need for the things that I’m making. I already have the rest of the ingredients at home, so that’s a plus.

“Christy?” a voice asks causing me to turn around.

“Ah, Auntie,” I say happily greeting her. “What are you doing here?”

“Getting some more groceries for home. What are you doing here?” she asks.

“I’m just getting some decorations for some desserts that I’m planning on making,” I tell her.

“That sounds like it’s going to be good, do you need any help?” she offers.

“Sure,” I tell her with a smile. “I can help you, too.”

We walk around for a while together finding our ingredients. “Christy, do you feel lonely now that you’re at home by yourself?”

“A little,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “Why?”

“I was thinking that maybe you should get some experience in raising a child, you and Jinki.” I don’t know if I like where this is going.

“What do you mean, Auntie?”

“I mean, my sister is going to work overseas for a while and she has a five year old child,” she begins to explain.

“You want Jinki and I to take care of a five year old child?” I ask in disbelief.

“Well, it’s only an option. I mean, you’re home by yourself most of the time and it’d be nice to have someone around, wouldn’t it?”

“But doesn’t he have to go to school?”

“Then you’d find excuses to get out of the house. What do you say?” she asks.

I think about her offer. It would be nice having someone else there, but a child that’s already five? I’m not sure if I would be able to do it, well, I have confidence in my abilities, it’s just Onew’s abilities that I’m not so sure of.

“Let me talk it over with Onew,” I tell her. “I’ll give you an answer by tonight.”

“Okay,” Auntie says with a big smile. “He’s flying in tomorrow, so I guess you would want to give me an answer as quickly as possible so we can get him settled and we don’t have to move him if you guys agree to take him on.”

 

Onew’s POV

Lunchtime finally approaches and I find SHINee sitting at their usual table. “Heard about what happened,” Key says as soon as I sit down.

“I don’t even get to eat my food yet and you already mention it,” I tell him as I take a bite of my chicken.

“Well it’s all around school, you would think that this is the biggest news that the school has ever heard of,” Jonghyun says.

“And I don’t understand why,” I mutter as I look around for Nicole and Changmin. I hope they don’t spot us. Then again, they may have a class now and the cafeteria is pretty big, who knows if they’ll see us or not.

“Onew, you’re the leader of SHINee, the group of the best looking guys in school,” Jonghyun says in a matter of fact way. “Everyone would be shocked that you’re married and expecting a child.”

“Some say that that’s why you’re best friends with noona,” Taemin interrupts Jonghyun.

“Why?” I ask.

“Because you guys are married,” he tells me as he takes some bites of his food.

“Right,” I say as I look down at my chicken before taking another big bite out of it. I don’t feel like thinking about Christy or Nicole or Raina right now. I just want everything to go back to normal, before I married Christy and before I got her pregnant, but I know that I can’t. This is the reality that I’m living in and this is my future.

“Everyone hide,” Key mutters as he keeps his head down as he continues eating. Right away we all get the gist that he probably saw Nicole. Key can spot Nicole anywhere a mile away to keep away from her. It’s like he has this special Nicole radar. I guess he’s just that annoyed by her.

“Hey guys,” a voice says as I hear a tray being placed onto the table. The voice belongs to Changmin and we all know that Nicole is probably following right behind.

“Oppa,” Nicole’s voice rings. All of us internally groan as we sit up and put on our best smiles. “Hey guys.”

“Um…hey,” we all awkwardly greet.

“Where were you this morning?” I ask him. Changmin just stares at me and it feels like we’re having a staring contest. There’s only one explanation for that and it means that he was probably at the house visiting Christy. I don’t say anything about it since I know that the rest of them could get very worked up about it. “Never mind,” I say sighing. “Why should I care where you were?”

“It’s alright,” Changmin says.

“Yeah,” I mutter.

“So, I hear your marriage and pregnancy is all around the school now thanks to a certain someone,” he says staring at Nicole.

“It’s not my fault,” she says putting her hand on her chest. “Well, maybe it is.”

“That’s alright,” I tell them. “I know that she didn’t mean any harm, I just didn’t know that the student body would make this big of a reaction out of it.”

“Onew, do you want to do something after school?” Minho asks. “We could play soccer or something.”

“Nah, I’ll pass. I should get home today.” Out of the corner of my eye, I see Key nod his head with a smirk. Why is he smirking? “Yeah, I think that Christy has a doctor’s appointment today,” I lie. “I would like to go with her to the doctor’s appointment.”

I look at Changmin as I say those words and it doesn’t look like he’s mad at all, he probably believes the lie, but I’m not going to let him get closer to Christy any more. From this point forward, I’m going to work harder. I’m going to make sure that Christy stays by my side and loves me back no matter how long it takes.

 

Christy’s POV

I sit at home and wait for someone to come through the door. At least someone should come back once their classes are over. It might not be Onew or the rest of the SHINee members and it might be Raina, but I have a feeling that someone will come.

The moment the door opens, I hop out of my seat to see who it is. “Onew?” I ask as I watch him stumble through the doorway with his crutches. “Why are you home now?”

“Why can’t I be?” he asks looking at me. “I wanted to see you.”

“You wanted to see me?” I ask. My heart starts to feel weird at his words.

“Why wouldn’t I want to see you?” he asks walking over to me and hugging me. “You’re my wife and I love you.”

“Again with those words,” I mutter as I just stand there.

“Those words are true, though,” he says pulling away from the hug and looking at me.

“Hey, I made some desserts this afternoon; do you want to see them?” I ask.

“Sure,” he says with a smile. I start to walk away when I feel Onew grab my hand. “What are you doing?” I ask as I turn around and stare at our now intertwined fingers.

“I’m holding your hand, can’t I? Let me hold your hand at least to the kitchen,” he pleads with me.

“Fine,” I sigh in defeat. “Just until the kitchen.”

“Whoa, did you make all of these?” Onew asks as he looks at the desserts that’s spread out on the counter. There are at least two different types of cakes there and a gazillion cupcakes. “You had the time to make all of these?”

“In reality, it doesn’t even really take that long. You  just have to have patience, something that you seem to lack sometimes,” I joke.

“Yeah, well, it’s no joke when it comes to food.”

I nod my head in agreement as Onew and I sit at the counter where the desserts are. “Go ahead, eat,” I say pushing some towards him.

“Okay, I’ll try some.” I watch him as he carefully takes a bite of a cupcake and his face immediately changes.

“Is it not good?” I ask.

“It’s delicious,” he says as his face breaks out into a big smile. “I never knew that you were this good of a cook. I’m glad that I married such a person. I love you.”

“Onew,” I say thinking to earlier and what his mother said. Onew looks up from the cupcake that he’s eating and stares at me. “What would you think about taking care of a child?”

“I thought we were already going to do that,” he says motioning towards my stomach.

“Well, yeah, but apparently your cousin is coming to stay with your mother. I ran into her at the grocery store today and she asked me if we wanted to watch over him to get experience watching over a child,” I explain to him. I watch Onew as he digests all of the information. “So, do you want to do it?”

“Do you want to do it?” he asks me back.

“I…I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “I mean, I would have to walk him to school and such every day since he’s five. Basically, we’re being parents to him.”

“It never hurts to attempt,” Onew says thinking about it. “I mean…we have a big support group around us that would help with him.”

“We do,” I say nodding my head in agreement. “I have to call your mom with an answer since he’s coming tomorrow. What do you say?” I ask him one again.

 

Onew’s POV

I can’t believe I’m doing this. I can’t believe that I didn’t go to class today so I could be here. I can’t believe that I agreed to watch my five-year-old cousin while his mother, my aunt, goes overseas for something. We don’t even know how long my aunt will be overseas for anyway.

“Are you nervous?” Christy asks me while we’re sitting at my house, or rather my old house.

“A little.” I can’t deny the fact that I’m nervous about seeing him. The only time that I saw him before was when he was just a baby. After that, I didn’t see him that often so I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even remember me. Why would he? He’s five years old.

“Oh, I think they’re here,” Mom says as she goes over to the door and opens it wide. “Long time no see,” she immediately announces.

Immediately, Christy and I get up to greet her. Even if they did come to our wedding, it feels like forever since I last saw her. “Hello,” I say going up to her.

“Hello,” she says greeting us both back. I see Inguk hide behind his mother’s legs. He must not be used to strangers. “Christy, I see that you’re starting to show.”

“Ah, yes,” she shyly says. “Is this Inguk?”

“Yup, this is,” my aunt says as she pats Inguk on the head and causes him to come out behind her legs as she comforts him by rubbing him on the back. “Inguk, say hello to Christy and Jinki. They’ll be taking care of you while Mommy is gone.”

“Hello,” Christy says as she kneels down on the ground to get eye level with him. “My name is Christy.” Inguk doesn’t say anything and simply stares at her.

“He’s just shy,” my aunt explains. “I’m sure he’ll warm up to you.”

For the next hour before my aunt has to be at the airport for her flight, she goes over the lists of things that she’s made about Inguk. There are things from the foods that he likes and doesn’t like to the toys he likes and doesn’t like along with a rough outline of his daily schedule.

“Okay, now Mommy has  to say goodbye, Ingukkie,” my aunt says as she goes to the door.

“No,” Inguk says as he starts to cry.

“Mommy will be back. I’ll call you when I arrive,” she explains. “Bye, bye.”

With that, she waves to Inguk who is now standing at the door watching as her car leaves. I feel slightly bad for him since he just saw his mom leave right before his eyes. He probably knows that his mom has to go to work, but probably doesn’t understand that she’s going overseas for work and won’t be back for a while.

“Inguk,” Christy says as she attempts to have him warm up to her. “How about Onew and I take you out for ice cream, does that sound like a good idea?”

“Yeah, let’s go out,” I say as I grab his jacket off of the couch. Somehow, I feel like this is going to be quite the adventure. How in the world did I ever agree to do this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen with the addition of Inguk? Are Christy and Onew capable of raising a child? How will Christy and Onew's relationship progress? What will happen now that the whole school knows about Onew and Christy's pregnancy and marriage? What will Changmin do to win Christy's heart? What will Onew do to win Christy's heart? Will Raina attempt to get Onew back?

 

Here is Chapter 22. Hope you enjoyed :D

And having a boy is still in the lead. Name suggestions are still open and so is the voting (I put the poll in this chapter).

The name suggestions are listed below :)

Boys: Yoogeun, Onew Jr./Jinki Jr., Jinyoung, Junki

Girls: Eunsook, Minjin, Minji (Minzy), Yunhi