Flipped Coin-1. Sinking but still floating

The Lighthouse

 

Flipped Coin-1. Sinking but still floating

Taeyeon

 

‘Why did you do that? Can you stop jabbing people as you please? I doubt she even know what sort of a boarding school this place is.’ She lay in my arm as I watched her finally rest in my arms. ‘She needed rest. You’ve been here long enough to deduce that. Have you figured out the latest rubric cube Uncle wishes for you to solve? If you did then that will be so boring.’ I glared at her. 

 

‘She isn’t a cube. She is a freaking human being. Couldn’t you warn people before hurting them?’ She bounced about the spot, acting to be considering my suggestion. ‘Aish whats the point of saying don’t be scared while I inject you when she obviously is going to be. Just pak pak and its done.’ I give up. 

 

I looked down at Jessica and carefully rest her on the bed. Now to continue our conversation about Sunny’s irresponsible again. I was about to be have a serious conversation with her. Yet she takes out her papers to read causing me to blow my top. I mean seriously can she not be so calm after jabbing someone against her will. ‘YAH! Can you not just take a sit there like this is normal?! Like all of these is normal. CAUSE WE AREN”T!’ 

 

She peeps up from her papers. ‘I see you are still not accepting that we all have our flaws.’ Once finished, she went back to reading her scrips. ‘Taeng until you accept that you have no way of preventing your parents from lying about your sister’s adoption. Plus there was no way that you could have controlled the events of everyones’ life. Then maybe, just maybe you’ll be free from me.’ Turning away from her, I refuse to hear our repetitive sessions. 

 

‘You and her are similar, you know. Drowning yourself in unnecessary blame yet at the same time trying to stay afloat. Just slightly above everyone else’s minimum expectations. Maybe that is why Uncle had placed the two of you in Pyxis.’ Speaking about Mr Lee, what is he up to again? Why was I shifted from carnelian to this room with her? Carnelian shows that he knew I had unfinished business. But I ran here. Ran all the way to this place. Had he finally recognized that I wasn’t going to tidy the loose ends? 

 

‘I hate you.’  She giggled and went over to pinched my cheeks.  ‘YAH!’ She smiled sweetly at me. ‘I know you don’t.’ I rolled my eyes at her. ‘Taeng help her. Let her help you too.’ I looked down at her again.  ‘Taeng help her find a voice. Help her see that there is someone who is willing to listen.’ 

 

I brush aside the untidy strand. How does one spoilt person help the other? ‘Taengoo ah. You worry too much.’ I look up at her. ‘And you worry too little.’ She brushed it off with a carefree laughter. ‘I have the right to live my life anyway I please.’ She smiled brightly at me. ‘You are as smart as can be but a total whack job with your medical procedure. If you weren’t that insane with the medical procedures then you would be out in the world. The real world.’ 

 

She shrugged her shoulders. ‘Well you never know. I enjoy the rush of this tight rope we’re on. It is simply too enticing than the SOP of the outside world.’ Sunny can really prove why she is still here. She would be the only fool twirling and dancing on this fine line we all walk on. ‘Embrace yourself Taeng. Fell the whole package and embrace it. I’m going up to sleep. You may stay if you want. Just don’t do anything naughty.’ I glared at her. ‘Ooo feisty.’ With a free hand I took the pillow and miss threw it at her face. 

 

‘Night Ms Kim Taeyeon.’ Then her feet brought her to the safety of the upper tier of the room. ‘Night.’ I looked down at the sleeping beauty. Her face relaxed like she was finally enjoying her sleep. Unlike the other night, where her face showed great discomfort. Her whole body in perspiration. What is it that caused that look? Who are you and why am I still here? Why am I keeping my word to this girl when I couldn’t even do that for my own sister?