Episode 5: What She Did To Him

My Brother Is The Prince?!

Episode 5: What She Did To Him

“Seonho! You’re here! Come inside!” said Song Hyun as she let her best friend inside.

“Gomawo Song Hyun but, is it really okay?”

“Of course! So, did you just arrive?”

“Yeah I did. I already said hi to your brother and his friends. I can’t believe the Crown Prince is here!”

“Hahaha! Well, it’s the first time they’ve seen you so be careful okay!”

“Sure! Oh, by the way, how did the ceremony go?”

“The same every year.  Same old faces, same old atmosphere and same old feelings. But still it’s a very sad event I mean up to now, the missing Prince Tae Hoon still hasn’t been found yet so, it’s very sad indeed.”

“Yeah it is. I wonder where is he? Could he be still here in Korea? Or he’s really in another country?”

“Who knows. The kidnappers who ambushed the Imperial Family that day were all killed before they even went to the court!”

What she said was true. After the kidnappers were all rounded up, they were first locked up in the country’s highest ranking jail but then, since the next day they were all to be sent into court for their trial, a group of armed men attacked the prison and killed all of them. Now, the only thing that the authorities and the entire world knows is that the kidnapper of Imperial Prince Tae Hoon hasn’t been caught yet and it’s unknown if he really did bring the baby Prince out of the country or if he’s still here in Korea. As the days went by and no evidences or leads showed up, the entire Imperial Family as well as the nation all sunk down into despair but none more so than the Empress. Because of that, she became ill which ultimately led to her death two years after her son went missing.

“I’m going to work now okay?”

“Let me give you a hand then! There’s nothing to do here anyway!”

When they went out of the room, Dong Wook was just about to enter the room.

“Oppa, what’s the matter?” she asked.

“Seonho, please make four iced teas for my friends.”

“Got it! Oh what about you?”

“I’m okay. Please take care of it then.”

“Sure!”

The two best friends then quickly went into work mode and started making four iced teas and eventually, they were able to make all four of them.

“Song Hyun, could you please hand Hyo Eun a glass of water?” asked Dong Wook.

“Okay!” she answered.

“Hey, Song Hyun, is she still hurting you?” asked Seonho.

“Who? Hyo Eun? Well, a little but, it’s nothing to be worried about.”

“Fine but tell me if she do something bad to you okay?”

“Araseo!”

She then goes to put some water in a glass and then serves it to Hyo Eun. As soon as she was gone, Hyo Eun puts her plan into action. She sees an interesting portrait behind her friends.

“Hey guys, check that portrait out! I’ve never seen something as beautiful like that before!”

As she thought, the others looked at the portrait behind them.  As they were looking, she quickly grabs the glass of water she asked for and spills half of it on the floor. Now, when something clear as water is spilled on that kind of floor, from afar, it’s not that visible because it somehow blends in.

“Seonho, can you serve those four iced teas at once?” asked Song Hyun.

“Why of course! No problem!”

“Okay then! Be careful!”

He then proceeds to serve the four iced teas to Dong Wook’s friends.

“Yah! Hyo Eun! We’ve seen that portrait already!” said Jeong Hoon.

“Yeah! It’s been there from the very start!” said Seung Ryong.

“Really? I guess it’s my first time seeing it then!” replied Hyo Eun.

“Oh! Here comes our order! Seonho! Do you need any help with that?” asked Joon Se.

“Oh no need! I’ve done this before already!”

“Yes, come closer.” said Hyo Eun in her mind.

“As soon as Seonho steps on the puddle of water Hyo Eun spilled on the floor earlier, he quickly loses his balance and slips causing him to fall onto the floor but luckily on his back. Unfortunately, the drinks landed on his face and body making him wet while the 4 glass containers shatters. This prompted everyone in the room to stand up and made Song Hyun and Dong Wook come out as well.

“What happened here?!” asked Dong Wook.

“This careless employee of yours slipped without noticing that puddle of water on the floor.” answered Hyo Eun as she puts her hands on her waist.

“What puddle of water?!” asked everyone. She pointed at the one Seonho slipped on.

“Hey Hyo Eun! That wasn’t there before!” said Song Hyun.

“Well then explain it to me how it got there!”

“For starters, I should’ve also slipped or felt that when I served the glass of water to you a while ago!”

“You know what guys, Song Hyun’s right!” said Seung Ryong.
As they were all talking, Dong Wook was helping Seonho stand up.

“Are you okay Dong-saeng?”

“Neh. Gomawo Hyung.”

“Are you sure? No wounds, cuts or anything?”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. My head’s a little sore but I’m fine.”

“Can you get up?”

“Yeah, sure.”

When he was now able to stand up, he looks at Dong Wook and says: “I’m going to clean and change (looks at the others this time); Mianhae everyone for what happened, I’ll just make another four more iced teas again.” He bows his head but before he could leave, his Hyung stopped him while facing Hyo Eun.

“Hyo Eun, why did you…”

“He was interrupted by his younger sister’s move who was so mad at what happened that she quickly grabbed the galss of water she served to Hyo Eun a while ago and she threw/spilled it on her!

“Yah! Dong Wook! Guys! Joon Se! Look at what she did to me! I’m soaking wet!”

The others couldn’t resist laughing but they kept it in a minimal way.

“You deserved that! Why did you do that to Seonho?! What did he do to you?! Answer me!” Song Hyun asked her very angrily.

“Yah! Hyo Eun, before you pointed at the portrait behind us, the glass of water that you ordered was still full but when we turned around again, it was already half of its original volume!” said Seung Ryong.

“Hyo Eun, what you did was embarrassing, for you that is. If this gets out, it surely will smear the reputation of your family and your family’s company!” said Joon Se. Hyo Eun could sense that everyone wasn’t on her side.

“Yah! Ahjuma! Apologize to Seonho right now!” demanded Jeong Hoon.

“No really you guys! It’s my fault so…” Seonho was interrupted by his best friend.

“No Seonho! Jeong Hoon Oppa is right! Halmunee! Apologize to my best friend!” shouted Song Hyun.

“Stop calling me that! Yah! I’m not old! Fine! Seonho, I’m sorry for what I did! Happy?!”

“Uh… um, I’m just going to make four more iced teas then. Please excuse me…”

“No Dong-saeng. You won’t be doing that. After this, go and get changed. You and Song Hyun are to go out and enjoy the rest of the day. Call your other friends to come.” Dong Wook said while facing his Seonho.

“I’ll call Hae-young then and tell him to call Mu-ryong and Hye Mi to come too.” said Seung Ryong.

“But…”

“No buts my dear best friend! Come on! Get changed now!” said Song Hyun as she pushed Seonho towards the locker room.

“O… okay then…”