Episode 39: A Family Reunion

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 39: A Family Reunion

“So what now?!” asked Mu-Ryong while he was facing his sister HyeMi.

“I don’t know! Why are you asking me that?!” she said.

“I can’t believe it!  So this is what the North has been planning all along!” said Tae Hoon.

“Tae Hoon, what’s the next step then?” asked SongHyun.

“Hahahaha! Now that it has come to this, Prince Dong Hwan, I would like to thank you for your cooperation in bringing about the reunification of this country! Hahahaha!

“You fiend! You used me! And in turn, I… I fooled my own country!” shouted Prince Dong Hwan.

“Not to mention you fooled your family and your own self! My dear Prince, This entire peninsula belongs to my government and nobody else! You scheming capitalists and fascists are the reason for the tainting of this land’s purity!”

“Oh, so now you’re a philosopher. WOW!” said Dong Wook which caused the others to laugh and, for them to be discovered!

“What the- So, the once missing Prince and his friends are here eh? Seize them and tie them up tightly!” ordered Kim Jong-un. Tae Hoon’s friends tried to escape but they weren’t able to do so since every exit were guarded.

The North Korean guards then rounded up Tae Hoon and his friends, tied them up and brought them towards Prince Dong Hwan.

“My dear nephew… I am sorry…” said Prince Dong Hwan.

“Uncle…” said Tae Hoon as he looked as his uncle’s weary face.

“Hey, it is your fault that all of this happened so it’s only right that you apologize!” said Seung Ryong.

“Yah! Watch your mouth Oppa!” said HyeMi.

“No… he’s right my dear. Everything that has happened, i-it’s all my fault. I never knew nor anticipated that something like this might happen!”

“Um uh, I hate to break this situation but, in case you haven’t noticed, we’re still tied up and that probably by now, the North Korean army is overrunning large parts of our northern provinces!” said Hae-young.

“Kim Jong-un! Release us at once! Are you forgetting that with all of this happening now, our allies, especially the US and the Un won’t let this happen!”

“I know, that’s why I have a trump card up my sleeve.”

“M-mwo? What do you mean?”

“Guards, bring him here!”

“Who are you bringing in?” asked Tae Hoon.

“Someone your uncle knows very well.” said Kim Jong-un with an evil smile.

The guards left the room for a while then came back again with someone whose head was covered with a sack with two holes.

“Remove the sack. Let his identity be revealed!” The guards obeyed and removed the sack covering the stranger’s head. Once his face was revealed, everyone thought it was someone they knew but, he was a complete stranger.

“And who might that be?” asked SongHyun.

“As I said a while ago, it’s someone that Prince Dong Hwan here knows very well.” said Kim Jong-un.

The moment the the stranger was able to open his eyes, the first person that he saw was Prince Dong Hwan.

“…Abeoji… Abeoji!... ABEOJI!!!” shouted the stranger towards Prince Dong Hwan.

“Abeoji? Why is he shouting that? Is his father here?” asked Mu-Ryong. They all looked around to see if anyone was there, all except for Prince Dong Hwan who was looking straight at the strange man before them.

“Abeoji! It’s me! Your son! Dae-sun! Yi Dae-sun!” shouted the young man which surprised everyone especially the Prince whose eyes widened after hearing the name of the young man.

“Well Prince Dong Hwan? Do you recognize this young man here?” asked the smirking North Korean leader.

“What is he saying uncle? Do-do you know who that guy is?” asked Tae Hoon.

Nearby, some eyes were watching the scene inside the hall. “No… it can’t be!”

“N-neh, I do know him. He… He’s mine and Princess Che-Rin’s s… son…

Grand Prince Yi Dae-sun… yo-your cousin…”

It took a while before what he said sunk onto everyone else’s minds.

“WHAT?!!!”

“But how can that be?! Prince Dae-sun is…” HyeMi was cut short by Kim Jong-un.

“Dead. Well, he’s not. As you can see, he’s alive. Care for a little story everyone?” said Kim Jong-un.

“Ho-how?! I thought he died?... YOUR FATHER KILLED HIM!” shouted the Prince.

“Then, do you want to know the truth?”

“The truth?”

“Aigoo! This is all so confusing!” shouted Mu-Ryong.

“Fine, let us hear it then, tell us the truth but first, please, le-let… me… hold… my son…” Everyone saw tears slid down from the Prince’s eyes.

Kim Jong-un then orders his guards to release Grand Prince Dae-sun allowing him to run into his father’s open arms to which Prince Dong Hwan tightly hugs him. At the same time, one of the doors opens to reveal Princess Che-Rin, JoonSe and the others. The Princess runs towards her husband and son and joins them, hugging each other. JoonSe’s group were then cornered by North Korean guards, were tied up and was put beside Tae Hoon’s group.

“Dongsaeng? Are you okay? Is anybody hurt?” asked JoonSe.

“Neh. No one’s hurt Hyung so don’t worry.” answered Tae Hoon while looking at the three figures hugging each other.

“So I guess that’s our cousin Dae-sun then, eh?” asked JoonSe.

“Neh! He is… wait, you guys were behind that door the whole time?!”

“Ani, we just came a few minutes ago you see. Anyway, as you can see, HyoEun has been reunited with her parents…”

“Now enough of this lovey-dovey scene! It’s time to hear a little story… a story that will rock the foundations of this FAMILY…

Unknown to everyone, the Imperial Guard who was requested to radio Emperor Gojo is still transmitting to the Emperor through radio everything that was happening.

“My nephew, Dae-sun is still alive? So, we were all fooled then…”