Episode 34: The Move To Pyeongchang

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 34: The Move To Pyeongchang

In the early mrning hours of the next day, they all left Jeju Island on the Kang Family’s private plane (it’s a small plane so it has to go back and forth).

It was about 6AM when they were all at the Jang Family Villa in Pyeongchang. Fortunately, the villa has food so they didn’t starve. In order to make sure they really are safe, Ms. Jang and Prime Mnister Jin travelled to the city hall in disguise so that they could talk with the mayor who was Ms. Jang’s close friend. They talked about not letting anyone pass or even get near the villa to whih the mayor agreed.

10 AM.

“Everyone! Turn on the TV! The coronation is starting!”

They all immediately went to the living room and the TV.

It showed Gyeongbok Palace with a lot of people inside its grounds. The entire government was there, ambassadors, foreign dignitaries, celebrities, important people, etc. And of course, the new Emperor Dong Hwan. He was dressed in what used to be Emperor Gojo’s clothes (mind you, Emperor Gojo is wearing some formal clothes when he fled). As the ceremony starts, everyone in the room is thinking of the same thing.

“I’m sure that everyone there is asking where the two of us are right Dong-saeng?” said JoonSe.

“Yeah. I can’t believe they all fell for our uncle’s lie!”

After some rituals, procedures, Prince Yi Dong Hwan younger brother of former Emperor (to them) Yi Gojo is now crowned as His Imperial Majesty Yi Dong Hwan. Everyone in the crowd stood up and bowed as a sign of respect then they all gave him a round of applause.

“Yah! Everyone! Don’t clap for him!” shouted Prime Minister Jin.

It was now time for the new emperor’s speech. He talked about a lot of thins but, the last thing was what surprised not only the entire South Korea but the whole world!

“I, Emperor Yi Dong Hwan would like to pledge my support on the creation of the Federal Republic of Korea thereby unifying us here in the South with our brothers and sisters up in the North.”

Everyone’s mouth was wide open!

He explained that the day he succeeded his brother (or rather took the throne from his brother!), he sent an emissary to the North about that plan proposed by their late leader. Kim Jong-Il (which of course was a lie because it had been done already years ago!). Another surprise was that he told everyone that today would be the start of the talks!

“I am sure that the United Nations would have a say first!” said Prime Mnister Jin.

“The US, Russia, China and Japan’s opinions would have to be heard first! Their opinions are very important before this happens!”

After the ceremony, many events, things… and conversations happened.

First, the UN General Assembly had an emergency meeting regarding what the new Korean Emperor have just said.

Second, the talks between the North and South did happen. But of course, those who are present I the talks have been handpicked by both governments. As a result, what only transpired during the talks was the finalization of their plans.

Back at the Jang Villa…

“If their plan succeeds, I’m sure they would open both countries to each other.” said Emperor Gojo.

“And that is bad right Ahpah?” asked JoonSe.

“Yes my son. Who knows what the North is thinking. They might be planning something bad.”

“Don’t forget uncle Dong Hwan! He might be also thinking the same stuff!” said Tae Hoon.

That afternoon…

“Absoultely not Your Highness!” It was Ms. Song!

“But we’ll be back! We’ll only be out for a short while!” said Tae Hoon.

Apparently, he and SongHyun asked Ms. Song if they could go into the city proper for a while to buy something to drink because, the villa, although it has food, has nothing, even water to drink.

“We haven’t been here for a long time you see! Eheheh!” said Sun Joon.

Tae Hoon and SongHyun kept on pleading Ms. Song to let them go until…

“Araseo! Aish! BUT! Guards would follow you! Got it!? And also, you two would be in heavy disguise!”

The two had no choice but to accept her condition.

(By the way, to those who are wondering, Mr. and Mrs. Kang as well as the parents of JoonSe and Tae Hoon’s friends are all back in Seoul so that they wouldn’t be suspected of being gone.)

The two best friends and their two guards went to the city. After buying some of the stuff they need, they agreed to go back to the villa but then, as they were walking, a nearby store suddenly announced that they would be having a huge sale! So of course, people flocked into the store! Tae Hoon, SongHyun and their two guards all got separated from each other due to the widening crowd because they were caught in the middle of it!

“Tae Hoon!”

“SongHyun!”

The two guards couldn’t shout their names especially Prince Tae Hoon’s because doing so would lead into the crowd widening even more!

Eventually, Tae Hoon and SongHyun decided to go into the crowd in hopes of finding the other. After just a few minutes, they finally found each other at the center of the crowd!

“Aigoo! Yah, where’s our guards?” asked Tae Hoon.

“Morugessoyo. How about we go back ourselves? It’s getting dark already.” said SongHyun.

“Are you sure? They would be looking for us.”

“I know! YAH! OUR TWO GUARDS! WE’LL BE GOING BACK NOW!”

“SongHyun!” said Tae Hoon.

“Let’s go!”

After making it out of the crowd, they retraced their steps back into the villa only to find themselves lost in the woods leading to the villa.

“I guess we should’ve waited for the guards then huh? Hehehe… Mainhaeyo, Tae Hoon.” said SongHyun.

“It’s okay SongHyun. Let’s continue walking.”

Night arrived and so, the place got colder and colder and as the night went deeper, the two got tired.

“Why don’t we rest and sleep here for a while? I’m really tired and I’m sure you are as well.” said Tae Hoon.

“Araseo.”

Back at the villa…

“SEARCH FOR TAE HOON AND SONGHYUN! I’M SURE THEY ARE JUST LOST IN THE WOODS! WE’LL FIND THEM!” shouted Emperor Gojo!

JoonSe and everyone else all tropped out of the villa and started searching for the two.

Tae Hoon and SongHyun found a good tree to sit underneath it. As soon as they both sat down, they quickly fell asleep but, SongHyun’s head fell on Tae Hoon’s left shoulder thereby waking him up a little.

“SongHyun…” As he looked at him, he could see how really tired his best friend was and also, how beautiful she was! He also hung around his left arm at SongHyun’s back. He was starting to blush but! He fell back to sleep but this time his head fell on her head!

The next day…

“What do we have here? Hahaha!”

“Ha?” As Tae Hoon and SongHyun started waking up, they saw around them everyone who was looking for them!

“Hahaha! Tae Hoon and SongHyun sitting under the tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” shouted Mu-Ryong!

“Hahaha! You two look so good together!” said HyeJung.

“Your Highness, she is a good choice!” said Commander Im.

“My son, you’re going red! As well as you are SongHyun my dear! Hahahaha!” laughed Emperor Gojo.

Tae Hoon and SongHyun both looked at each other and then back to to the others and: “YAH! WE’RE JUST BEST FRIENDS!”