Episode 33: The Two Brothers' Dilemmas

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 33: The Two Brothers’ Dilemmas

Then, Mr. Kwon and Ms. Song interrupt the group with something bad.

“Everyone! You must turn on the television now! A breaking news is being broadcasted right now!”

So, since he was nearest to the remote control, Jeong Hoon snatched it from the table and quickly the television!

This just in, His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Yi Gojo has now stepped down from the throne. He is to be succeeded not by his son, Crown Prince Yi JoonSe but, by his brother, Prince Yi Dong Hwan. Also, with the former Emperor stepping down from the throne, it has been said that Prime Minister Jin Jung Wan and his government has been dismissed by the new Emperor. A new Prime Minister and government have now been called. Let’s go live now to the press conference happening right now at the Changdeokgung Palace for more information.

(goes to the press conference)

The press conference was being held by none other than the new Prime Minister himself, Mr. Choi.

“Prime Minister Choi, what is the reason why Emperor Gojo stepped down from the throne?” asked one reporter.

“His Former Majesty Emperor Gojo stepped down from the throne because of health issues. He is currently in his room here at Changdeokgung Palace. He is being attended to by his sons and servants. Therefore, due to Crown Prince JoonSe still at a young age, he declared that his brother, Prince Dong Hwan succeed him as Emperor of Korea.”

“When will be Prince Dong Hwan’s coronation then?”

“It will be held tomorrow at Gyeongbok Palace.”

“Prime Minister Choi, what led to Prime Minister Jin and his government’s dismissal?” asked another reporter.

“Well, His Majesty wants a competent Prime Minister and government that’s why he dismissed Prime Minister Jin and his government. And also, His Majesty has allowed me to do this: I, Prime Minister Choi hereby declare martial law over the entire country!”

“WHAT?!!!”

“But why?!”

“All media are to be controlled temporarily by the government. This press conference is finished!”

His men, or should I say, the Imperial Guards starts forcing the media out of the Palace and forcing them to leave. Everywhere throughout the country, the military and the Imperial Guards arrives at media stations and takes over it. K-Pop Concerts are cancelled (T_T), all newspaper publishers are also controlled by the government.

Somewhere nearby, Prince Dong Hwan was watching the events as they unfold.

“Do not worry everyone. This will only be for this week. After that, a new Korea shall be born.”

Back at Jeju…

“This can’t be happening!” shouted Mr. Kang.

“Wait! What Mr. CHoi said was a lie right? His Majesty Emperor Gojo is here with us. Then how come none of the palace servants or guards whp were left there aren’t saying anything to the media?!” What Prime Minister Jin said surprised everyone!

“I’m pretty sure Dong Hwan is using his men to shut everyone up. I’m also talking about your families Prime Minister Jin as well as Commander Im and Director Ryu. They are all in trouble.” said Emperor Gojo.

“With the declaration of martial law, it’s possible we’re not safe here anymore right?” asked Tae Hoon.

“Yes Your Highness. That is a possibility.” answered Director Ryu.

“Guys! Look! Another breaking news!”

Another round of dismissals has been reported. We have just received confirmation that Commander Im of the Imperial Guards and Director Ryu of the KCIA has been dismissed by Prime Minister Choi. The members of the Imperial Council are now being replaced by new members. One of their members, Ms. Jang Hae Sook and her son, Jang Sun Joon together with Commander Im and Director Ryu are belived to be all missing right now… Hang on… and to add to that, former Prime Minister Jin Jung Wan is also reported missing at the current moment. We will bring you more on this when we get back from a short break.”

“So, we’re fugitives then huh?” said Commander Im.

“What about school then?” asked HyeMi.

“Well, they would understand… for me, Tae Hoon and also Sun Joon but for you guys… I’m sure that they would wonder why all of you are absent!” said JoonSe.

“And if they started wondering where we are, I’m sure they will figure out that we’re also with you Tae Hoon!” said Hae-young.

“That is bad!”

“We can’t do anything about it. Thinking about school at this time is certainly not our main problem. Our real problem is determining if we are still safe here… Oh! How about this one! We can go to my family’s villa at Pyeongchang! It’s at the mountains so, I guess we won’t be discovered there!” said Ms. Jang which surprised everyone!

“Oh! Oemma! You mean the one with a secret tunnel beneath it leading to the coast?!” exclaimed Sun Joon.

“Sun Joon! How did you know about that?!”

“Ahpah took me there a year before he died!”

“Aigoo! You really resemble your father!”

“Are you sure Ms. Jang that it is safe?” asked Mrs. Kim.

“Why of course! Only our family knows the way there you know! Well, the mayor also knows but, she’s a friend of mine so, I guess we would be safe there! Your Majesty, what do you think?”

“It is a good idea and I approve of it but, how will we get there?”

“You could all go in disguise. My family I guess would be safe because I’m pretty sure that right now, a lot of people are starting to wonder where your families are.” said Mr. Kang.

“Also, we have a villa at Pyeongchang too! Although it’s in a suburb.” said HyoEun.

“That settles it then! We will be going at the Jang villa at Pyeongchang! Mr. Kang, please arrange everything for tomorrow, we would all be leaving.” said Prime Minister Jin.

That night…

“Where the heck is Tae Hoon? Tae Hoon! Tae Hoon!”

Finally, SongHyun saw Tae Hoon sitting at a bench in the garden but, when she approached him,  she saw he was sleeping.”

“Tae Hoon…” So, she sat beside him and let his head rest over her shoulder.

“Tae Hoon, it’s been a while since we’ve been truly alone right? Hahaha… (weak laugh) My best friend, Prince Tae Hoon, I’ve been meaning to say something to to you… I… I…” Buthe suddenly wakes up!

“Oh! Um, Tae Hoon!” He yawns and then sits up straight. He was surprised to see SongHyun beside him.

“SongHyun! (looks at his watch) Woah! It’s late already! Were you looking for me?”

“Ah yeah. JoonSe noticed that you’re not in your room. He was going tot take a bath so he asled me to look for you.”

“Oh I see…”

“Yah, what’s the matter? You look like you’re thinking something deep.”

“It’s nothing…”

“Yah! Tae Hoon! We’re best friends! TELL ME.”

“Araseo! (sighs) Well, I was just thinking about what’s going to happen next. What uncle did really surprised me I mean, for me back then, he was this man of principle and courage but then, he was really hiding a dark secret all this time. I really feel bad for my father. Without our mother beside him, JoonSe and I, and I guess also Princess Che-Rin are the only family he can depend on for strength. Also…”

“Also what?”

“I’ve been thinking if I really brought happiness to my real family. I can’t help bu think that, with me returning, uncle did all of these…”

“Yah! Don’t say that again! Of course you brought happiness to your family! They are your real family right?! Actually, you brought it back to them! JoonSe’s relationship with your father, Emperor Gojo has improved considerably! Back then, I always hear from Dong Wook Oppa how JoonSe and the Emperor would always argue in front of them! Not to mention the crazy running plans they always develop! Tae Hoon or SeonHo, I don’t care. You’re still the same person whom I befriended all those years ago. You’ve always brought smiles to everyone around you. I was really quite surprised myself that you were able to change HyoEun’s attitude towards you!”

“SongHyun… Oh! What were you going to tell me before I woke up?”

SongHyun was stunned! She thought he was sleeping! “Ah… ah…”

“Hey, are you alright? What were you about to tell me?”

“Ah… Um…! That it’s too dark here outside! Let’s go inside! Come on! It’s getting cold!”

“A-araseo…” SongHyun walked before her best friend with a distressed face!

Meanwhile, on the terrace…

“Oppa!”

“Oh! It’s you HyoEun.”

“JoonSe, what are you doing out here?” asked HyoEun.

“Well, I was about take a bath when I found myself thinking about something.”

“And what is it about?”

“It’s kinda embarrassing…”

Yah! JoonSe! We’ve been friends for a long time now! We’re best friends right? Tell me.”

“Araseo. I-I’ve been thinking on how to become a better older brother to Tae Hoon.”

“Wae? Why are you thinking that? You are a good brother to him.”

“I know but, I want to improve myself. I want to see him smiling and happy always. I don’t want to lose him again.”

“You must really love and care for him, don’t you?”

“Neh. After growing up for a long time without him by my side and without me by his side, I guess it might have been difficult for him too. Well, it was really difficult for me. Growing with the knowledge that you have a younger brother which is missing was really hard but…”

“But, he’s finally here with you right now by your side. I see now. Just continue on what you are doing right now. I can really see that he’s prud and happy to have you as his older brother!”

“Is that true HyoEun?”

“Why of course! All of our friends are witnesses! Ever since that day you asked him to be your imaginary or pretend younger brother, we all saw how the bond between the two of you really pulled the two of you together! Honestly, I’m jealous of you! At least you have a younger sibling or a sibling.”

“Hahaha! Then ask your parents to do something!”

“As if! Hahaha!”

“Thanks for your help HyoEun. I really appreciate it. Let’s go inside now before we catch a cold.”