Episode 30: The Unexpected Betrayal

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 30: The Unexpected Betrayal

Later that afternoon…

“Do not worry too much on that small mishap. It doesn’t matter if that couple managed to live. What should concern us both is that we need to act now if we are to rule this peninsula together! With me ruling the North and you ruling there in the South! The Federal Republic of Korea must be established no matter what happens! It’s time for Phase 3 of our plan! One of the most important phases of our plan! It’s time for you to take hold of the South! I wish you the best of luck!”

(For those of you who don’t know, the Federal Republic of Korea was proposed by Kim Jong-il of North Korea wherein each of the political systems of both Koreas would remain… in other words, they are only unified in name but, they are a single Korea)

“Of course, I understand Mr. Kim Jong-un and thank you for the support. I shall be in power by tonight.” The mystery man then puts down the telephone and then takes out his cellphone.

“Yoboseyo? Yes it’s me. Are you all in position?... I see. Then get ready for our 18 year old plan is about to come true! “

In one of the roads going to Changdeokgung Palace, the Prime Minister’s car was on its way to the Palace.

“His Majesty would be very happy to hear about this discovery!” Prime Minister Jin is holding in his hands a small key found by the KCIA lying on the ground near the tea farm where Mr. Im was killed.

“JoonSe, it’s been a while since we were last together! Hey um, I know I acted really rude and horrible to Tae Hoon back then and, I would like to apologize for that.”

“HyoEun…”

“I know what I did back then was really horrible of me. I feel really bad about it now that me and your Dong-saeng are friends now. Can you please forgive me?”

“Of course! We’ve been friends for a long time now! I… I even consider you my best friend, but, I know you still have Yunjae in that position but…” HyoEun immediately hugged him!

“Oppa! You’re my new best friend now! Thank you!”

“HyoEun! Hahaha!”

“Oh! What’s this?” It was SongHyun and Tae Hoon! They have just arrived at the garden where JoonSe and HyoEun were staying at!

“Hyung! Noona! Hmm!”

“Um, ah… It’s not what you think!” said JoonSe ans he and HyoEun quickly stopedd hugging each other!

“Yah!... What are you two doing here anyway?” asked HyoEun.

“Well, I was just showing SongHyun around.” answered Tae Hoon.

“Shouldn’t you be with Mr. and Mrs. Kim?” said HyoEun.

“I already talked to them a while ago. They’re both resting at my room.”

“It was brave of you two to save my Dong-saeng’s foster parents!” said JoonSe.

“Well, we were all in the same situation and I don’t want to see anyone dying of course! Mr. and Mrs. Kim are both important to you right Tae Hoon?” said SongHyun as she looked at Tae Hoon.

“Yeah, they really are. Ever since that day I was given to them without me of course knowing, they are the only parents which I have known and loved. I’m not saying I don’t love my real father! I love them all equally!”

“That’s just sweet Dong-saeng! If mom was still here, she would’ve been proud of you so much!”

“Ehehe! Really? I do wish she’s still alive… I… I wasn’t even able to say “I Love You” to her…”

“Tae Hoon…” SongHyun, HyoEun and JoonSe looked at him sadly so, his Hyung hugged and said: “I’m sure she heard that right now and is happy that you said that. Don’t worry you still have me, dad, aunt and uncle as well as all your friends! We’re your family! Okay?”

“Hyung…”

“HyoEun!” Everyone turned around and saw Sun Joon!

“Sun Joon?! Wha… what the heck are you doing here?!” shouted HyoEun.

“Hahaha! I’m here for you of course! Hahaha!”

“That’s not funny!”

“Sun Joon! What are you doing here?” asked JoonSe.

“Well, my mom brought me along with her. She said it’s best if I’m always outside the house because I’m always inside. Hehehe!”

At the Seonjeongjeon Hall…

The Emperor was checking some documents brought in by Ms. Jang Hae sook when, someone knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” asked the Emperor.

“Your Majesty, Commander Im of the Imperial Guards and Director Ryu of the KCIA are here to see you.” It was Mr. Kwon!

“Let them in.”

“Your Majesty, I suppose I should step out for a while then…”

“No Ms. Jang, please stay here. It’s okay.”

“Are you sure Your Majesty?”

“Yes! Yes of course!”

The doors opened and Commader Im and Director Ryu enter the room while Mr. Kwon closes the doors once they are inside again.

“Coomader Im and Director Ryu, is there something that you two would like to discuss?”

“Yes Your Majesty but before that, I have good news… well sort of that kind for you!” said Director Ryu.

“And whatis this good news you speak of?”

“Your Majesty, we have just found out that a call has been made here in Seoul to North Korea.” said Director Ryu.

“But, if I’m not mistaken, some of our country’s news agencies and businesses do that? Right?” said Ms. Jang.

“Yes, you are right about that Ms. Jang but, what’s interesting is that, when the call was traced, it… it came from…” Commander Im was interrupted when the doors opened once again and someone entered the room!

“And is that someone me?!” It was Prince Dong Hwan!

“Dong Hwan! What are you doing?!” shouted the Emperor.

“To take what is rightfully mine!”

At the garden, a group of armed men has surrounded Tae Hoon, JoonSe, Sun Joon, Song Hyun and HyoEun!

“Wha… what’s happening here?!” shouted HyoEun.

“Don’t panic! We need to be calm in times like this!... Oemma! Oh no! Is she alright?! Whatif she’s not?! What am I going to do?!” said Sun Joon.

“Look who’s talking…” said HyoEun.

“Yah! Ahjeossis! As the Crown Prince, I demand to know who all of you are!” shouted JoonSe.

“Don’t you dare hurt our friends! What do you want from us?!” shouted Tae Hoon.

“Silence! Your Highnesses, in a little while you shall know! Now then! Get inside the Palace!”

“What’s going on here?!” Tae Hoon said in his mind as his hands and the other’s as well all got tied up…