Episode 21: Mysterious Voices And His New Life

My Brother Is The Prince?!

Episode 21: Mysterious Voices And His New Life

At around early morning, at about 3AM…

“I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! I thought you made sure that Prince was gone for good! You said he would never be found?!”

“YAH! You’re not your father nor your grandfather! Mr. Kim Jong-un, do you know who you’re talking to?!”

“Well?! What are you going to do about it?! The kidnapper who gave the Prince to that peasant family must be disposed!”

“I know what to do! You have no right in giving me orders! Actually, I have already begun that! My men are also currently looking for him!”

“Good then! No one must ever know the truth about what happened 18 years ago

When Tae Hoon arrived at Changdeokgung Palace…

“I… I don’t know what to say… Ahpah, Hyung,… everyone… I…”

“Dong-saeng! You could cry if you want to!” said JoonSe as he walked toward his younger brother and hugged him. “It’s great that you’re finally here.”

“JoonSe, accompany Tae Hoon to his room. Tae Hoon, rest for a while there. JoonSe, don’t bother him too much you got that? Ms. Song, the Head of the Palace Maids will be coming to your room to give your schedule for today’s occasion. If there’s anything that’s confusing you, don’t be shy in asking JoonSe. Okay?”

“Araseo Ahpah!”

Mr. Kwon, who was at the right side of the Imperial Family then called for the personal servants of Prince Tae Hoon to get his things and bring it to his room.

“Let’s go Dong-saeng!” said JoonSe as he put his right arm on Tae Hoon’s shoulders.

“I can’t wait! This is just unbelievable!”

“Your Highness, this way please.” said Mr. Kwon. He led the two towards Tae Hoon’s room. When they got there, JoonSe pointed at the room which was just in front of it.

“This is my room so if there’s anything you need, just knock okay?”

“Neh!”

“Your Highness, welcome to your own room.” Mr. Kwon then opened the doors of his room which was larger than the living room of the Kim Residence! There was a large bed, his own wardrobe, a desk to work on, his own personal computer, a television set, a balcony… everything that’s fitting for a Prince! Tae Hoon was speechless! His mouth was wide open!

“Hahaha! Tae Hoon! You okay there?”

“I must be still dreaming! This is not happening!”

“Your Highness! We are all very glad for you have finally returned to the Palace!” said his own servants.

“Your Highness all of them are your own personal servants. They are all very excited and happy to serve you.”

“I have my own personal servants?! I see… Kamsahamnida! Thank you everyone!”

“We’re all happy to serve you Your Highness!”

“Now, now everyone! Let’s give Their Highnesses the chance to be with each other. Your Highnesses, we would be taking our leave.”

“Neh! Kamsahamnida!”

Mr. Kwon and the servants then all left the two Princes alone.

“So this is my room eh? This is just insane!”

“Yep! Hahaha! You know what, ever since the day you went missing, mom would always come here and lay your clothes on your bed. She would always do that every single day until she got ill and well, died.”

“It must have been very hard for everyone then eh? It’s too bad that I never got the chance to talk to her…”

“Don’t worry Tae Hoon. If I’m right, later today, we’ll be going to her grave. There, you could talk to her okay?”

“JoonSe…”

“Well, Ahpah told you to rest so if you need anything I’m just in front of your room okay? Annyeong!”

“Annyeong Hyung!”

Once he was alone, Tae Hoon started exploring his room. He started by lying on his bed.

“Woah! This bed is so comfortable and… WAAAHHH!”

His shout was heard by JoonSe who immediately went back inside!

“Tae Hoon! What’s wrong! Are you alright? Tae Hoon? Where are you?”

“Hyung, over here!” Tae Hoon raised his hand for his Hyung to see him. What happened was that he sunk down when he lied down on his bed!

“Is this bed made of sand or what?”

“Hahaha! Here, let me help you.” Once he was pulled up, Tae Hoon thanked him. “I’ll be in my room okay?” Once again, he was alone.

“Okay Tae Hoon, don’t lie on your bed first. I know! Let’s check my wardrobe first!” When he opens it, he was astonished at the quality and quantity of the clothes inside!

“Wow! These clothes must be worth a fortune!”

Next, he checked the television set. He opened the T.V. and immediately, the first thing that he saw was CNN whose Breaking News was of course, about him. They were showing a picture of him which instantly made him a little embarrassed.

“I can’t believe this is being shown around the world! I can’t imagine how JoonSe, the rest of my family and actors and actresses could bear to have their faces shown everywhere!”

He then opened his own personal computer and of course, opened his own Facebook account.

“Let’s see now… WHAT?! 1000+ and counting Notifications?!... My timeline! This is just… I don’t have any words to say anymore! I’m out of words!... I wonder how my friends reacted… Oh! Mu-Ryong! : “Wow! SeonHo’s the missing Prince! Hahaha! Now I have something to brag in my hometown!, HyeMi! :” Our friend SeonHo’s the missing Prince?! No way! I’m so honored to be his friend!”, Hae-young! :”Now I know where he got his princely looks…” SongHyun! :”WAAHHH!!! MY BEST FRIEND IS THE MISSING PRINCE?!”, Dong Wook! :”Who knew my little Dong-saeng was the missing Prince! Hahaha! You go SeonHo! I mean Tae Hoon!” Everyone…”

He then stopped what he was doing and went towards the balcony.

“I wonder how much my life is going to change. Will my friends be still able to talk to me? I would be meeting lots of people meaning I would be having less time with them. SongHyun, my best friend for how many years now, I hope she stays as my best friend despite all of these.”

After that, he carefully lied down on his bed and rested for an hour and when that was over, Ms. Song knocked on his door.

“Come in!”

“Annyeong Haseyo Your Highness.”

“You must be Ms. Song right?”

“Neh Your Highness. Are you comfortable with this room? Is everything to your taste?”

“Neh Ms. Song. Everything here is just so unbelievable! Is all of these really for me only?”

“Why of course Your Highness! This room has been your possession ever since the day you were born! Hahaha! Now then, I have here is your schedule for today. First, you arrived here at exactly 7:30AM. Then, a hour rest which ended two minutes ago on exactly 8:30 AM. From 8:30 to 9AM, you will be preparing yourself for the press conference which will be held at the Blue House. That press conference would last for an hour. After that it’s straight to Her late Majesty, Empress Haewon’s grave, from there, His Majesty will formally declare that you have finally been found in the grounds of Gyeongbok Palace. After that, it’s back here at Chnagdeokgung Palace where a banquet during the evening would be held. That banquet will also be the signal for countless celebrations across the country. Prince Tae Hoon, I know that you’re not used to all these kinds of events but please do try for they would all be surely repeated in the future.”

“Wow… that’s one jam-packed schedule! Are you sure I can survive all of that?!”

“Hahaha! Of course Your Highness! Your brother, Crown Prince JoonSe was able to! Hahaha! Don’t worry Prince Tae Hoon! We’re all here to assist you. You can count on all of us!”

“I see then! Gomawo Ms. Song!”

“Araseo Your Highness. You should go and take a bath now. Your personal palace maids will be coming with the clothes that you would be choosing to wear.”

“Mwo? But what about the clothes inside my wardrobe?”

“Those are all for the Palace and for your personal use. The ones that they would be bringing are all clothes for someone like you, a Prince.”

“Araseo! Gomawo Ms. Song!”

Ms. Song then left him while he went inside the bathroom to take a bath. After that, when he went out, his personal palace maids were all waiting for him with various clothes for him to choose from.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Your Highness, we are your personal maids! Please choose from the clothes we have here what you would be wearing for today!”

“A-araseo!” he answered with a confused smile.

Tae Hoon then started choosing from the clothes laid before him and then finally, remembering what JoonSe was wearing when he saw him in a ceremony last time, he chose the same thing his brother wore that time. He was helped by the palace maids in wearing the outfit.

“So, I guess I would be wearing these kinds of outfits from now on right?”

“Yes Your Highness!” When everything was in place: “Your Highness! Now you truly look like a Prince!” Tae Hoon looked at himself on the large mirror on his wardrobe and was stunned by how he looks now. “Today, my life has completely changed and will continue doing so. Tae Hoon! You can do this! Fighting!”

After that, he met up with the rest of his family and then, they were off to the press conference that would be held at the Blue House.

“Now Tae Hoon, don’t become nervous when somebody asks you a question okay?” said Emperor Gojo.

“Neh Ahpah, I understand.”

“I hope everything goes fine there! Has the security there been tightened already Mr. Kwon?” asked Prince Dong Hwan.

“Yes Your Highness. As we’re speaking right now, security force being doubled on all sides of the area including the streets that we will be passing through.”

“Good then!”

“Dong-saeng, now the entire world will finally meet you, my younger brother, Imperial Prince Tae Hoon. Are you ready?”

“Hyung, Ahpah, everyone, I swear, I won’t let any of you down! I’ll do my best!”