Episode 27: How To Be A Prince 101

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 27: How To Be A Prince 101

Once the two Princes arrived back at Changdeokgung Palace, they rested for an hour before Tae Hoon’s Prince lessons finally started.

“Your Highness, we will now get started on your formal lessons. First, we will be focusing on manners. Now, when you greet anyone older than you…”

That entire day’s lesson was all about manners and Tae Hoon really learned a lot from Ms. Song and also, he got really tired. His older brother, JoonSe helped though by correcting whenever he does something wrong. When Tae Hoon stepped out to get a drink, Ms. Song asked JoonSe something.

“Your Highness, you really love your younger brother so much right?”

“Yep! It has been a little hard growing up without him by my side. I sometimes get jealous of Dong Wook and Seung Ryong because they have their siblings with them while I don’t. That’s why I promised myself that I won’t let anyone take Tae Hoon away from us anymore! I promise!”

“Wow Hyung! Thanks a lot!”

“Y-you heard all of that?! Dong-saeng!”

“Hahaha! It’s alright! Ms. Song, let’s continue!”

They started at around 6PM, took a break from 7-7:30 PM for dinner then continued again until 8:30 PM. Ms. Song reminded Tae Hoon that that will be their schedule every weekdays to which he agreed. Then, he and Joon Se did their homework in Tae Hoon’s room where they helped each other. Tae Hoon only has a single homework while JoonSe has 3.

“That’s so unfair!” said JoonSe and then he pouted his lips.

“Hahaha! Just do your homework Hyung! Hahaha!”

The next day, Tae Hoon told his friends what happened during his lessons.

“So, you’ll be having another lesson again today then?” asked Mu-Ryong.

“Neh! It’s a different one this time but I’ll be ready!”

While Tae Hoon is talking to the others, SongHyun was looking at him with a smile on her face.

“Tae Hoon… your smile really makes my day complete… SongHyun! Aigoo! What’s happening to you?!” She gets noticed by the others! “SongHyun, are you okay?” asked Tae Hoon.

“N-neh Tae Hoon! I’m okay! Hahahaha! See! I’m fine! Hahaha!”

“She has been like that since…” Hae-young was cut short when SongHyun pulled him away from the rest of their group!

“Shush! Don’t tell me you’re going to tell him my secret! Hae-young!”

“Hahaha! I was just joking! I won’t! I promise! Hahaha!”

“SongHyun, Hae-young, is everything alright? What are you two whispering there?” asked HyeMi.

“Nothing! Hahahaha!”

“SongHyun?...” Tae Hoon just looked at his best friend who was blushing and smiling at the same time and it gave him an idea! Well, sort of and it’s the wrong one anyway. That evening when it was time for his lessons again, he and JoonSe were both waiting for Ms. Song to arrive so he told his Hyung his “idea”.

“What?! SongHyun and Hae-young?! I don’t know Dong-saeng, you might be wrong.”

“But I’m telling you! Whenever SongHyun has a crush, she always blushes!”

“But it may be for Mu-Ryong!”

“Don’t think so!”

“I know! YOU! Hahahaha!”

“Hyung! Aish!”

Ms. Song finally arrived and the 2nd lesson finally started.

“Today, our lesson is all about proper posture when walking, standing, seating, everything that this may be applied to. Now then, since we’re seating, let’s start with that. Your Highness if you please, sit here in the couch.” Tae Hoon followed suit and sat down.

“Now then, straighten your back just like that, yes, very good! Next, put your right leg over left leg… yes! Just like that and then lastly, place your hands on top of your right knee. There you go! Now, please stand up and place this book on top of your head and walk around the room without having the book falling over.”

Tae Hoon follows and placed the book on top of his head and starts walking around the room but, halfway at coming back, the book fell.

“Please start all over again Your Highness.” And so another round but, at the same place, it fell again. And so he did it again and again and again and again and again…

“I can still remember the time I was thought this! Hahaha! Whenever I started walking, it always fell! Hahaha!”

After their lesson was over, Tae Hoon was so tired and dizzy because of walking around in circles and then starting all over again.

“I can’t believe she said that tomorrow, the book she’ll be using is way larger and thicker! Aish! I don’t think I’ll be able to handle that!” he said as he lied down on his bed.

“Dong-saeng, if I was able to do it, then so can you! Come on! Believe in yourself okay! Rest up now for tomorrow okay?”

“Neh!”

Tomorrow and the next few days, Tae Hoon continued his lessons. Some of them include memorizing the history of the Imperial Family, fencing, riding a horse, how to give a speech, how to socialize with people of high society and also, learning about the country of Korea itself especially its political issues.

At the same time, the KCIA has presented the results of their investigation of Mr. Im’s murder to Emperor Gojo, Prince Dong Hwan and Prime Minister Jin, Commander Im of the Imperial Guards and Chief Ryu of the KCIA .

“Your Majesty, the bullets used in killing Mr. Im is the same type of bullets provided for the military. These bullets are for the military only and no other store here in our country is allowed to sell it to anyone but the military!”

(BTW, the bullets for the military and for the Imperial Guards are different as well as their armaments.)

“What?! That can’t be! How was that possible! Don’t tell me someone in the military is a traitor?!” exclaimed Commander Im.

“Then we can’t waste anymore time! Everyone in the military must be observed!” said the Emperor to which everyone obeyed.

That night at around 2AM (hehehe!)…

“Phase two will begin tomorrow. At my command, the Kim Family must be disposed! They know too much! They would be following Mr. Im!”