Episode 36: A Message From The Palace

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 36: A Message From The Palace

Midnight. For the first time in both sides’ history, North and South Korea fully opens their countries to one another. Of course, the most significant effect of this is the families separated by the Korean War back then and then, the job or opportunity seekers which mainly come from the North. North Koreans were all in awe once they arrived at the beautiful city of Seoul, the same goes for the South Koreans when they arrived at Pyongyang wherein much of the city has been decorated. Fireworks broke out in various cities in the peninsula, huge parties were organized, and of course, how could we forget K-Pop concerts! Many of the K-Pop singers, bands and groups held concerts across various cities in the South but, some of them were even invited to perform in Pyongyang! It was truly a festive and happy time for everyone who wanted reunification for so long but of course behind all of this happiness that is spreading to everyone, Tae Hoon, his family, friends and allies knows that all of this could all be one giant bomb waiting to explode… Oh and since it was declared that it would be a one week celebration, the “curfew” back then (it always comes with martial law) would be lifted.

“Emperor Dong Hwan, a job well done to both of us.”

“Indeed, Mr. Kim Jong-un. Look at everyone, they are all happy!”

“What our previous governments couldn’t do back then, we were able to achieve! The Reunification of Korea! Hahaha!”

Both men were in the Huijeongdang Hall when, a knock was heard on the door.

“Come in.” said the Emperor.

It was one of Kim Jong-un’s bodyguards.

“Sir, you have a phone call from Pyongyang.”

“I see. Your Majesty, I would be back for a while.”

“Sure, sure. Take your time.”

The North Korean leader and his bodyguard stepped out of the room and into the hallway. The bodyguard gave him the phone.

“Yeoboseyo? Ah yes, really? So, our men are on the move then? Good!...”

Unknown to them, Empress Che-Rin was listening!

“This is bad! I must contact Gojo immediately!”

She quickly but silently walked toward the library, closed the doors and then took out her phone.

“Oh no! Aish! The KCIA might be able to track my call! What to do now?... Oh!”

Jang Family Villa, Pyeongchang, 12: 45AM...

“M… M… M-Mwo… MWO?!” Mr. Kwon woke up suddenly due to his phone ringing.

“Who could be calling at this hour? Mwo? I don’t know whose number is this… Yeoboseyo? Your Highness! I mean, Your Majesty! Empress Che-Rin!”

“Mr. Kwon. I’m not an Empress! I will always be a Princess! Now listen very hard to what I will say and tell it to the others…”

“MWO?!”

“Is that true Mr. Kwon?!” asked Emperor Gojo.

“Yes Your Majesty! Those were the direct words of Princess Che-Rin!”

“So, the North is planning something eh? The North has tricked all of our people! This is bad! Really bad!” exclaimed Commander Im.

“I can’t believe that Uncle Dong Hwan fell into the North’s trickery so quickly like that!” said JoonSe.

“So, the mastermind behind all of these is really the North! So typical of them!” said SongHyun.

“What are we going to do now?” asked Dong Wook.

“Well, as of now, we can’t do anything yet because everyone else is rejoicing. But I’m pretty sure, throughout this week, there would be a lot of bad things that will happen and, which shall all end in one explosive event for one side…” said Director Ryu.

“Director Ryu, are you a psychic?” asked Mrs. Kim.

“Oh me? Hahaha! Aniyo! Hahaha!  Like doing that to scare my children! Hahaha!”

“What kind of threat is that?” asked Tae Hoon.

Later that day…

“HyoEun? What are you doing out here?” asked JoonSe as he walked out into the balcony where his best friend was.

“Oh, it’s nothing Oppa… Just… I’m just thinking about my parents…”

“Oh right. They’re in Seoul right? Well, I’m sure they’re safe plus, if they ever need to run away, they know where we are right? Don’t worry too much okay?”

“Araseo! Gomawo JoonSe. You really are my best friend.” Thye both hugged each other and then, looked at each other’s eyes and… THEY KISSED!

Tae Hoon and his friends were passing by inside the villa when they saw the two kissing! They immediately called the others!

After about three minutes of kissing, the two stopped, smiled at each other and then hugged each other again but, when JoonSe looked behind them, everyone else was looking at them! A very, very, very angry Sun Joon was looking at him so furiously!

“Yi JoonSe… so, you’re my rival eh?... Grrr…”

“Y-yah! Why are you all here?!” shouted JoonSe.

“D-don’t tell me you all saw that!” shouted HyoEun.

“Hahaha! Yes! We all saw that sis! Hahahaha!” said Min Young.

“JoonSe, you’re growing up…” said Emperor Gojo.

“Ahpah!”

“Hyung! Now it’s my time to tease you! Hahaha!”

Both JoonSe and HyoEun were so embarrassed that when they tried to walk away, instead of doing so, they walked and bumped into each other!

“Now that’s a love magnet! Hahaha!” said Hae-young.

“Shut up!” shouted the two and they left the scene separately. JoonSe went downstairs while HyoEun went to her room. When they were now all alone, they remembered what just happened and, smiled a little...

“Today is Day 2 of our one week celebration in honor of Korea’s reunification. Now then, last night, a lot of events happened. There were concerts, contests, parties and firework displays. Separated family members were reunited again and new friends were made. But, amidst all that, there are still some of our people who don’t want this reunification to happen. Anti-North Korean and Anti-South Korean movements tried to disturb some events in various cities in the peninsula but were stopped by the police. Now today, Emperor Dong Hwan is expected to go to Pyongyang because he was personally invited by North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un. Thousands have now crossed over into both sides starting from midnight earlier. Both countries’ transportation systems are trying to cope up with the huge number of people getting around. This is Song Min Jung reporting live in front of the Gwanghwamun Gate. We would be back after a short break.”

Everyone was at the living room watching the news when Ms. Song came in suddenly.

“Ms. Kang HyoEun, your parents! They’re calling you from Seoul!”

HyoEun immediately went with her to the kitchen where the telephone was. (They called the kitchen because by doing so, their call will not be traced unlike if they called the living room villa in which they would certainly be traced).

“Yeoboseyo? Oemma! Ahpah!”

“HyoEun my dear! How are you?” asked Mrs. Kang.

“Oemma! I’m fine! How about you guys there?!”

“The government isn’t suspecting us of anything yet but, our neighbors do. But as of now, nothing’s wrong yet.” answered Mr. Kang.

“That’s good news then. I miss you guys so much!”

“We miss you too dear! We hope to… (thump!) Aaaahhh!!!”

“Oemma?! Ahpah! Yah! Yah! What’s happening there?!”

Then, someone else answers on the phone.

“Yeoboseyo? Who’s this?”

“YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY MOTHER AND FATHER?!”

“(appears to be talking to somebody) Hey it looks like we can trace them from here!”

“Who?”

“The former Emperor!”

“Oh no…” HyoEun immediately puts the phone down and backs off… The others quickly came as soon as they heard her shouting.

“HyoEun! What just happened?!” asked JoonSe.

“Were you fighting with your parents again?” asked Dong Wook.

“They… they…”

“HyoEun, tell us what happened to your parents.” said Emperor Gojo.

“One second I was talking to my mom and then, it kinda sounded like she was pulled away then, someone else talked to me and said: “Yeoboseyo? Who’s this?” and then eventually, he said: “Hey it looks like we can trace them from here!”…Mianhaeyo everyone… I placed us all in danger… I’m sorry everyone!” HyoEun broke down in tears and so, Min Young, HyeJung and HyeRi all hugged her to calm her down.

“HyoEun…”

“HyoEun, it’s not your fault. You and all of us surely know who’s behind this right?” said Tae Hoon.

“Your Majesty, I’m thinking this is all a trap in order for them to lure us out of our hiding place which they have succeeded. We have to move out as soon as possible.” said Commander Im.

The Emperor was looking outside through a nearby window with something heavy on his mind.

“Your Majesty?”

Then, the phone rang again. It was Prime Minister Jin who answered this time.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Ah! If it isn’t former Prime Minister Jin! How are you?!”

“Prime Minister Jin, who is it?” asked Tae Hoon.

“(places his hand over the phone) It’s Prince Dong Hwan! (removes his hand) Prince Dong Hwan! What have you done to Mr. & Mrs. Kang?!”

“Oh nothing but I can assure you all that they’re safe, unlike you guys…”

“And what do you mean by that?!” shouted Emperor Gojo.

“I now know where all of you are…” Then, the line was cut.

“Oh no… what now?!” asked HyeJung.

“Calm down everyone! Being thrown into turmoil won’t do us any good! What we need to do now is to be able to get ourselves into a place where we would all be safe!” said Commander Im.

“Your Majesty, what are your orders?” asked Prime Minister Jin.

It took for a while before Emperor Gojo finally said: “ We will go back to Seoul. We will rescue the Kangs and end this crisis!”