Episode 12: At The Awarding Ceremony

My Brother Is The Prince?!

Episode 12: At The Awarding Ceremony

That day, Wednesday, ended and so came Thursday. HyoEun, although her three friends apologized to her already the previous night, still ignored them. That afternoon right after classes ended, she was going to a part of the school known to everyone as “The Hallway of Weirdness” because it’s a place where well, the weird students of the school come to gather and discuss their interests and other stuff; though this is a definition being used by students like HyoEun but, another name of the place is “The Underworld” of the school because, since it’s a place where many students meet, gossip and information about the school and its populace are shared everyday which is being used by everyone in the school for good and bad purposes… including the teachers themselves as well.

In order to go in unnoticed, tied her hair and wore a surgical mask to give herself the appearance of a student trying to avoid diseases. As she walks through the hallway passing by classrooms, she finally came to a stop in front of the farthest classroom by the hallway. She opened the door and inside was a lone student in front of a laptop.

“Um, Jung Chungsik?” she said.

The student, probably typing, stopped what he was doing and turned his head around to see who it was and when he saw it was HyoEun, he immediately ran towards her!

“KANG HYOEUN!!!”

“Ugh! Get away from me you freak!” she stopped him from coming near her by raising her right hand in front of her and to her surprise, he stopped!

“I can’t believe this! My angel! Kang HyoEun is finally talking to me after many years of failed attempts to do so!”

“Yeah, whatever, anyway, so, it seems the rumors are true. You do like me.”

“Why of course! Yes! Yes! I do! I really do! Would you like to see some pictures of yours that I got? Here!” He quickly got his laptop and showed her some pictures which she remembered was when she and her friends were in a hotel swimming pool.

“This freak will pay! How dare he capture those images! Never mind!” she said on her mind. “Listen Chungsik, if you do like me, I have a small favor to ask of you.”

“A favor? Anything! Anything for you my sweet HyoEun!” he replied.

“Good then! Well, tomorrow’s Friday right? I have something that I would like you to do…”

The next day, Friday, there was an assembly of all levels inside the gym. It was formally start the second semester and also, to award SeonHo and Crown Prince JoonSe the Student of the Month Awards.

As one class after another enters the gym, teachers and concerned personnel were getting ready at the backstage of the stage (You guys know what I mean right? The gym has a stage and it has a backstage) for the assembly. As SeonHo’s class entered and sat down, he saw JoonSe and his Hyungs waiving at him and his friends so they did the same thing as well. HyoEun and her girls were seated together at the very front of the class but, she was still able to see what they did when she turned to look around. This hardened her resolve to go on with her plan.

“I’m just going to the comfort room okay guys?” she said and then left.

“You know what, I’m starting to think that something bad is about to happen.” said Hye-ri.

“Oh you’re always like that!” said Hye Jung.

“But still, I think she’s right!” said Min Young.

As soon as she was in the comfort room, she immediately took her phone out and called Chungsik.

“Yoboseyo? Ah! My dear angel!”

“Whatever! Is everything in place?!”

“Why yes! Of course! Everything is in place since last night! Your plan would go without a hitch!”

“Good then! And remember what you’ll do if something goes wrong or when the school will be looking for the mastermind behind this okay?”

“Yes! Yes of course! I shall protect you no matter wha…” He stopped talking because apparently HyoEun already hanged up.

“My angel?...”

Before she left the comfort room, she saw herself in the mirror and then: “Hmm, I look so beautiful today! JoonSe Oppa, today you’ll stop being friends with that brat!” After that, she went back to her seat with a smile, an evil smile on her face.

Finally, the assembly began. First, was the singing of the Korean National Anthem, the Aegukga, then, the students greeting the Principal and members of the school faculty and lastly, they all sat down.

The stage, as seen from in front, has some red curtains on both its left and right sides and then partially, in the front part. It kinda looks like the one seen in theaters. Anyway, the Principal gave some reminders, news about the school, its recent achievements in the first semester and then finally, she talked about what happened two days ago.

“In line with that, me, as well as the entire school administration would like to award to Kim SeonHo and also, to His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Yi JoonSe the Student of the Year Award! Yes! Everyone heard right! We all thought that what our two students did is something that the school will remember forever! Mr. Kim and Crown Prince JoonSe, please go up here and accept your award!”

As the two stood up, everyone gave them a huge round of applause! Everyone in the gym was cheering for the two!

“I’m not used to this… Will it be like this every day?” asked SeonHo while he and JoonSe were walking at the central isle.

“Of course! So you need to get used to it Dong-saeng! Hahaha!”

When they reached the stage, they were both given a bronze trophy with the award name in front of it. Then, they were both asked to stand in the very middle of the stage. At that point, HyoEun took out her phone and called Chungsik.

“Yah! Get ready! SeonHo is about to go into the target spot! Do it properly okay? Make sure it doesn’t fall on JoonSe Oppa!”

“Neh! Neh my angel!” answered Chungsik.

With that, she hanged up and watched SeonHo going into the target spot.

“Get ready Kim SeonHo!”

When they were both in position, everyone gave the two of them a standing ovation! Everybody was clapping their hands and cheering for the two but backstage, it was deserted already except for one student who was looking through a hole in the wooden wall in front of him. He quickly pulled a rope connected to bucket of paint at the steel beams above the stage! As the bucket containing a mixture of different colors was about to fall down, it caught the attention of the Principal1

“What the?!”

She immediately thought of SeonHo and JoonSe who were standing in the very spot the paint was about to fall so, as quickly as she could, she ran towards them and pushed them out of the way thus, letting herself poured down by paint!

“Ma’am!” exclaimed SeonHo and JoonSe.

The entire school was shocked at what happened!

“Oh no!” HyoEun’s face changed from excited to worried!

“Did I hit him? Did I… WAAAHHH!!! NOT THE PRINCIPAL!!!” Chungsik shouted as soon as he saw through the hole that he has just poured down paint on the Principal herself!

The Principal was speechless and couldn’t move!

“Wha…what…who… WHO DID THIS?!!!”