Episode 41: Endgame

My Brother Is The Prince?!

 

Episode 41: Endgame

During the start of the crisis in the Korean Peninsula, the United Nations General Assembly had an emergency meeting headed by the Secretary-General himself. It was agreed by everyone that sending a force there to stop the crisis would be for the best. After that, the Security Council also had an emergency meeting to which all it’s members especially it’s permanent members namely the US, UK, France, US, Russia and China all voted for sending troops into the peninsula to stop the crisis. Just after that, Prime Minister Jin was able to contact them and relay to them what was happening. They were all surprised at the deception of North Korea. China, although an ally of the North strongly assured everyone that it would cooperate with everyone else and that “the North’s childish actions must be stopped right now.” Under the UN Command, every country’s troops we’re now starting to travel towards Jeju Island where they would all meet. Since the US had military stations in Japan, they were able to msuter troops quickly so was China and Russia. Hearing all this, Emperor Gojo was assured by the great powers that peace would be restored in his country.

With the news that foreign troops under the UN Command are now being sent to the peninsula, the South Korean populace all rejoiced upon hearing the news… of course the North Korean army who were attacking the northern parts of the South also heard about it and transmitted it to Kim Jong-un who was at Changdeokgung Palace at that time.

“WHAT?! … Continue with our plan! THERE IS NO ROOM FOR RETREAT!... That’s it! Enough of this scene! Guards round them up! We’re bringing them all to the North!” shouted Kim Jong-un.

“What?! But I don’t want to go that place!” shouted HyeJung.

North Korean guards then surrounded all of them. Two of them tied Grand Prince Dae-sun and Princess Che-Rin.

“I’m sorry dear… I… I never anticipated this…”

Princess Che-Rin didn’t reply to what her husband said.

“Oemma…” said Dae-sun as he looked at his mother.

“What now Hyung?” whispered Tae Hoon.

“I don’t know either... I’m out of plans!” replied JoonSe.

They were all led outside the hall. While walking through the hallway, little do they know that Jeong Hoon, who was at the very back had a swiss knife and was cutting the ropes binding his hands. Good thing the North Korean guard in charge of him was at his side and slightly in front of him! The guard, who was just a newcomer then asked one of his seniors something prompting him to move forward, a little far from where Jeong Hoon. . “So what’s next?” he asked. This gave Jeong Hoon an idea and he was able to come at the back of Tae Hoon and JoonSe and was able to cut the ropes binding their hands! They then passed through another hallway wherein it was lined with: swords! Fortunately for the three, the two guards were still talking to each other and none of the guards in front of them was looking at the back and so, silently, they got one sword for themselves. JoonSe and Jeong Hoon then pulled the two gaurds talking to each other into a room whose door was open with their hands on their mouths  and Tae Hoon silently closed the door. Those in front of them weren’t even able to hear everything that happened behind them! Jeong Hoon and JoonSe then knocked the two guards down making them unconscious. The three then silently went out of the room again and followed their friends from behind. With every room they saw that was open, they slowly got one or two of the guards guarding their friends, brought them into the room, knocked them out and freed their friends and family one by one until, not noticing it, Kim Jong-un was the only one left since he was in front of everyone else. So, when he turned around, he was shocked to see that his captives were all free! 

“What the!”

“Get him!” shouted JoonSe which made everyone charge towards the North Korean leader so, Kim Jong-un then got his gun from his pocket and fired at them. Fortunately, no one was shot but Princess Che-Rin couldn’t take it anymore and she collapsed!

“Oemma!” shouted Grand Prince Dae-sun

Meanwhile, taking advantage of the situation, Kim Jong-un made a run for it!

“JoonSe! Tae Hoon! Go after him! He musn’t escape! We’ll stay here and get my wife to safety. Go! Now!” shouted Prince Dong Hwan.

The two brothers agreed and chased after the dictator. Dae-sun, with great anger towards Kim Jong-un then proceeded to follow his cousins!

“Dae-sun! No!”

“Mianhaeyo, Abeoji. But I have to make sure that man has to pay severely for what he has done to our family.”

“Dae-sun… Aren’t you angry with me for making all this happen?”

“Although I want to, I’ve been away from you guys for 17 years. And in that 17 years, instead of harbouring hatred towards you, I harbored it against Kim Jong-un’s family. I will never come to hate you Ahpah…” Before he could run, Jeong Hoon called him and threw his sword at him which he was able to catch.

“You’re going to need that!” he said.

“Gomawo!”

“Dae-sun… Kamsahamnida…” He turned his attention back to his wife and he along with Seung Ryong, Jeong Hoon and Dong Wook carried her outside wherein one of the Imperial Guards with them was able to contact the nearby hospital to send over an ambulance.

Meanwhile, the UN force was nearly complete and so, half of it was now being sent to the mainland going through Incheon where it would counter the North Korean attacks taking place there while the other half would go directly to Seoul via planes to rescue Tae Hoon and the others and also, for Kim Jong-un to be captured. US forces were also instructed to send some divisons onto the east coast to counter the North Korean attacks happening there.

Dae-sun was able to catch up with his cousins. They were going up a staircase where they saw Kim Jong-un went up.

“Dae-sun! Shouldn’t you be with your mother’s side right now?” said JoonSe.

“I know but, we must make him pay for what he did to all of us right? Although I only met her today, I’ve seen and know her already when I saw her on TV and I know she’s tough.”

“Are you going to sing?” asked Tae Hoon.

“Hahaha! My nanny used to say that to me! Hahaha!”

“I guess you’re our Dongsaeng then right?” said Tae Hoon.

“Neh!” answered Dae-sun.

“Guys! Look! Kim Jong-un! He ran into a dead end!” shouted JoonSe!

It was true! The North Korean leader was stuck! The three princes, with swords in hand, they pointed it towards the dictator and said: “KIM JONG-UN, THIS IS THE END!”