VII: Shock

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, uhm… here it is, my house.” Jaejoong ushered you to get inside and take a seat on the couch.

“Wait here, I’ll just prepare the food.”

“Want me to help you?”

“No thanks. I don’t enjoy any company when I cook.”

“Why didn’t we eat outside in the first place?”

Jaejoong sighed. He’s tired of explaining things to you.

“Didn’t you see those sasaeng fans earlier?”

“I did.” You replied innocently.

“I’ll leave the imagination to you. You’re so slow.”

Your brows creased while Jaejoong crossed his arms and arched one brow.

When it hit you, you’re mouth formed an “O” shaped.

“But, can’t you explain to them that I’m just your assistant? They would understand that will they?”

Jaejoong pinched the bridge of his nose in exhaustion. He wished that fans would be that understanding.

“How old are you?” he asked.

“That’s stated in my resume. You don’t even have to ask that.”

“You’re a high school student.” He answered the question himself while gesturing a hand you.

“So?”

Jaejoong face palmed. He didn’t know you’d be so naïve about things.

You’re mouth formed another “O” shape.

“I’m underaged to work. They will think you’re a pedo.”

You said with a shrug.

“What? A pedo?” Jaejoong asked, surprised with your use of words. “I can’t believe at how bad you make conclusions.”

He shook his head and walked towards the kitchen.

You followed him and sat on the chair in front of the kitchen counter instead.

Jaejoong didn’t mind you watching as he cooked.

He had his own little world in there. His hands moved so fast. Everything was neat in his workplace. He chops evenly and works suavely.

You wandered your eyes around the place. It seems neat and well kept. There were no boxers or dirty shirts hanging around somewhere. Neither was any food wrappers littered around. Far from what you expected of a typical man's apartment. The floors look like they’ve been mopped as well.

The furniture he had is all very stylish and modern.  Though they are of simple and light colours, they’re homey and pleasing to the eyes. Thinking back, the view near his living room is also splendid.

This man has real good taste when it comes to home and furniture. He’s like a girl. He even knows how to cook.

“You might be wondering who that man back in the studio is.” Jaejoong said, pulling you out of your thoughts.

You were surprised he talked about it. You thought that was a touchy subject. You yourself didn’t dare ask him about that.

“Er…Yeah.”

“Well, I think the tension between us was obvious. I think you know why…”

He said with a lonely expression.

You turned curious. How will you know why when you don’t even know who that man is.

“Actually, I don’t know why.”

You said honestly.

“Wah, Jincha. This girl is really a surprise to me.”

Jaejoong muttered.

“Uhm what?” you asked.

“You really don’t know me.” He said.

“I told you so.”

“Whatever. Anyway, past is past. It’s not essential to talk about it. Let’s just say that man is part of my past.”

“Okay…”

He starts a conversation but doesn’t end it properly. What the fudge is that?

“Let’s just talk about some other topic.”

“Whatever you say.”

You said and waved a hand to him.

“Okay, so… let’s talk about you.”

Jaejoong said while sautéing something that smells really good.

“What about me?”

“Where’s your family? Do you have a mom and dad?”

“Well, they’re not here. They’re in my home country.”

“Then, what brings you here? Why aren’t you with them?”

Time to strike back.

“Don’t wanna talk about it. Past is past. It’s not essential to talk about it.”

You said with a shrug.

Jaejoong glared at you and smirked.

“Trying to use my own words against me huh?”

You grinned sheepishly.

“I guess, none of us wants to share much about our personal life. Let’s just talk more about what your work will be instead.”

“Sure.”

“Okay. So basically, you already know how my daily life flows. 100 % of the time, I’m chased by a mob of fangirls. Although they are willing to chase me to hell and inflict harm on me, I still love them. After all, without them, there wouldn’t be a Kim Jaejoong. I wouldn’t have this house or those luxury cars I have if it weren’t for them. Just for that, I’m more than thankful.”

Jaejoong said dreamily.

“But how come you treated me harshly when you thought I was a sasaeng.”

Jaejoong flinched, pierced by your words. He paused with the stirring and sautéing to speak.

“Well, there are some exceptions sometimes. Some of the fans, particularly the sasaengs, they go overboard. They hack my cellphone, my security number and they also pay taxi drivers to purposely bump my car, just like the one you’ve witnessed. It’s fine if I’m the only one they’re chasing. But sometimes, they disturb my family too. That’s when I really get irritated.”

“Wow. That’s really hard for you”, you commented.

Jaejoong nodded and continued with his story.

“Once, I was pushed to my limits. One night, I was a bit toxicated by alcohol and the fans were following. They were tugging on my shirt, clinging on to my arms, trying to take pictures of me… in short, they were harassing me, taking away my privacy. I didn’t know what came to me. I hit one of them and said some nasty things. Little did I know, they were audio recording that. The whole JYJ was involv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter