XIX: Acquaintance

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I…uhm…auditioned?” You said hesitatingly as if it would offend Yunho so much. And as you have predicted, it did. His eyes widened in shock. Moments later, he dug his head to his palms.

“What the hell is that scoundrel thinking?” He muttered in an infuriated manner.

You weren’t exactly sure why Yunho reacted that way. You yourself were also surprised to see him in the company. What a small world, isn’t it?

“Why did he let you?” He punched numbers on his cellphone while asking you that question. You can’t open your mouth to say something and in the end settled with a shrug full of curiousness.

At last, Yunho managed to punched the number he wanted to call. He placed the mobile against his ear while muttering curses and snickering impatiently.

“That insolent fool! Darn that jerk, he won’t even answer!”

When it seems that his calls are being ignored, he threw his phone down the staircase which made you shrink in fear. Yunho ruffled his hair annoyingly and took a few deep breaths before finally calming down.

“Sorry…” He said all of a sudden.

“I-I didn’t mean to scare you or vent it all out on you. I was just---taken aback.’’ He explained in a sincere manner. Slowly, he turned his eyes to you.

You stared back at him and managed to say “It’s okay.” in a small voice.

Yunho yet again sighed. “Will you do me a favor?”

“It depends on what you’re asking.” You said and pressed your lips together.

He let out a chuckle. “You are different. I guess that’s what makes you interesting to him.”

You shrugged at his comment and waited for his favor.

“You see, you training here and working with Jaejoong wouldn’t work out. These are two tight-contrasting things. Either side would put you in danger if someone unaware of your situation finds out.” Yunho stared at his fingers while saying this statement.

“Why would that be?” Your eyebrows came together. Yes, well…he is right in some ways. You working with Jaejoong and training at the same time is a lot of stress. But what’s with the issue of someone finding out about this?

“It’s hard to explain. It’s a long story. Nonetheless, this is what I ask of you: Quit one. Will it be Jaejoong or the Training, I don’t care. Just please, give up one.” Yunho stared at you with pleading eyes. You don’t know why but it seemed like a life and death situation for him…and for you.

“I-I don’t know. I need a reason.” You answered unsurely.

“Believe me. You don’t want to know. And if ever you do fulfill this, I’m sure that you would thank me when you find out why.”

“I won’t decide until you give me a reason.” Yep. You are stubborn.

“I need you to choose. That’s all. Think about it.” Yunho stood up, ignoring your question. He made his way down and took a last glance, giving you a polite smile before finally giving you privacy.

Yunho’s words rang in your head and you couldn’t help but be deeply curious and confused. You felt so naïve and innocent with everything. Feeling so made you think of yourself as dumb and stupid.

You decided to move on for the while as the break is ending in few minutes. So, you dashed to the cafeteria in order to get some food and drinks. Food was free. All you have to do is present the food stub.

By free, however, doesn’t mean yummy free. If that’s how you put it. Food was in small portions and most of them were vegetables. S.M. Entertainment will never promote obesity for your information.

You gobbled down what’s on your plate and headed to the room where you were supposed to take vocal lessons. The day passed by as it usually would. Soon, the trainees were off to their dorms.

As for you, you decided to go to Ji Eun’s for sleepover and probably—fetch some information too about what Yunho was telling you. After all, Ji Eun is a fangirl.

As usual, you waited in the bus stop to catch a bus. The summer night was cold and there you sat, alone. You swung your legs impatiently, while waiting for your ride.

“Hey.” A deep voice greeted your trance. Kris sat beside you and smiled. He had a hoodie over his head and half of his face was covered with a mask.

“Hi, acquaintance.” You replied, quite surprised with his sudden presence.

“Waiting for your bus?” He asked.

“Yep. You too?” You inquired, looking up at his tall figure. Despite the fact that you were sitting, he is still towering.

“No, I live around here.” Kris smiled again and then gazed at the city lights.

“Then, why are you here?” You had this habit of knitting your brows together whenever questioning someone.

“Good question. But I’m here for no apparent reason.” He refused to meet your gaze as he is afraid that he would be sweating or blushing at any moment.

“That’s…weird. Are you here to kidnap me? Your get up seems to scream that you would.” You commented in a joking manner.

Kris chuckled, his shoulders bobbing up and down. “You’re a really funny girl. But no, I’m not kidnapping anyone. And the outfit—it’s to hide my identity.”

“Your height would always betray you. I recognized you at first glance.”

Kris can’t help but let out another delightful laugh.

“So, are you okay now? You seemed so pale and out of mind a while ago.” He asked worriedly and got the courage to look deep into your eyes.

“I’m fine. Thanks.” You smiled at him which made his heart skip a beat.

Oops. Wrong move. Wasn’t at all good to stare at your crush.Wait, what? Crush? Wufan, what are you thinking?

Just then, your phone rang, cutting off the atmosphere.

“Excuse me for a sec.” You held a finger for him to wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter