XXI: Zi Tao

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late evening when Tao bugged Kris to take him out and buy him an expensive coffee.

“Geh~ Please?” Tao tugged at Kris’s sleeves cutely.

“Here he goes again…” D.O. whispered to Suho. The others saw the scene that they’ve grown quite familiar with and they didn’t even bother betting on who will win. The result will be predictable anyway.

“Tao, a coffee wouldn’t do good for you at this time. Caffeine prevents you from sleeping.” Kris explained—not taking his eyes away from the screen of his cellphone.

Kris is contemplating on calling you. He’d sent you a text and you haven’t replied to it. Usually, you would answer within a few minutes. Your silence was bugging him.

*Aish…Why isn’t she answering?* Kris thought impatiently.

“Geh~~~!” Tao tugged harshly at Kris’s shirt, finally gaining the attention he wanted. With knitted eyebrows, Kris turned to face Tao.

“Here it comes.” Kai announced to the other members who were observing the two.

“Bbuing Bbuing?” Tao did his signature aegyo gesture, knowing he would get what he wants in one simple gesture.

“Bleeeek.” Baekhyun’s face scrunched up seeing a boy doing that to a same gender.

“This is the last time you’re going to get me to do this Tao.” Kris stood from his seat and went to his room to fetch his wallet.

“YAY!” Tao jumped up and down in delight and grabbed his jacket to get ready.

“I wonder if aegyo would work for me…” Chen thought loudly while touching his chin.

“Don’t even dare, Jongdae.” Xiumin looked disgustingly at Chen and walked away. The others did the same. Chen walked over to Lay who was taking a nap at the sofa all this time.

He shook him until his eyes fluttered open.

“Bbuing ! Bbuing!” Chen brought his fists near his cheeks and did the same as Tao did to Kris.

Not a line on Lay’s face moved.

“Bbuing?” Chen tried yet again.

“Am I dreaming? Chen, I’m dreaming right?” Lay’s brows knitted in confusion. He brought up his fingers and rubbed his eyes groggily.

“No, you’re not dreaming. I’m really doing my aegyo.”

“Oh…” Lay’s lips formed into an ‘o’. His mind is finally clear now. “I’m going back to sleep.”

~

“Caramel Frappuccino ~ Caramel Frappuccino ~” Tao sang happily while skipping on his way to the coffee shop. Kris followed silently behind him still holding on to his dear phone.

I wonder what she’s doing now…

Tao marched to the counter of the coffee shop dragging Kris along.

“One large caramel frappuccino please and an Americano for my gege here.”

Kris took out his wallet and was about to pay when something caught his eye. Out the window, behind the glass walls, he saw you as if searching for something.

Without any hesitation, he shoved his wallet to Tao’s chest, startling EXO M’s kung fu panda. “Here. Pay. I’ll be right back.” Tao looked at him weird and raised a suspicious brow. Kris on the other hand rushed out of the store to chase after you.

*Aish… I wonder where that cat went.* You thought worriedly. Your dorm mates agreed that they be the one to search for Jiji in the building. On the other hand, you ought to search for it on the streets.

“Jiji-ya? Jiji?” You cupped your hands around your lips and continued calling out.

 

*It really is ~~~.* Kris, with a happy smile strode towards your direction.

 

“Kya! Kapjagiya…” You held to your chest, startled when Kris tapped your back.

 

“Sorry, did I scare you?”

 

“Kris! No, no. It’s fine.”

 

Kris’s heart did a little tap dance when he heard his name coming out of your lips. It was so unfair for him to feel that way when he just met you.

 

“What are you doing here?” both of you asked at the same time.

 

“Oh, I was just taking Tao out for some coffee. And you?”

 

“Well, that’s a weird treat at night. Anyway, I’m looking for a cat.” You replied with a desperate sigh.

 

“A cat?” Kris’s cocked one thick brow.

 

“Yes. It got out of the dorm. The problem is it’s not my pet. It’s someone else’s. ” You explained with a deflated aura. You could already predict Jaejoong’s reaction and you didn’t want to imagine that any further.

*So that’s why she wasn’t answering my texts. She was busy.*

“Then I’ll go help find it. Let’s go.” Kris smiled reassuringly and pulled your hand.               

Together, you searched the nearby alleys, shouting Jiji’s name. You then came to a dark and narrow one. As you were searching, a shuffle caught your attention. At the corner of that street, a pile of trash and empty boxes resided.

 

Inside the box, something moved.

 

“Jiji?” You asked as if the cat would respond. You approached it slowly as not to surprise the cat, compelling it to run away from you.

“Jiji? Is that you?”

 

When you were just a foot away, suddenly, a group of thugs appeared. There were 5 of them and the one wearing a black hoodie and sporting a spiked hair approached.

 

“Look what we have here… Are you lost?” He asked in a bogus angelic voice.

 

He drew near, forcing you to step back. At that moment, you knew something bad was going to happen. Your instincts told you to run but your knees felt like jelly.

 

“I’m not lost. I’m looking for a cat. D-don’t go near me.” You stuttered as the group advanced on you.

 

The guys chuckled and sneered, ignoring your stupid wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter