Heart, Mind, & Soul (S.C.)

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Christmas Eve. Jaejoong has been up for hours waiting for you to come home from work. A few more minutes and the clock will chime to the sound of twelve midnight. The food he cooked has gone cold. The candles he lit were almost reduced to a wax puddle. The children—the children who were so excited to open their presents under the vibrant Christmas tree were sent to bed by Jaejoong for a while—saying he’ll wake them up when mommy arrives and then they could eat and open their presents together.

 

But mommy is not yet home.

 

“The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area—“

 

Jaejoong sighed heavily for the umpteenth time and pressed the "end call" button. He has been calling you for who knows how long. Agitated by worry and tired of waiting any longer, he fetched his coat hanging on the rack together with the car keys.

 

 

 

You stood by the company building hailing for passing taxi cabs. Unfortunately, all of them were occupied. You glanced at your wrist watch that Jaejoong gave you before the wedding as a gift. At the center of it were large, cursive letters “JJ”.

 

~

Jaejoong strapped the white leather on your wrist and fixed the watch to face you. You can’t help but gasp in awe at the very beautiful jewelry. The hands of the clock were made with gold. Glittering diamonds were embedded for each hour and at the very center, written in gold ink, were Jaejoong’s Initials.

 

Jaejoong pointed at the clock with his index finger.

 

“That’s my name right there. So that it will remind you of me whenever you look at the time and know that you are the one who owns it.” He smiled up at you and held your hand close to his lips—planting a sweet kiss on it.

 

He showed his wrist and you saw that he had exactly the same watch except for the initials on the center.

 

“It’s a couple watch. Mine has your initials on it.” Jaejoong flashed another smile—only this time his smile had an aura of pride. It’s as if it’s very worthy to boast that he is the only one who could own your time as well.

 

You stood up on your toes to place your arms over his shoulders and intertwine your fingers together behind his neck. Slowly and gently, you placed your lips against his and then immediately, you embraced him tighter for him to lean down and for you to reach his ear and whisper a sincere thank you.

 

Jaejoong placed one hand on your waist and another caressed your cheek. “You’re welcome, my angel.” He said through his heart-melting smile and swooped down for a long, heated kiss.

 

~

 

 

The clock read ten in the evening. Your eyebrows formed into a worried crease. You have promised Jaejoong to be home by this time. Unfortunately, additional works were needed to be signed and done before the holidays. You had intended to call in order to inform him that you might arrive later than what you had expected. However, even your phone seems to refuse in cooperating with you as it has run out of battery.

 

You stomped your foot on the pavment--squishing the cold snow under your cream-colored stilletos. The night was chilling and by the way the wind grazed yout skin, it told you that snow will be falling soon again. Petty things such as the weather has added up another complication on the situation.

 

A honk pulled you out of your worried train of thoughts. A big, black, audacious motorcycle stopped in front of you. The rider revved the engine before taking off his dark helmet which matched his ride.

 

“Hey, ~~~, hop in. I’ll drop you home” Song Jaerim, one of your co-workers, who happens to be the model for one of your projects beamed at you. He threw you a white helmet which you caught mid-air. You mounted behind him and said words of gratitude.

 

 

 

Jaejoong got out of the house just in time to see you alighting from the motorcycle. His brows pulled together and his forehead crumpled. He hurriedly walked to the gates and witnessed you flash a bright smile at Jaerim while thanking him. Jaerim, on the other hand stepped closer—too close for Jaejoong’s standards—and ruffled your hair lightly. “You’re welcome, gongjunim* (princess) .“ He replied with a similarly bright smile.

 

Jaejoong felt a hot throbbing vein in his head. He knew Jaerim alright—he’s this smooth ladies’ pleaser who used his model stature and his innocent-but-hot looks to charm the way to their hearts. And he definitely didn’t want you close to anyone like him. He knew exactly how guys think and he’s positive that 99 percent of them fancy you.

 

“E-ehem.” Jaejoong interrupted as he pushed the gates open. He shot Jaerim a cold glare while he sauntered around the dangerous-looking ride to get to your side. Jaejoong s a hand around your waist and kissed your hair—not breaking the eye contact with Jaerim.

 

Jaerim cocked a brow at him and smirked. He knew what message Jaejoong was trying to plant in his head. He was marking his property—a gesture that shows you are his.

 

“Thank you, for bringing home my wife. I’ll take it from here.” Jaejoong emphasized the word wife and led you to the front gate.

 

“You’re welcome bro.” Jaerim replied coolly as he mounted on the motorcycle and wore his helmet over his head. The bike came to life with a loud roar and Jaerim looked at you and winked cheekily.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t believe his eyes. Did that jerk just dare wink at my wife in front of me?

 

“Merry Christmas!” Jaerim greeted—mainly looking at Jaejoong to —and drove with a quick start on the road.

 

Jaejoong scoffed—feeling the hot vein in his head throbbing rapidly and his knuckles turn white as they ball into fists.

 

Wait until I get my hands on that jerk. We’ll see how merry his Christmases will be when I break that long neck of his.

 

“So is that the reason why you’re so late? You were so enthralled riding a motorcycle with your arms encircled around a super-model?”  Jaejoong had his arms crossed against his chest—his tone was accusing and clearly irritated.

 

He wanted this night to be special and well spent. All the efforts he made seemed only wasted when you came home late—not only late but also coming home delivered by a devilish man. Hell, it infuriated him big time.

 

“Jae, we are not having this argument tonight.” You said sternly as you walked briskly to get to the front door.

 

You’ve had an unbelievably stressful day and all you wanted was to get home, welcomed in Jaejoong’s warm embrace. All the tiredness from your sore mind and body would have went down the drain. Instead, he greeted you with wild accusations.  

 

“No. You and I need to talk right now.” Jaejoong prevented you from entering the house by grabbing your wrist tightly and turning you harshly to face him.

 

“Jae! For goodness sake, it’s Christmas eve!” You writhed out of his grasp and turned your back to him as you twisted the doorknob open and entered the house with a completely different spirit from a while ago. All this time you thought Jaejoong will be pleased that you made it home just in time. But no, he had to let jealousy override his mind and even act rude with your co-worker.

 

You slipped your shoes off your feet and headed straight to the master’s bedroom to change clothes upon noticing that the children were already asleep since they did not come to the door to greet you as usual.

 

Jaejoong followed you and slammed the bedroom door shut.

 

You removed your blazer with a heavy sigh—knowing what’s coming next as this has happened a number of times.  You sat on the bed and connected eyes with Jaejoong. By the look in his irises—it is clear that he’s fuming and not a fraction reflected that he will let this night pass without a talk.

 

“Jae, for the umpteenth time. I am not cheating on you—never had, never am, and never will.” You proclaimed with your hands moving dramatically in the air due to frustration.

 

“I know that. But still, I want you to stay away from the kinds of his—those flirty, insensitive, dirty-minded morons! I am a man, ~~~. I know exactly what they think and I’m positive that they are not good thoughts.” Jaejoong claimed the distance separating you too and gripped your shoulders—shaking you quite strongly.

 

“He’s just being kind, Jae. If it weren’t for him, I would still be stuck in traffic, or waiting for a taxi cab.”

 

And it was the truth. If it weren’t for Jaerim being so kind to bring you home, you’ll never make it in time.  Yes, he may seem a little cheeky and arrogant but it’s part of his personality. There was no way either that you’ll develop a deeper relationship of more than friends with him.

 

“Oh so now, you’re defending him.” Jaejoong stood up with a mocking face and started pacing. “What is it that he has that I don’t? A more handsome or smaller face? Is he damn taller? Does he cook better than I do?...” Jaejoong continued with his rant. You didn’t want to let it all sink in your mind and had it all enter and exit from one ear to the other until he dropped a completely absurd one.

 

“Or, maybe, you fancy that outrageous motorcycle he has. As soon as shops open tomorrow, I’ll buy one just so you could ride towards the sunset with your hair flowing in the wind if that’s what you want. And mind you, I am sorry but I will be the rider. Otherwise, phone Jaerim.” He spat the words like acid—full of sarcasm and bitterness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter