XXIII: Familiar Feelings

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past noon then when Jaejoong woke to a sound of vibration. He rubbed his eyes lazily and blinked them open. He was feeling a lot more better after taking a meal and a medicine. As he turned to his side, he saw your peaceful figure dozing off at the edge of the bed.

Jaejoong’s heart warmed up as he noticed your hand that had managed to lie limp beside his head. He remembered you were caressing his hair gently before he slept.

“Sleepy head.” He whispered with a short laugh.

With the strength left in his body, he got up and went to your side. He slid his arms under your neck and behind your knees. He shifted your body to the bed carefully and draped the covers over you. Jaejoong sighed with satisfaction and sat on his side of the bed.

The situation reminded him of the night you got drunk on the Han riverbank.

~flashback~”

“Please let me be your moon.” Jaejoong whispered before closing in the space between the both of you.

However, as he was a few centimeters away, he flicked your forehead and laughed out loud. He clutched his stomach and wiped the tears that managed to drip from laughter. It seemed like he had a fair share of soju too.

Your face was red as beet. In embarrassment, you snatched another bottle of soju from the plastic bag and chugged all its contents down.

“Yah, yah yah yah yah!” Jaejoong held your hand to prevent you from getting another one.

“That was not even funny!” You protested and beat his chest.

“You should’ve seen how red you were and I bet you’d also laugh.” He said and poked your nose.

“YAH!” You scolded. You stood up from your seat and harrumphed away from him, muttering curses in English.

“Hey, wait up! Where are you going?” Jaejoong ran after your swaying figure. You were too drunk to even walk properly. A guy riding a bike with full speed almost hit you but Jaejoong was quick enough to pull you out of the way.

“You are so mean..*hiccup* you’re a jerk.” You pointed at him with creased brows.

“Owhkkayyy. I guess you’ve had enough soju. Let’s go home okay?” He held your wrist when you shook it off protestingly.

“No! *hiccup* I hate you! Why do you have to ask about the past. Don’t you know it hurts? It hurts to love someone who doesn’t even know how you’re truly feeling! And then he left me…Myungsoo left me…” tears streamed down your cheeks and then you started bawling.

People were starting to look toward your direction. Some shot angry glares at Jaejoong which made him really uncomfortable and annoyed.

“Yah! Stop crying. People are looking…” Jaejoong muttered with gritted teeth.

Instead you cried louder and fell to your knees. “WHY?! WHY?! Why did you leave me? *hiccup* I didn’t even do anything wrong. For months I tried hard to contact you. *hiccup* But you never replied to my texts.*hiccup* You never cared!”

 I bet I know what exactly you feel. And you’re so ignorant to know that you’re doing that to me too. Jaejoong thought.

More and more people shot angry looks at Jaejoong.

“Jerk!” A passer-by spat at Jaejoong.

“No, no, no. I’m just her friend!  She’s talking about someone else!” Jaejoong explained desperately.

“What a lame excuse! BOOO!” another jeered.

Jaejoong sighed and squatted to pull you up. “Shh, shh. Okay, okay. Don’t cry.” He held your face and wiped your tears away with his thumb.

“You left me..*hiccup*” You murmured through your tears.

“No, no…” Jaejoong hugged you as you weakly beat his chest again and again. Your tears drenched his shirt but he didn’t care anyway. It’s good that you were pouring your feelings out.

Jaejoong stood there hugging and comforting you until your tears ran out.

“Yeah, that’s right! Take care of your girlfriend!” An elderly said.

I wish she were my girlfriend. She wouldn’t have been hurt like this.

You looked up at Jaejoong wiith swollen eyes and squinted to see his face clearly. Jaejoong smiled at you and swept your hair gently away from your face.

“Feeling any better now?” He asked. You shook your head with a pout. A few seconds later, you started gagging.

“HEY, HEY! NO. NOT AT ME… NO. N-“ too late.

You threw up at Jaejoong.

“Oh , god….” Jaejoong muttered in disbelief.

You grunted as your head spun. You swayed side to side until your body gave up and your vision turned black. Fortunately, Jaejoong was attentive enough to catch you in his arms. He carried you bridal style to the car.

“Aish jincha…Yah, you should have told me you can’t drink.” Jaejoong said as he placed you in a comfortable position on the seat.

Jaejoong drove home and tucked you under the bed—removing your jacket and shoes. Thankfully, the only one who got his clothed messy was Jaejoong.

He went in straight to the shower to clean himself up. Jaejoong  went out of the bathroom with a wet hair, towel around his neck and the lower half of his pyjamas. Afterwards, he fetched a soft cloth and a basin with cold water to sober you up.

Gently, he wiped your face and hands clean.

“Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter