XXVI: Pressured

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Excuse me, I’m visiting room 421?”

 

The nurse at the reception didn’t bother to scan over the names of the patients and looked at you skeptically. “I’m sorry… We were obliged strictly not to let fans inside Kim Jaejoong-ssi’s room. You can leave a message of support though.” She slammed something like a piece of post-its and a slim marker on the counter.

 

You smiled awkwardly at her and politely rejected the offer. Why does everybody seem to think I’m a crazy sasaeng fan?

 

You fished your cellphone out of your pocket and phoned Yunho. He answered after 3 rings. “Yoboseyo? Oppa…I’m on the floor reception. They won’t let me enter.” You sighed in frustration.

 

“I’ll let Junsu come out. Wait a sec.” He replied calmly and ended the call.

 

A few seconds later, Junsu came striding out on the hallway.

 

“~~~-ah!” He called your name—waving his hand above his head. He approached the nurse on duty and explained that you were his brother’s close friend (which he made up).

 

“You should have told me earlier. I really thought you were a fan! They’ve been streaming inside the hospital for hours now! It’s driving me nuts!” She exclaimed as she threw her hands out it in the air out of stress.

 

Junsu smiled sheepishly at her.

 

“Oh and all these gifts! I’ve signed like 50 proof of receiving from mailmen!” She produced several boxes and flowers bearing the “get well soon” message from under the table.

 

You swallowed and hid the paper bag of tteokbokki and fruits you bought on your way behind your back.

 

“I’m sorry, we’re giving you so much trouble.” Junsu smiled sheepishly yet again but the nurse didn’t seem to think that would compensate for all the extra-work she’s doing.

 

With both of you having your arms carry a load of fan gifts, Junsu led the way to Jaejoong’s room which is a few rooms down the left side of the hallway.

 

Yunho opened the door for you to enter. “Another batch? I’d worry by tomorrow there will be no space for us to even walk.” He shook his head as he helped Junsu place the gifts on the far left corner of the room as the opposite was already filled.

 

Jaejoong was lying asleep on the hospital bed with a needle on his left hand connecting to a dextrose hanging over one of the poles. It appears that he seemed to be involved in some minor accident as he was sporting a few scratched on his left arm and two band aids on the left side of his face—one near his cheek bone and one on the jaw.

 

“So, this must be ~~~?” A tall, young looking man inquired with a polite smile as he looked at you with a knowing gaze. You didn’t notice he was standing watch over Jaejoong until he spoke.

 

He knows me? Were they talking about me before I got here?

 

“Ah, ne. That’s right. I’m ~~~. Jaejoong’s personal assistant. Nice to meet you.” You bowed at him.

 

“We finally meet each other. I’m Changmin—I presume you must know me. I was with him when you met each other at the staircase.” He shook your hands with both of his and bowed too.

 

You recognize him. He was that guy whom Yunho ordered to go first as he needed to discuss some matters with you. Apparently, Yunho asked you to choose between being a trainee and working for Jaejoong—for which you still don’t know the reason for.

 

“I was hoping one of us can look after him just over the night. No one can for the moment. His sister will come tomorrow morning straight from her work in Busan. I already skipped my musical rehearsals and I can’t miss another.” Junsu sank down on one of the couch and anxiously looked at the time on his watch.

 

“We’re sorry. Changmin and I just got out of the hook because we told our manager that we’d just eat dinner in Hongdae and will be back after a few hours.Where’s Jae’s manager anyway? And how about Yoochun?” Yunho suggested.

 

“His manager’s handling the media’s eyes. Jaejoong hyung being rushed to the hospital is already all over the internet so he’s basically busy. And Yoochun hyung is shooting until tomorrow afternoon at Busan.” Junsu sighed remorsefully.

 

Three pairs of eyes immediately darted to your direction.

 

“Please, ~~~-ah?” Changmin said with a little pout.

 

“Well, it’s my job isn’t it?” You shrugged and walked over beside the table to place your bag and the food you bought.

 

“Assa!” Junsu cheered.

 

“Thank you ~~~-ah.” Said Changmin gratefully.

 

“~~~-ah, do you mind if we talk outside a bit?” Yunho on the other hand, didn’t seem so thrilled by you staying overnight.

 

Changmin and Junsu shot Yunho a quizzical look but didn’t dare raise a question.

 

“Er…sure.” You replied—your lips feeling dry. Is it possible that he’s jealous? Ji Eun told me a lot about Yunho having affection for Jaejoong and all…

 

Yunho led you over to the rooftop where there were no other people to hear whatever it was that he’s going to say to you. He stood near the edge with his back at you and his hands inside his pocket.

 

“I was just curious if you’ve already made your choice…” Yunho said—expecting you to know over wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter