XXV: Friends

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mwo?!?!?!” Yoochun shouted over the phone. Junsu cringe at his volume and got distracted in his driving. The car behind him honked repeatedly when he almost took a dangerous swerve to the other section of the road.

 

 

“Sorry hyung. Jaejoong hyung is really stubborn for me to stop.” He explained as he looked for signs of Jaejoong’s car on the road. “Aish, jincha Junsu! Make sure you solve this or else he’ll be the catch of news reporters soon.”

 

 

Junsu sighed and hung up. Just then, he thought of something that’s totally crazy. He knew it was improper but he thought that at least he should know. Junsu yet again picked up his phone and dialed a number that he hasn’t contacted for a long time now.

 

 

“Yoboseyo? Hyung…”

 

 

~~~

 

 

You shivered at the cold and rubbed your arms to warm it up. Summer is ending with the autumn breeze making its entrance.  A few weeks from now, school is going to start.

 

 

You sighed in thought of facing a new environment. With your hours overloaded, how will you ever find time for yourself, for training practices and for work? With the mention of work, the image of Jaejoong’s pale face and fragile state entered your thoughts.

 

 

Suddenly, you felt guilty for leaving him. He’s probably cold and weak to move away from his bed.

 

 

Aish… why am I even thinking about him?

 

 

 “Achoo!” You sneezed and covered your mouth.

 

 

A warm cloth was suddenly placed on your shoulders to block the cold wind by a pair of strong arms. You looked up to see Kris with a gentle expression on his face. When he met eyes with you, he smiled mildly and went over to sit by your side.

 

 

“Hi.” You greeted and returned his smile.

 

 

He nodded in reply. The sun has completely set and the city lights of Seoul indeed dazzled amidst the starry night.

 

 

“Tao was right. It really is nice here at night.” Kris’s voice was a bit muffled with a mask on to keep his disguise. He even wore a beanie to cover his blonde hair.

 

 

“Ne…” You agreed with an inhale of gladness. You looked over at Kris to see his eyes brilliantly reflected the city lights. Even with a mask on, you managed to recognize the sharp and handsome features of his face in side view.

 

 

“I’m handsome, right?” he asked with a playful tone.

 

 

“You and Tao are so full of yourselves.” You told him while laughing. Kris laughed along with you—his deep, husky voice vibrating under his mask.

 

 

After that, not a word was heard for a couple of minutes until Kris decided to break the ice.

 

 

“Tao told me that you were crying…” Kris said in a low, careful tone.

 

 

“I was. “ You answered calmly and put up your knees on the bench so that you could hug it.

 

 

Kris chuckled upon hearing your response. You landed a light punch on his shoulder and creased your brows. “Yah, what’s funny with what I’ve said?”

 

 

 “Nothing It’s just that …you never fail to surprise me. Every time I see you, there’s always a different side of you. I’ve seen you frustrated, worried, flustered, and now, calm. Yet, sad.”

 

 

“I’m not sad.” You countered with an offended tone.

 

 

“Then, why were you crying?” He asked with his striking eyes fixated on yours.

 

 

“I cry when I’m emotionally unstable.” You grumbled while playing with the hem of your shirt.

 

 

“Emotionally unstable? Really?” Kris can’t help but laugh again at your response.

 

 

“Yes, I cry when I don’t understand my feelings. “ You said with conviction.

 

 

“And scream. I’ve caught you screaming once. Don’t deny it.” He wagged a finger at you.

 

 

“I won’t” You said in the same tone.

 

 

“So, what made you ‘emotionally unstable’?” Kris asked, deeply interested with what you’re going to say.

 

 

You kept your ips sealed. You’re unsure whether you’re uncomfortable of opening up to him or you would offend him if you will reveal to him the truth.

 

 

“I guess you’re not ready to tell your acquaintance about that y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter