XXXVII: The Kickoff

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been days now.” Ji Eun said out of the blue as she stared at the empty seat in front of you. You followed her eyes and you too began to worry.

 

“It’s because of the rumors.” Hyojin explained to Ji Eun. Apparently, she overheard. “They’re waiting for it to die down before he continues with the activities again.” Hyojin continued.

 

“He’ll be back soon. Don’t worry.” She smiled comfortingly and gave Ji Eun a pat on the shoulders.

 

Ji Eun only sighed and started doodling nonsense on her notebook. Although she doesn’t show it when Myungsoo was around, she actually cares for him. Ever since the interrogation at the roof top, things between them began to go back to normal until Myungsoo began disappearing from class again.

 

Unfortunately, the issue is still spreading like a wildfire—not only in Korea but internationally as well. So much for a hallyu idol. Millions of fans are still waiting for an official confirmation from Jaejoong about Yunho’s statement.

 

~

 

After the training, just like the recent previous nights, you were lying awake and giddy on your bed. For some reason, tonight you felt inexcusably impatient. Softly, you climbed out of your bed and quietly fetched your jacket on the rack. You slid the doors of the balcony open and stood by the rails, propping your elbow against it and placing your chin atop your palms.

 

A few minutes later, a black car pulled over the driveway. Jaejoong suavely got out of the driver’s seat. He looked up and delightfully smiled as he saw you waiting for him. He waved at you charmingly.

 

“Ah, this is nice.” A mist came from Jaejoong’s mouth. He snugly placed an arm around your shoulder and rubbed it to warm you up. You were taking a few minutes of stroll in the park.

 

“It seems like you’re missing me more too every day.” Jaejoong teased, referring to how you waited at the balcony a while ago.

 

You playfully punch his side. “Yah, don’t assume.”

 

“I wonder what made you change. You used to hate me so much.” He raised a suspicious perfectly-shaped eyebrow at you.

 

“Tch.” You simply snickered. You promised Yoochun you would never tell Jaejoong about your conversation with him.

 

“Well I guess you really just can’t resist me.” Jaejoong shrugged, playing his over-confident self excellently.

 

“Ugh, stop being so full of yourself, Jaejoong Ahjussi.” You stood on the tip of your toes and twisted his ear lightly.

 

“Owwww~” Jaejoong overreacted and jutted out his lower lip.

 

“I didn’t even pinch hard!” You laughed at his childish expression.

 

Jaejoong led you to sit on a bench. He pulled you close to his side and gently moved your head to the crook of his neck and rested his head over yours.

 

“I wish it was this easy to be with you in daylight.” Jaejoong complained with a sigh as he played with your fingers.

 

“It will be easy if it was with Ji Hye.” You didn’t know what came to you. The words just came out a mumble. 

 

“Yah, are you perhaps…jealous?” A mocking smile was playing on his lips.

 

“I-I am not…” You flashed beet red. You retrieved your hands that Jaejoong was holding and placed them timidly on your lap.

 

“Aigooooo~” Jaejoong pinched your nose lightly. “My babe’s so cute when she’s jealous.”

 

“It’s just that…Ji Hye seems to be accepted by your fans…when they didn’t know about me yet, they hated me even if they never knew my identity. But when Ji Hye claimed that she was me…Almost everyone seems to be ok-“ Jaejoong shushed you with his index finger and squeezed your face in between his palms

 

“~~~.” He pronounced your name with caress. His eyes bore into yours intently. “I love you. Anyone doesn’t matter. Just you.” You blinked at him innocently and he chuckled heartily.

 

Once again, he let you rest your head on his shoulders.  

 

A few minutes past by in silence. There was no exchange of words needed. Just having each other by their side is more than enough. The bliss both of you felt by just being together and comfortably saying nothing is incomparable to any time with other people.

 

“~~~-ah, if—by any chance…will you go out with me officially? Let's stop with the hiding.” Jaejoong warily asked. After hearing no reply, he continued in panic. “I mean, it’s okay if you don’t want to right now. But maybe in the future…or-“ Jaejoong stopped when he heard the short, shallow breaths coming from your slightly parted lips.

 

He smiled softly and inched closer to place his lips delicately against yours. Slowly, he started to move his lips and press hard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter