XXXIX: Trap

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris lay uncomfortably in his bed. He tossed and turned but just couldn’t find the right position to sleep. There’s nothing wrong with his bed or his pillows. They’re perfectly soft and fluffy.

 

What couldn’t keep him from sleeping was what he overheard a while ago. He never intended to leave when he got out of the staircase. There was really just something off with you and he couldn’t help but figure out what it is.

 

And he was right to have done so. He stayed behind the door and placed his ear closely against it.  Just moments after his pretentious leave, he heard Yunho’s voice.“Wew. I thought that guy’s never going to leave.”

 

He heard everything; from start to end. In between your conversation with Yunho, he wanted so badly to barge in and beat Yunho up to a pulp. But he knew better. If he did so, he wouldn’t have known how evil Yunho’s intentions were. And he found it hard to believe.

 

But he heard for himself. And that was more than enough evidence.

 

Kris didn’t sleep the whole night. Out of uneasiness, the very next morning, he dialed your number. But to his disappointment, the line was off. He quickly dressed up and decided to come see you in your dorm.

 

“Hey, what brings you here?” Hyojin, still in her pajamas, opened the door.

 

“Is ~~~ around?” Kris asked as he reclined his neck to see if there were any sign of you.

 

“No…She left early in the morning.” Hyojin answered while yawning.

 

“Did she perhaps tell you where she’s going?”

 

“All she told me was that she’s going for a walk.” Hyojin shrugged.

 

“Okay, thanks.” Kris immediately ran down the building and searched at the nearby park, cafes and restaurants but you were nowhere to be found. He was near to giving up but then he saw you aboard a bus on route to the Han River.

 

Immediately, he hailed for a taxi. “Ahjussi, please follow that bus.”

 

~

 

Yunho knocked on Ji Hye’s door and pushed the door open. He found Ji Hye still on her bed staring blankly at the ceiling. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was bloated from crying.

 

“Oppa…” Ji Hye whined as Yunho entered.

 

“Ji Hye…” Yunho sighed upon seeing her sister’s condition. He sat on the bedside and Ji Hye’s hair away from her face.

 

“Don’t worry, Ji Hye. Oppa took care of it for you.” Yunho said in a caressing voice and held his sister's hand in his.

 

“But oppa, he likes her.” Ji Hye continued to sulk. Salty tears started b again in her eyes.

 

“Shh, Ji Hye don’t cry. Everything is going to plan.” He wiped his sister’s tears away and helped her up. “But I need your cooperation to fulfill it. Now there’s only one thing left to do.”

 

“What is it oppa?” Ji Hye asked; her curiosity and interest growing by the minute.

 

“Get up, dress nicely and be pretty.” Yunho smiled warmly at her sister. “Though the last one’s already a given.” He his sister’s face lovingly.

 

Ji Hye’s lips pulled up in response to the compliment.

 

“There’s our little girl!” Yunho pinched his sister’s face delightfully. “I promise you, Ji Hye, once this ends, you’ll be smiling forever.” He assured her with a pat on the shoulder.

 

“Thank you so much oppa! You’re the best! I love you.” Ji Hye pulled her brother to a tight embrace.

 

“Anything for you lil’ sis. I love you more” Yunho squeezed her tightly and satisfyingly smiled through the embrace.

 

~

 

Jaejoong was staring at his phone for a couple of hours now. He was waiting impatiently for your call. Every second passing by was a torture for him now. He glanced at the clock and noted that it is near noon now.

 

“She should be awake by now…” Jaejoong murmured to himself and picked up his phone for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter