XLII: Stand by You

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “Hana-ya…Uljima~” Jaejoong hummed in a soothing voice as he carried the baby against his chest and cradled it rapidly. He sighed heavily as the little girl in his arms did not halt from wailing. “Eottoke?” Jaejoong cried as he looked around the room to find something that would comfort the baby.

 

His eyes twinkled at the bottle of milk sitting atop a table. He picked it up and held it close to the baby’s face. “Are you hungry?” Jaejoong asked the infant as he placed the of the bottle against her lips.

 

To his disappointment, Hana shoved the bottle away.

 

It fell on the carpet and spilled. “Aigoo-yaaaaaaahhhhh!!!” Jaejoong stared baffled at the white thick stain that splattered on the expensive rug.

 

The baby suddenly stopped from its fits. It laughed and giggled at Jaejoong’s miserable expression. It caught Jaejoong’s attention and he realized what he needed to do. “You like funny faces, huh?” He asked with a chuckle.

 

Right then, Jaeoong did silly things to his face. He couldn’t count how many stupid expressions he made. As long as it made Hana happy, he’d go with along with it. A while later—when Hana got tired of the funny faces—Jaejoong played peek-a-boo with her.

 

When she got overly cranky, Jaejoong smelled an unpleasant odor coming from her pampers and discovered that she did number two. Jaejoong diligently changed her pampers and washed her bum.

 

After a couple more hours of playing with her, Hana’s eyes finally started drooping. Jaejoong decided that it is time for her nap. He fed her milk and sang her to sleep while rocking her in his arms back and forth.

 

When the baby was finally sound and peaceful in her slumber, he carefully laid her on the stroller. He then went to clean up the mess on the carpet, pick up her toys on the floor and wash her feeding bottles.   

 

After the long labor, Jaejoong slumped on the sofa. “I’m so tired…” He murmured softly as he stared blankly at the ceiling. Jiji came out of nowhere and purred at his feet. Just a few seconds after his vain rest, the doorbell rang. He bolted up from the seat and was on his feet. A grin of freedom spread on his face. “Hana yah ~ Eomma is here” He sang as he ran to answer the door.

 

“Oppa!” Ji Hye exclaimed as Jaejoong opened the door for her.

 

“Annyeong Jiji!” She greeted at the cat that followed Jaejoong. Jiji  just looked up at her and hid behind one of the shoe cabinets.  

 

“How’s Hana?” Jihye asked as she entered the house and looked around for her daughter.

 

“I’ve just put her to sleep. She’s at the living room.” Jaejoong replied while closing the door.

 

Ji Hye rushed to see her baby and saw her sleeping tight with shallow breaths escaping from . “Isn’t she an angel?” She whispered lovingly while the child’s smooth cheek.

 

“Mm-hmm.” Jaejoong hummed in agreement as he crossed his arms proudly on his chest. “Of course, she got her good looks from her uncle Jaejoong.” He said with a pleased wink.

 

“Oh, shut it Jae.” Ji Hye laughed as she punched Jaejoong’s shoulder. He helped her pick up Hana’s bag of essentials and accompanied them to the elevator.

 

“Thank you so much for looking after her when I get housewife day offs.” Ji Hye acknowledged with a grateful smile.

 

“Next time take her to Yunho.” Jaejoong waved his hands teasingly.

 

“You know he’s not that good with kids.” Ji Hye rolled her eyes.

 

“Then much better that he gets to learn as soon as he can.” Jaejoong reasoned back.

 

“Arasseo.” Ji Hye sneered and entered the elevator. “Say Hi to Jaehyun for me. Tell him to take some time off work and spend time with his daughter, Hana.” Ji Hye just nodded briefly at Jaejoong’s remark. They both waved goodbye to each other as the doors came together to close.

 

Jaejoong went back to his penthouse. He looked around the empty house and sighed cheerlessly at how it felt so dull and lonely. He went straight to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He fetched a bottled of soju and cracked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter