XXIX: Three Wishes

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, will you please stop drinking?” Junsu pried the glass of strong alcohol off Jaejoong’s hands and slammed it angrily on the counter. “You’re only making things worse with what you’re doing.” He followed up as he looked worriedly at his drunken hyung.

 

“I’ve never seen him drink this much since the group split up.” Yoochun sighed heavily. He eyed Jaejoong who had his head lolling forward.

 

“They *hic* said…if you *hic* love someone, you’ve got *hic* to set them free.” Jaejoong muttered sluggishly as he stared blearily at the bottle of wine in front of him. “So, that’s the reason why you let her go and ended the contract? All because of a stupid quote?” Junsu asked exasperatedly.

 

“Why did you let her go without explaining—without proving yourself right? That you didn’t ever do what she blamed against you?” Yoochun took his turn to ask the questions. There were many questions in his mind. And he can’t believe that Jaejoong was in this state just because of you. To be fair, Jaejoong could snatch up just any woman in this bar.

 

“Because…*hic* I was *hic*…” Jaejoong was not able to continue with his response. A girl came around from the table near theirs. “Hi, I’ve been eyeing you guys for a while. And I can’t help but recognize you three. I’m a huge fan!”

 

“Why, thank you. But I guess it’s not the right time for fan meetings or signs. As you can see, Our hyung’s not in his right mind.” Junsu politely said to the girl and shot a glare at Jaejoong who was gaping at her.

 

“~~~? What are you *hic* doing here?” Jaejoong groggily stood from his seat—looking stunned.

 

“Yah, hyung!” Yoochun hissed as he stood from his seat too.

 

Jaejoong pulled the girl to seat beside him and placed an arm around her. Their random guest couldn’t have been anymore delighted in that position. “Hyung!” Junsu protested as he pulled on Jaejoong’s arm. The latter just shook it away and pushed Junsu to the side.

 

He placed his lips near her ear. "I thought you'd never come back. I thought I'd never see you again. I'm sorry. Please give me another chance. " Out of the blue, Jaejoong advanced on her. He was on the verge of placing his lips against hers but Yoochun was quick to pull Jaejoong away.

 

“Are you insane?!” He yelled at him while groping his arm tightly. “Stop this! You’re making such a fool of yourself!” Yoochun had him now by the collar. Junsu eventually broke up the two and decided it was best to bring Jaejoong back to his penthouse.

 

~

 

“Oh…my god. I swear I’m going to kill him once he lands in front of my eyes!” Ji Eun nearly ripped the newspaper she was holding. The top showbiz news was Jaejoong’s picture being all touchy with an unknown girl in an exclusive club.

 

She quickly dialed your number and after a few rings, you answered. “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Yah, ~~~, are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

 

“Uh, I guess so. Why? Is there something that should make me less fine?” You asked sarcastically.

 

“Uh, no. Just don’t read the newspaper. Or watch the news. Okay? Promise me!” Ji Eun prompted.

 

“Why?” You inquired curiously.

 

“Just don’t. Promise me! Promise me that you won’t ever read or watch or look at the news. Just for today, please. Trust me.” Ji Eun begged. She was so stupid to be so obvious but she had to be.

 

“Is it about him?” Busted.

 

It was a pain how you can’t bring yourself to mention his name anymore. It just makes you angrier—and sadder.

 

“Yes.” Ji Eun admitted with a defeated sigh.

 

“Okay. I promise.” You nearly whispered the words and ended the call. You solemnly looked at your sling bag which constantly contained the brown envelope he sent over to you. Right in front of you though, is the cafe where you first met him. It had been almost 3 months since then.

 

The fall season has started early this late August. It is a weekend and you are at Gangnam area heading to an ATM to withdraw some money and buy warm clothing.

 

Upon checking your account, you were surprised to see the significant increase in digits. From your 4 digit savings, you now had a 7 digit total amount of money in your account. The company doesn’t give that much allowance. In utter confusion, you immediately proceeded to the bank for inquiries.

 

“The money was deposited a week ago. It’s stated in our records that this is your salary, Ms. ~~~.” The teller informed.

 

You walked out dumb-founded. Jajeoong paid you more than promised. And just exactly what is the reason behind that, you didn’t know. You guessed he just had too much money to give. But you didn’t need it—you didn’t want it.

 

Now that you’re training under S.M., you’re fully provided with education and daily needs. And so, you ought to return it.

 

As you were walking in a daze, you bumped into someone on the road. You quickly bowed in apology but was surprised to see who it was. “What a coincidence to meet you here. I was on my way for some lunch. Do you care coming with me?” Kris offered so kindly that you couldn’t reject. Soon, you were both in an expensive restaurant.

 

“You shouldn’t have…” You sulked at Kris who insisted on randomly treating you again for another meal. “I’ll let you pay in another way. I have two tickets now. One for the last time and one for today.” Kris reminded.

 

“How exactly do you want me to pay you back?” It’s still a frustration for you not being able to pay him back. You owe him twice now and you’re not exactly comfortable with it.

 

“Well, how about you grant me wishes?” Kris suggested as he leaned forward and placed his chin over his interlaced fingers.

 

“That depends on what they are. I can’t give you a castle for one.”

 

Kris chuckled. “Don’t worry, I won’t ask for the impossible.”

 

Your orders arrived shortly. And as you ate together, you also talked. “So, what brings you here?”

 

“I went to a nearby ATM to withdraw. The dorm is around this the area. I’m planning to go to Hongdae to buy myself some warm clothes. How about you?”

 

“Well, I was just going for a walk and decided to have my lunch around here.” Actually, Kris was on his way to your dorm. He knew from Tao that you haven’t returned his jacket yet and he found that a perfect excuse to see you. Tao wanted to tag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter