XXXVIII: Execution

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly and one by one, your fingers shaped itself upon the cold doorknob. They never settled on it securely. You didn’t know what was coming but neither it be good or bad, you have a feeling that it’s going to be tragic. With excessively trembling hands, you pushed the door and it screeched open in response.

 

You were puzzled to see Kris sitting on the middle stair. “ Hey, you came. ” In contrary, he expected to see you. You looked around but didn’t see any sign of Yunho.

 

“Hey, uhm, did you perhaps, see Yunho-sunbaenim?” You inquired.

 

“Uhm, no. Why? Are you supposed to meet him too?” He raised an eyebrow. He knew about the issue and could only be suspicious about you looking for him.

 

“No, nevermind.” You spoke so quickly and lied to cover it up but it only made you more obvious. “Wait, did you say ‘meet him too?’” Your mind boggled with the addition of the adverb in Kris’s question.

 

“Did you receive my text message?” Well, this is fishy. If she didn’t come for me, then…

 

Immediately, you fished your phone out of your pocket and noticed a message notification coming for Kris. He did tell you to come meet him at the staircase.  What a coincidence you thought to yourself.

 

“I did receive it. Sorry, I’m really out of my mind right now.” You let out a nervous laugh.

 

“It’s fine. Maybe we could talk some other day. I just came back from China as well.” Kris stood up and patted your shoulder. He managed to give you a warm smile but in truth, he was upset. Afterwards, he pushed the door open and left.

 

“Whew. I thought that guy’s never going to leave.” Yunho descended from two flights of staircase. Apparently he has been there waiting for you longer than you thought.

 

“It seems like Kris fancies you too.” He stopped just a foot away from you.

 

“I wonder….what is it about you ~~~, that they like?” He your face from your cheek to your chin with his index finger. You didn’t like the feeling about how Yunho is acting and sounding so mischievous.

 

“What is it that you have which Ji Hye doesn’t?” He continued, lifting your face up by your chin with the same finger he your cheek with.

 

“What do you want from me?” You simply couldn’t hold it anymore. It felt like you were being looked down to by him with the way he’s speaking and touching you. You asked him with gritted teeth and slapped his hand away.

 

Yunho showed evident surprise at how you reacted but quickly regained his composure. He let out an amused laugh. “I see.” His perfect lips tugged at a corner to form a smirk.

 

“In case you haven’t noticed, I have been playing quite a bit of a good boy role these past days.” He leaned against the door—obviously forcing you to listen to whatever he has to say and losing your chance of a quick escape.

 

“I waited patiently for Jaejoong to make his decision; to play along with my lie or claim all I said was a fraud and expose you.” With this, he pointed a finger at you. “However, his time is up. And unfortunately, he didn’t have any decision made. So, I’ll decide for him.” Yunho crossed his arms on his chest and by vile, his gaze grew darker.

 

“You will leave his side forever.” Yunho declared in a voice so determined and ruthless.

 

“You can’t make me.” Your hands were balled into fists and tears were b on your eyes brought by the animosity he managed to pull out of your feelings by belittling you.

 

“Oh I bet I can. And I will.” His voice was so relaxed and confident that you believed it.

 

“You have been nothing but a nuisance. If I were you, I wouldn’t be able to lift my head as high as you do. Haven’t you realized what you’ve done so far? You have been ruining your friend’s career. Myungsoo’s fanbase has plummeted by a million after sacrificing himself to protect you.” He stabbed another accusing finger at you.

 

“ And that wasn’t all. Because Jaejoong couldn’t make a stupid statement about the issue, he’s been losing offers—Variety shows, concerts, shooting and most important and particularly, the lead role in Spy.” Yunho’s words felt like sulfur burning down your defense to expose your guilt.

 

You gasped audibly. You knew that drama could have been the breakthrough in his acting career. Jaejoong has expressed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter