XXVIII: Hurting

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong had no words to say. How can he say something when inside him, a mix of bliss and heartache was churning. Nothing you said about him was true. He kept that information from you because he never wanted you away from him. He never admitted but he might just have to say that he is selfish.

 

He was sincere all this time. He never knew the reason why he can’t keep you away from him—why he didn’t fire you when it was so easy for him to find another. Jaejoong has overtime succumbed to the knowledge of his feeling of likeness towards you. And that wasn’t the end. Because he knew that it was more than fond when he started caring so much for you and found time through his busy schedules just for you.

 

Just then, you turned your back to leave—tears spilling endlessly from your doleful eyes. But before you could reach the door, Jaejoong caught up and snatched a hold of your arm. He swiftly turned you to face him and did what he wanted to do most.

 

He swooped down and pressed his warm lips against yours. Your lips tasted salty from your tears but to him it tasted sweet—perfect. He never felt this purest joy in his life—the want to hold you this close and share his affections without having to say it in words.

 

But the moment didn’t last long. You pulled away from him and raised your hand to slap him hard across the face but it fell softly against his cheek. “Please. Stop all this. You’re only hurting me worse.” You said in a pained, hoarse voice. You turned and finally walked out of the room leaving Jaejoong for the umpteenth time but in a more broken and shattered state than ever.

 

~

 

Weeks passed. You moved out all your things from his penthouse that very night.

 

You continued training but functioned as if you were on autopilot. You eat, train and sleep. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything was a duty. Nothing you do anymore touched your feelings. Once again, you kept your heart close to yourself.

 

Yunho knew that you’ve quit working for Jaejoong. He couldn’t be anymore delighted. He approached you one time at the corridor and gave you a pat on the shoulder. “You did the right thing,” were his only words of compliment.

 

Kris and Tao has remarkably noticed you’ve changed. And they were quick to come to your aid. They found you on the staircase where you usually sit and keep to yourself.

 

“Hey, what’s the matter?" Tao asked worriedly. He sat by your side and placed an arm around your shoulder. Kris’s eyes twitched at the close proximity between you two but decided to let it pass.

 

“Was it that rude woman in the café? She’s really going to get it from me one of these days.“ Tao stretched his knuckles while speaking about Ji Eun so heatedly.

 

“It’s not Ji Eun. She really is my best friend.” You smiled softly at Tao.

 

“Wait, I feel being left out. Who’s Ji Eun?” Kris asked curiously.

 

“I told you about her. She’s that woman who so bravely insulted me at the café.” Tao said distastingly and frowned at the disturbing memory.

 

“Oh, I remember! That girl who said you had remarkable eye bags. And that you look gangly and ragged. Oh, and pointed out that your pants’ zipper was open.” Kris shook in laughter while Tao bore holes in his head.

 

“Your dorm mates told me you’re acting like a zombie. All you do is eat and sleep. Li even said that you’re starting to creep her out.” Tao addressed the words to you.

 

“We noticed that you’re acting quite dull. Is there a problem? You could tell us you know. After all were a family at some point. We live and shared the same dreams under one roof.” Kris gave you a friendly smile and patted your hand.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I just miss home. I’ll get over it after some time.” You returned his smile quite weakly and was sad that you had to put u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter