XLI: Separation and Waiting

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“W-what?” Changmin looked at him with a dazed expression. Kris was huffing from the run he just had.

 

“Please, I really need it Sunbaenim! I don’t have much time either!” Kris pleaded as he glanced at the running time on his watch.

 

“I just can’t give it out like that, it’s his personal information!” Changmin replied, refusing to give in.

 

“Look, Changmin Sunbaenim, I would do anything to get it.” Kris offered as he held him by the shoulders and stared sincerely straight into his eyes.

 

“Why? What exactly do you need it for?” He just can’t understand why Kris was so eager to get it.

 

“Look! ~~~ is leaving any moment now. She’s moving out of the country! If you don’t give it to me now, they’ll never see each other again!” Kris explained exasperatingly to Changmin, throwing his hands up in the air out of frustration.

 

“What?!” Changmin’s eyes popped out. “You should have told me earlier!” Changmin immediately fished his cellphone out of his pocket and rummaged his contacts list for the particular number.

 

“Aish!” Kris ruffled his hair in annoyance. He could’ve saved time if it weren’t for Changmin’s earlier refusal.

 

“Here you go.” Changmin handed him his cellphone. Kris quickly copied the number on his.

 

“Jeongmal Kamsahamnida Changmin Sungbaenim!” He bowed a perfect ninety-degree angle in a rush manner.

 

“You’re welcome. Now go call him and catch ~~~.” Changmin patted Kris’s shoulder and smiled as an encouragement.

 

“Ne!” Kris nodded briefly and sped off to get out of the building.

 

As he was waiting for a taxi, he dialed your number.

 

The owner picked up in a few rings. “Yoboseyo, ~~~ ? Where are you right now? ” Kris asked the other line warily.

 

~

 

Jaejoong was at the dressing room. Today, he was scheduled to do an interview regarding his confirmation statement with Jung Ji Hye.

 

Jaejoong stared at the mirror with dead eyes. His face was sullen and showed no much more expression. He also seemed to have gotten thinner and pale. Ever since that day you ended your relationship with him, he couldn’t find any reason to live.

 

Even though you two only spent a few months together, he couldn’t go back to the way he was when you still weren’t in his life. It became unimaginable for him to live without you. Every second of every minute, your name would cross his thoughts.

 

Everything around him reminds him of you. At times he would be delusional, seeing other girls as you but end up mistaken when they turn around and it is not your face that would smile—more often sneer—at him.

 

“Omona Jaejoong-ssi, did you not sleep last night?” Luna, his make-up artist asked as she saw the dark circles shadowing Jaejoong’s eyes.

 

Jaejoong did not respond. He was simply mum about everything. He would only talk when Yunho told him too. He has become his puppet. For your sake, for your protection, he kept up with this treatment. Otherwise it would be the end for you and your dreams.

 

“Jaejoong-ssi, wae irae?” Luna pouted in frustration. She has finished Jaejoong’s make-up but he did not look any better. “Smile even just a little. You make my make-up skills look like a fraud.” She whined.

 

“She’s right, you have to look happy. You’ll be facing the camera with your girlfriend beside you.” Yunho stood by the door with Ji Hye by his side.

 

Jaeoong’s eyes shifted at Yunho’s reflection at the mirror. He stared at him grudgingly and smiled mockingly. His lips did pull up but it did not reach his eyes. Yunho clucked his tongue and shook his head disapprovingly.

 

He approached Jaejoong suavely and leaned against the dressing table with his arms crossed.  “This won’t do. Maybe you need a little motivation.” Yunho scoffed and his chin slyly.

 

“Aha!” He pulled a picture out of his pocket and slammed it on the table. “Ain’t I being a good boy? But just for today, okay, Jae? ” Yunho crooned in a honey coated voice and patted Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

The photograph that was laid on the table was of Jaejoong kissing you at the park bench. You were sleeping then, and he was teasing you awake. Upon seeing this, Jaejoong’s heart pounded painfully against his ribs. He couldn’t help the heat of his blood flowing through his fists. In a short second, he grabbed Yunho by the collar—something he often does nowadays.

 

Luna gasped in shocked.

 

“Oppa!” Ji Hye ran to them and held Jaejoong back by the arm.

 

But this time, Jaejoong did not bulge. He shook Ji Hye’s grasp away and was breathing heavily—his fist aimed to land hardly on Yunho’s face. “Go on, hit me. You know the consequences.” Yunho taunted while leaning away from Jaejoong.

 

All of a sudden, Jaejoong’s cellphone rang—breaking the violent atmosphere. He shoved Yunho brutally—making the man fall on the ground. Ji Hye ran to his brother’s side. “Oppa, gwenchana?” She asked worriedly.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter