XVI: The Moon

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It was around 8 o’clock in the evening and you were waiting to catch the next bus on the way to Jaejoong’s penthouse. The summer night was unusually cold and you were somewhat thankful that Jaejoong chose a shirt that’s warm enough.

The first day of being an S.M. trainee was alright. In every class, there is a good friend to find. The teachers were also kind but undeniably strict when they need to be. Being a trainee again refreshes the memories you had with Myungsoo.

It aches to think about the times when you were with him. He was the person who helped you in finding your true passion. He was always there to support you and be a wall to protect you.

Coming to Korea was a huge and careless decision for your parents. However, you didn’t know you will come this far holding on to the dream of performing. Kpop wasn’t even a genre you mastered. However, you were willing to learn and venture just to fulfil what you want—to perform.

And that’s when Myungsoo came in. When he knew about your dream, he immediately brought you to Woollim entertainment where he trains.

He taught you that the desires of the heart would never cease from burning. If you want something, get up on your feet and start doing something to reach it. Walk, Run, crawl if you have to. And when you’re travelling through your dream, it is now undeniable that you are successful.

It didn’t matter if you reached the finish line. Because in dreaming, there is no finish line. You never stop dreaming. Success doesn’t determine your happiness. It’s happiness that measures your success. If you’re happy, you’re successful.

But it wasn’t long then when Myungsoo was suddenly gone. He was suddenly out of your reach. These motivations came crumbling down when the one who taught you of it drifted away like a wind. Myungsoo was now someone who’s a simple memory. Once was there, now gone—leaving a deep, painful scar that held memories behind.

You didn’t notice the tear trickling down from your cheek. Soon, you began to cry. Your eyes got blurry from the salty droplets pouring out from your face.

The streetlights seem to have collided as the stars gathered and multiplied.

Your small, cold hands and trembling lips Able to carry on as if nothing has happened Are you afraid of remembering someone?
Struggling to swallow the words bubbling up to your lips

“Ugh, Why am I even crying?” You muttered to yourself and wiped the tears away with the back of your hand. But you can’t help the sobs that kept coming up to your throat.

After a few minutes, people going home from work came crowding at the bus stop. It forced you to stop the tears from flowing. At least you still had the sense of embarrassment in spite all these. After all, you’re still a strong person. Holding yourself together became a skill after getting different shots of pain.

The bus arrived shortly. As you were about to get on, your phone rang simultaneously. You fished your phone from your pocket and deliberately answered the call that is from the jerk king himself.

“What?” You answered, placing the phone against your ear. Your voice came out thick so you dry-coughed to remove the tears in your voice.

“Don’t ride that bus, I’m right around the corner.” Jaejoong muttered quickly and revved his engine. All this time, he was watching you from afar, breaking his own heart upon seeing you shed tears.

Jaejoong ended the call and drove to your location. He was just a curve away from the bus stop.

You stared at the beeping line and gazed at the bus driver who was waiting for you to get on.

“You getting on?” The driver asked.

You shook your head with pursed lips in reply. Alas, the driver closed the doors and drove out of your sight. Just as the bus was gone, a familiar white bentley gtc pulled up in front of you with a screech.

Jaejoong rolled down the window and leaned over the passenger seat.

“Get in.” He commanded and rolled the window up again.

You smirked at his stiff mood and pulled open the passenger door.

The car drive was silent. Jaejoong’s usual speed driving took a whole lane of the highway. Glancing over at Jaejoong, you remembered his words on the phone.

“Don’t ride that bus, I’m right around the corner.”

You wondered how he knew you were going to ride a bus at that moment. Was he watching you? If he was, since when was he there? Did he just see you crying?

The questions drifted away as you’ve noticed the unfamiliar city lights and buildings. Jaejoong’s penthouse was way past this road.

“Kidnap someone else. As you know, I don’t have any money.” You said to Jaejoong whose eyes fixed to yours from the road.

“Who says anything about kidnapping? And, I’m too rich and fabulous to kidnap anyone.” Jaejoong said with a conceited chuckle.

“Then why aren’t we heading home?”

“I didn’t say I’d take you home. And you chose to ride, so don’t ask where we’re going.” He answered with an annoying shrug.

You rolled your eyes at his philosophical reply. You were sure that at that moment, this jerk’s scheming something crazy again. He was cripple-minded enough not to remember that you still have to train tomorrow and he has a shooting to attend to.

You glanced at the digital clock and it read quarter to 9. Just where was he planning to bring you at this hour?

~

“The Han River?” You asked, with your mouth agape.

The place was beautiful. Over to the other side of the river, billions of city lights sparkled and buildings raced with each other to reach the sky. Crossing the river was a huge bridge connecting the land that was separated by the calm body of water.

There were a count of people—mostly lovers enjoying the view of the night. Some elderly people also stood by to watch the stars above that competed with the artificial lights. The fountains that were bursting with different hues would earn delightful gasps and awe from the people witnessing its wonder.

“Yep.” He said, popping his lips at the ‘p’. Jaejoong removed his seatbelt and put on his disguise of mask and beanie.

“So, you’ve already decided to kill me by drown.” 

“I really don’t understand your malicious and suspicious thinking. I think it’s time now for you to know that I am a very kind and angelic person.” He checked his self on the rear view mirror, fixed his bangs and muttered, “Still handsome as ever.

You snickered at his statement and watched as he went out the car bringing a plastic bag that he got from under his seat. Jaejoong spread his arms in the air and ran to the steps on the edge of the river like a child enjoying the first day of summer vacation.

He took a deep breath and heaved it out with a happy scream. “Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahaha.” His husky voice vibrated with laughter. He then turned to your direction and grinned widely, ushering you with his hand to join him.

Rolling your eyes, you unbuckled your own seatbelt and headed out. Unlike Jaejoong, you mesmerized every step dreamily. You sure drowned—drowned in bliss of the majestic bustling lights of the city of Seoul.

Jaejoong gazed at you with affection. He sighed in contentment—no, it was more than contentment. He was jubilant. He was ecstatic. He never knew that a single girl could be his azure. Of all the things he could point out to be beautiful, it was you that he found best.

As your smile slowly formed on your lips, as the innocent awe clouded your pain, Jaejoong’s heart jumped in delight. He liked it when you smile. Pain didn’t fit you. You deserve to be happy. He loved it. He loves your smile. Everything in you, of you, from you was a sweet taste of splendor to him.

Jaejoong patted the seat on the step that was next to him, telling you to sit.

A while ago, you can’t believe that you found yourself blushing upon meeting Jaejoong’s eyes. As soon as your gazes came in contact, he immediately retrieved his, which boiled disappointment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter