XL: Cut

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were sitting on the same spot Jaejoong and you had when you first went to the Han River. You smiled ruefully at the memories you shared here. Though you don’t remember much of it , you knew that at that time your heart was already beating for him

 

When your feelings started for him, you never really knew. He might have had you at first sight.

 

Tears started forming in your eyes. It is undeniable that you love this guy. He was there by your side when you cried. He was there to make you laugh, to make you happy. In every moment you needed someone, he was there.

 

Brick by brick, he brought down the walls you built to protect your cold heart. You knew to yourself that it was hard but he didn’t give up. He was able to reach your heart and loved you sincerely. He’s the owner of your heart.

 

Out of longing, you fished your cellphone out which was off since yesterday night. You knew you would yearn to call him but you didn’t want to because hearing his voice would only make it harder for you to leave. But now, you were dying to hear it. You want to mesmerize and remember how it sounds and bring with you the memory of it.

 

You pressed its on button and dialed his number. On your right ear, you placed the device and waited for him to answer. With every ring, your heart pounded louder—anticipating his slightly husky voice and fruity laugh.

 

After several rings, to your disappointment, the line was cut. You tried reaching his line again but were answered by a machine telling the number is unavailable at the moment.

 

You sighed morosely and gave up.

 

Amidst your knowledge, Kris was silently watching you from behind. He couldn’t bring his feet to you. Somehow, he knew that he was no help. Even if he were to comfort you, it wasn’t really him whom you need.

 

After a few more minutes, you wiped your salty tears away, stood up and went for a walk. Eventually, you found yourself at the café where you first met Jaejoong.

 

The memory flashed in your mind like it was fresh from yesterday. You remembered how you despised him and swore that you’ll beat him up someday. It’s ironic how these turned completely upside down.

 

You entered the café and ordered your favorite cup of coffee. Kris followed along hidden and ordered a cup for himself. You went and sat at the same spot where Jaejoong toppled over you. Today was a day of reminiscing.

 

Just nearby the café, there was an electronic billboard showing a live feed of the news. You were completely spacing out when a name particularly called your attention. Your head turned at the huge monitor and saw Jaejoong’s face on the screen.

 

“Kim Jaejoong finally admitted his relationship with Jung Yunho’s sister!” read the headline.

 

The mix of feelings that brewed in your heart was so hurtful that it was impossible to describe each. All you know is that it brought the worst pain you encountered. For the second time around, you are heartbroken. And this time, it is incomparable to all of the heartaches you have experienced.

 

Your eyes were glued on the screen. You couldn’t take it off. Everything about it felt so wrong. You know that Jaejoong was loyal to you. But why? Why did he do that? Why would he commit himself to a lie? Then it all came to you. Just like you, Yunho must have laid a threatening card upon him too.

 

Just then, a pair of hands covered your eyes.

 

“Watching would only make your pain worse.” You recognized Kris’s voice right away. You removed his hands gently with yours and looked up at him.

 

He smiled at you and pulled you up from your chair. He held you by hand and led you away from the source of pain.

 

“I heard it all…” Kris confessed. His feet brought the both of you to the same park where you told him the truth about you.

 

“I heard everything Yunho said to you.” He continued with a remorseful voice.

 

You gazed at him with perplexed eyes. “H-how?”

 

“I didn’t leave right away. I knew something was off. If there’s anything, I bet that Yunho also threatened Jaejoong to make him lie.” Kris’s eyes squinted and his knuckles stretch tight into white.

 

“I know…” You sighed deadly.

 

“Then why? Why are you keeping silent? You should fight ~~~!” Kris shook you by the shoulders.

 

“I can’t. Kris, me stepping up for myself will just make things worse. You heard Yunho.”

 

“Then, are you leaving?” Kris whispered in an almost inaudible voice.

 

You looked away from him and kept your mouth shut. Kris’s eyes widened in disbelieve. He quickly got on his knees and held both of your hands.  

 

“~~~, please don’t leave!” Kris begged, his face and eyes were strong with plead.

 

“Kris, I need to.” The words came out unwantedly.

 

“What about me? Your friends? Ji Eun? Hyojin, Rina and Li?”

 

“I’ll be hurting you and them more if I don’t leave.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter