VIII: Knowing

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Tell me everything in detail--- in DETAIL."

Ji Eun demanded, with her eyes glittering like diamonds. 

You sighed; heavy and tired.

“He cooked lunch, we ate, someone came, and then I left.”

Ji Eun pounded her fist on the coffee table.

“I said, in detail unless, you want to deal with my ultra-fists?”

You placed your hands before you protectively, as if to block any attempted blow from Ji Eun.

“Okay, okay. Calm down. I don’t understand why you want to hear the whole story. It’s just rubbish.”

Ji Eun raised her fists, aiming.

You sighed again and plopped your head on the table.

“Why did I have you as a friend?” You mumbled desperately.

~flashback of what happened a while ago~

“Yunho?” Jaejoong asked in a soft voice, ultimately shocked.

You felt the tension between the two of them; It was seriously intense. Like, infinitely intense.

“I heard you dropped by the recording studio where Changmin and I were.” Yunho sounded accusing, like it was a terrible mistake to go to a normal recording studio.

Jaejoong nodded in response.

“What were you doing in there? I thought I said we’ll arrange my schedules to meet you. We’re not allowed to bump into each other yet, remember?”

Yunho said, like he was lecturing a 3 year old.

“Look Yunho, I didn’t go there to look for you. I know the rules. In fact, I’ve memorized them after reading it over and over again. I didn’t know that SM staffs were there.” Jaeoong reasoned, adding some hand gestures to effectively explain.

“That’s the point, if you will always be assuming and be ever so careless, another law suit might just be hanging around the corner, waiting to get in the line!”

Yunho is infuriated now. You didn’t know what to do. You stood there awkwardly, watching them quarrel with each other.

 “Err, I should go now. My pet hamster hasn’t eaten yet.”

The words came out of your mouth unintentionally. Without thinking, you just blurted it out. You regretted it of course. You yourself admitted that it was so stupid.

It was supposed to be, “I may be interrupting this conversation. It will be best if I leave.” Instead, those idiotic words of feeding a non-existent poor hamster were the ones that came out of your mouth. How you want to slap yourself and muffle your upcoming embarrassed squeal with a pillow.

Jaejoong looked at you incredulously, thinking how so deeply, dramatically, overly, naïve you certainly are.

“No, I will give you a ride home.”

Jaejoong said decisively, firm and honest.

“Are you dating her? Jaejoong, she’s too young! What are you doing? Have you gone crazy after the band split? You better straighten up your attitu-“

“Yunho, stop it, okay? She’s just my assistant, nothing special.”

Jaejoong replied, clearly irritated.

You don’t know why, but his words kind of hurt you.

Nothing special? Sure, I’m nothing but your slave. Idiotic, lunatic, arrogant, stupid, freak man!

“But, she’s a minor!” Yunho scolded Jaejoong, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

“You definitely have keen and sharp eyes. I myself wouldn’t know she’s a minor in this get up.”

Jaejoong muttered humorously, trying to break the tension.

You glared at Jaejoong and kicked his shins with your arms crossed. Jaejoong howled in pain and bent over to rub his aching leg.

“This is seriously not funny. You could be accused of abusing minors, Jaejoong!”

“Yunho, this is none of your business. In fact, I’m being kind here, helping her to earn back her tuition fee.”

Jaejoong countered in a calm and convincing manner.

“Like it wasn;t your fault that I lost hold of it.” You mumbled unhelpfully.

“Would you kindly explain to me everything?” Yunho asked, finally lowering his tone and voice.

Jaejoong just shook his head sideways, being stubborn.

“If you don’t want to explain, it’s fine with me. She will explain.”

Yunho grabbed your arm without hesitation and pulled you to the exit.

“Jugiyo! (Excuse me/Wait)” you protested and tried to work your way out of Yunho’s grip; however, his grip is just stronger than all your womanly power combined.

“Aish jeongmal! Why do I have to be dragged along all day?”

You muttered irritably, feeling like a helpless rag doll.

Without any warning, Jaejoong grabbed your other hand, making Yunho glare at him. Jaejoong retaliated, shooting him a very cold and warning look.

“You are NOT taking her anywhere.”

Jaejoong tightened his grip on you, so as Yunho. They wouldn’t know it but it actually hurts.

Is this a freaking drama scene? This is not working for me. They’re both just as narrow minded as each other.

“Could both of you please let go of me?”

You gathered all your kindness and patience to say those few words. You’re really angered and pestered by their childish acting. You’re not even supposed to be involved in their fight. You hated Yunho for involving you and despised Jaejoong for being so stubborn.

Both of them didn’t move an inch, as if they didn’t hear anything.

“Now?!”

You demanded, seriously mad for their rude behavior.

Jaejoong and Yunho exchanged meaningful glares and tension filled the air. You waited impatiently as both of them measured each other’s intensity. Finally, Yunho loosened his grip by a fraction. Until after 5 seconds, Yunho finally released your hand.

“Thank you,” you said sincerely to Yunho. However, he didn’t seem to appreciate it. His eyes were still stuck on Jaejoong’s face, glaring.

You turned your own eyes to Jaejoong and questioned him by raising a brow. He’s being infinitely stubborn in not letting go of your hand. 

“Stop it. This isn’t going anywhere. We’re just making a huge ruckus, degrading our own dignity.”  Yunho muttered bitterly.

You almost nodded. Yunho’s right.

 At least he’s not as cripple-minded as Jaejoong is.

Jaejoong finally lost hold of your hand. He crossed his arms across his chest and sighed irritably.

“Yunho, I didn’t give you my pass code just for you to intrude whenever you wanted.”

The three of you sat around the dining table awkwardly. You didn’t know who Yunho is. With the way he acted just a while ago, you didn’t like him. But it doesn’t matter to him because he doesn’t like your presence in there either.

“So now, in plain Korean, would you explain to me why you’re keeping a minor to work for you?”

Yunho asked, now calmer.

Jaejoong hesitated for a moment, deciding whether he should admit the truth or not. He’s torn between telling his bestfriend the truth or protecting himself by making up some story that Yunho would buy.

Finally, he spoke.

“I hired her because I honestly need an English teacher; she’s fluent with the language. Also, I believe I have to make up for the first time we met. I destroyed her laptop for spilling coffee on it.”

Jaejoong explained as short as that---leaving the other details behind like, accusing you of a sasaeng and the loss of your other belongings. He told almost half the truth.

Yunho was clearly not satisfied. He waited for a few more seconds, trying if Jaejoong will say more. To his disappointment, that was all. An explanation of two sentences was clearly not enough except for Jaejoong. Yunho then turned to you, searching your eyes to see if it reflected honesty. You were good at keeping secrets and you knew that at that moment, you aren’t allowed to say anything at all. It makes you feel deeply deprived of your freedom of speech. You wanted so much to just blabber out how lunatic Jaejoong’s actions and accusations were.

The situation might be of turn of tables if you didn’t find your wage from Jaejoong high and fair enough to sustain your needs.

“Is that all? Nothing more?” Yunho turned again to Jaejoong, throwing those questions.

Jaejoong nodded too innocently, making Yunho’s eyes tight and measuring.

“Seriously, that’s all.”Jaejoong said defensively.

“For how long do you want to keep her?” Yunho asked, gesturing at you with his chin.

Jaejoong thought again, a crease forming between his brows, crumpling his forehead. It took him a while to answer this. Clearly, he never thought of that.

“I honestly don’t know. “ J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter