Chapter 9

The Only Exception

Kai stopped the engine of the car once he parked in front of the apartment building. He stepped out of the car and Kyungsoo followed. They both walked to the back of the car and Kai opened the trunk. They pulled out the bags with Kyungsoo's things then Kai shut the trunk. They walked to the building and walked inside toward the elevator. Once they got up to Kai's floor, Kai quickly opened the door and let Kyungsoo go in first. He took his shoes off with the bags still in his hands. 

"Put everything in my room", Kai told Kyungsoo and he walked to the bedroom with Kyungsoo. They put all of his things on the floor on the far side of the room. Kyungsoo sighed once they were done. Thoughts were flying around Kyungsoo's head, giving him a really bad headache. He knew the woman his father was now with would tell him that he was there. He just didn't know if his father would go looking for him or not. He hoped that his father wouldn't because once he saw Kyungsoo, he would pound him until he lost consciousness and his previous bruises weren't fully healed yet. The thought of this made Kyungsoo grimace and Kai couldn't help but notice the look on his face. He walked closer to Kyungsoo and took his hands in his. 

"Are you alright?", Kai asked concerned. He brushed his thumbs against his hands to which Kyungsoo looked up at him, smiled, then nodded.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks for everything. I just have a bit of a headache from all that's been happening. It's too much to handle", Kyungsoo answered honestly. 

"Well, you can change your clothes and lay down on my bed. I'll get some water and an aspirin for you, okay?", Kai smiled as he said this and let go of Kyungsoo's hands. He pouted a little when Kai left the room. Kyungsoo did as he was told and changed out of his clothes. He then walked to the bed and carefully laid down on it. Kai came back as soon as he got comfortable with the aspirin and water.

"Here," Kai said handing his the items," I'll be in the living room if you need anything. When you're done resting we can go out to eat."

"Thanks." Kyungsoo replied. He took the aspirin in his mouth and swallowed some water. He put the remaining water on the table next to the bed. Kai left Kyungsoo alone in the room once again and closed the door slightly. Kyungsoo made himself comfortable once again. He thought about how Kai had treated him the pass few days and he was thankful for him. A smile crept on his face and he felt something in his stomach that he couldn't describe. He always felt it when he was with Kai or merely thought about him. His eyes soon got heavy as sleep took over him.

 

Kai walked into the living and plopped himself onto the couch. He picked up his phone to ask Luhan if he wanted to come to dinner with him and Kyungsoo later. He felt bad for letting him down this morning so he hoped he'd forgive him. He looked at his phone and the time read 4:30pm. He didn't realize how much time was spent and Kyungsoo's house earlier that day. He swiftly punched in Luhan's number and put the phone to his ear. The phone rang but then it went to voicemail.

"Hm, That's strange." Kai said quietly to himself.

He dialed his number again but Luhan still didn't answer. He decided on sending him a text.

Text To: Luhan

Hey Lulu. You aren't still mad at me from this morning are you? 

Kai put his phone next to him and put the television on as he waited for Luhan to reply. He surfed through the channels for a bout 5 minutes when his phone buzzed. He picked it up and it was a text from Luhan.

Text From: Luhan

:( no

Kai giggled to himself because he pictured Luhan pouting in front of him. 

Text To: Luhan

Keke good because I want to make it up to you. How about you come to dinner with Kyungsoo and I at around 7pm?

Kai patiently waited for Luhan to reply. His phone buzzed again.

Text From: Luhan

Is Kyungsoo going to be everywhere you go? -__-

Kai raised his eyebrow as his friend's reply. It wasn't like Luhan to become jealous, then again he never had a reason to.

Text To: Luhan

Well, no but he's my friend and I wasn't planning on leaving him home.

Text From: Luhan

Alright. Fine. I'll be there at 6:30pm

Text To: Luhan

Awww yay Lulu! See ya then

Kai was relieved that Luhan said yes to coming to dinner with them. He didn't want Luhan to stay upset with him for something they could easily get over. For now, Kai just watched television until Kyungsoo woke up. He was slowly dozing off himself so he just closed his eyes and decided to rest a bit. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kai awoke to the sound of his phone ringing. He shot up and picked it up without looking at the caller id.

"Yah! I'm on my way. I'll be there in 10 minutes tops", Luhan had said through the phone.

"Alright", Kai said before the line went dead. He got up from the couch, rubbing is eyes and walked towards his room to wake Kyungsoo up. When he opened the door, Kyungsoo wasn't there. He knew he shouldn't panic because there was no other place he would be. He walked to the kitchen and he wasn't there either. Kai walked towards the bathroom when he suddenly heard the toilet flush. He felt more at ease now. He heard the water running then it stopped. Kai stood in front of the door waiting for Kyungsoo to walk out.

"Oh. You're awake!", Kyungsoo said with a small smile on his lips. 

"Y-Yeah. Um get ready for dinner. Luhan's coming with us and he'll be here in 10 minutes", Kai told him.

"Alright."

Kai followed Kyungsoo to his bedroom and started looking for something he could wear as well. While he was rummaging through his closet, Kyungsoo had already found what to wear and began changing in front of him. When Kyungsoo took off his shirt, Kai's eyes moved away from the closet because he found a shirt that he liked. He turned to see a shirtless Kyungsoo. His eyes trailed down his body and he unconsciously his lips. He was so distracted until Kyungso noticed how Kai was looking at him.

"K-Kai? What's w-wrong? Why are you l-looking at me like that?", Kyungsoo stammered. His cheeks were flushed with dark red and he was sure he saw Kai's face glistening with sweat.

Kai snapped out the trance he was in and looked away quickly. "N-Nothing. I was just- nothing." Kai quickly turned around and walked towards his drawer to grab a pair of jeans. Kyungsoo was blushing so hard at that moment. He tried to stop the smile was creeping on his lips but he couldn't.

"Okay then, Kai", Kyungsoo said quietly. He knew what Kai was doing but he didn't want to make the younger feel more embarrassed. So Kyungsoo dressed himself without saying a word and walked out of the room before Kai took off his clothes for he feared he'd get caught doing the same thing Kai had done to him.


 

A/N: :3 Hellooooo~

I'm so stressed out with school and exams coming up! I just want it to be overrrr~ And recently, I've gotten a cold. Mianhe ;~; forgive me for I haven't proof read this since I'm so busy. Hope this chapter does you well, Ne? :D