Chapter 23

The Only Exception

A sudden feeling of dread washed over Kyungsoo. He had dropped the pair of jeans he was holding once he had heard the voice of the person that approached him. The clattering of the hanger against the floor didn't stir any movements out of him at all. Kyungsoo was scared. He was scared out of his and he feared that if he looked up at the owner of the voice, he would probably piss himself right then a there. What the do I do? Run? No, that'll make me look more weak than I already know I am. Kyungsoo sighed and decided to stand his ground. He wasn't going to be belittled anymore. He wasn't going to let anyone push him around because he knew that he was stronger than that.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes after hearing the person speak again and they continued with a mocking laugh. Kyungsoo looked up to face him.

And it would be a lie if Kyungsoo didn't expect a smirk creeping on his father's face.

"What do you want?" 

Not that Kyungsoo actually wants the answer. He could care less. He just wants him gone and out of his life forever. However, things don't always go one's way, right?

Kyungsoo's father replied with a sardonic laugh making Kyungsoo cringe. What the is so funny? It is then that Kyungsoo decides he'd had enough and he attempts to walk away when a hand latches on to his forearm. 

"You didn't let me reply. My dear son, I actually wanted to talk with you. You see, being your guardian and all, I'm very worried about your sudden disappearance. Why on Earth would you want to run away from the loving household you were raised in? I know I'm not as good a cook as your mother bu-"

"Don't give me that bull. I don't wat to hear it. You're full of . And don't you dare speak of my mother. You must be out of your ing mind if you think I'll ever want to talk to you ever again."

"Is that anyway to speak to your father?" It was a woman's voice that spoke this time. This . His father's fiance suddenly appeared with a smirk on her face. She looked like a stuck up if you asked Kyungsoo. She was wearing a dress that was practically skin tight and stilettos. I could mistake her for a stripper. She stopped next to your father and clung to his arm and eyed Kyungsoo.

"Is that anyway to dress? Considering you're like 60 or something."

And that comment earned Kyungsoo a slap on the same cheek Kai had hit him earlier this morning. It took everything in Kyungsoo not to lunge forward at her and strangled her to death but he knew there were cameras all over the store so he stopped himself. Instead, he let out a loud screech.

"Why the are you putting your hands on me!?" Kyungsoo yelled. There weren't many people in the store and those who happened to catch a glimpse of what was going on disappeared as soon as they caught Kyungsoo's father glaring at them. Kai immediately dropped the few pieces of clothing he was planning on buying once he had heard Kyungsoo's voice. 

"Kyungsoo! You all ri-" Kai stopped mid sentence and stopped a feet behind Kyungsoo once he had found him. His gaze met a rather tall man glaring at Kyungsoo and a woman next to him. Holy . That must be his father. Looks like he brought that bitc-

"That's the who was with Kyungsoo that day he took his stuff. He threatened me, oppa."

Kyungsoo and Kai gagged at the same time. The way she was acting was utterly disgusting. 

"One, I'm not an . Two, why did you put your hands on Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo's father let out another mocking laugh that was enough to set Kai off. His temper was short and the way Kyungsoo's father just began laughing made his blood boil.

"Yah! What the is so funny?"

"Kyungsoo, you should really get better friends. More friends like Suho. He wasn't so short tempered or rude towards authority."

Kyungsoo scoffed. "You ought to find women who aren't considering you have one clinging to you like a sloth does to a tree."

Kyungsoo's father eyes were burning holes through Kyungsoo. His father would not tolerate such disrespect from anyone, including his son. He lifted his hand to throw a punch at Kyungsoo and he shut his tight, waiting for it to come. It didn't, however, because Kai pushed him aside making him fall to the floor and his father hit Kai's chest instead. Kai placed his hand on his chest and stumbled back a bit. He let out a deep breath from the impact of the punch.

"D-Don't ing touch him. Don't even try to touch him again." Kai said as he tried to breath evenly again.

"What are you? Some ing savior for Kyungsoo? You know, you can't save him forever. I'll get him one day and he'll get the little gift I've been waiting to give him for the past few weeks." His gaze went to the boy who was picking himself up from the floor. "And you," he turned his gaze back to Kai." won't be there to save poor Kyungsoo." He smirked and walked away. His fiance, however, walked up to Kai instead.

"You should really stop making him mad. Stay out of our way and our business. When oppa is mad, he doesn't spend enough time with me. If you continue, I'll have to handle you myself." She grinned and winked at Kai before following Kyungsoo's father out of the door.

"ing ." Kai muttered.

Kyungsoo walked up to Kai slowly and the latter looked at him worriedly. He quickly embraced Kyungsoo, enveloping him with ease and placed his head on top of his.

"I'm s-sorry." Kyungsoo whispered, his voice slightly cracking.

"Don't worry, okay. I won't let him or her hurt you Kyungie. I've made it my promise and I intend to keep it." 

Kai rubbed circles around Kyungsoo's back hoping to soothe the shorter boy.

Kai, he's more powerful than you think.

 


 

A/N: Short update, mianhe :( I just wanted to get this drama filled part out so you guys wouldn't have to wait longer xD And since I only have 5 more days of work, I'll be able to update more once I'm finished ^^