Chapter 1

The Only Exception

It was raining, hard. Jongin was contemplating on whether he should go out to get dinner because of how late it was. On cue, his stomach began to growl. He'd been so busy studying that he forgot to cook and suddenly became too lazy to do so. He jumped up from the couch, grabbed his jacket, put on his shoes, and grabbed an umbrella. There was a take out restaurant that wasn't too far from where he lived and they opened late so he headed there. To his luck, the rain began to get heavier so he walked faster to the restaurant. When he arrived, he went to the counter to order what he wanted. He waited patiently as his food was being prepared. The cashier handed him his food once it was done and he paid the amount due. He  bowed and walked out of the restaurant.

Considering how late it was getting, Jongin decided to take the shorter way home, which was through a park near by. He stepped in the park trying to get home as fast as he could. As he was walking past a bench in the park, a small figure was in his peripheral view. He slowed his pace down, being cautious of his surroundings. There was a boy, around his age, sitting there in the pouring rain. Jongin hesitated on the thought of approaching the boy. He looked so lifeless and pale. Even though Jongin avoided these kind of situations, he walked towards him anyway. He looked at the boy for a minute before speaking.

"A-Are you alright?"

The boy didn't respond. He just looked at Jongin, fear and pain obvious in his eyes. Jongin saw that his eyes were blood-shot red and tears were falling out of the boys eyes through the rain. The boy began to shiver from the cold. He didn't want to leave the boy out here, fearing he'd die of pneumonia or something. Jongin slowly walked closer to him and reached his hand out to the boy  

"Come on", he said with sincerity in his voice.

The boy hesitantly took his hand, feeling some of the warmth Jongin had. He put the umbrella above both of them and headed to his apartment. Why am I doing this? Jongin thought to himself. He felt so cold against Jongin's hand. He walked faster with the boy trying to get into the warmth as soon as possible.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

When they reach the building, the heat hit the boy pleasantly. Jongin lead him to the elevator and pressed his floor's number. Luckly he wasn't too high up because the ride would've been more than awkward. Jongin looked at the boy. His hair was wet, lying on face beautifully. He was shorter than Jongin and had pink plump lips that fit his face nicely. He turned away trying to avoid any more thoughts. 

The bell of the elevator rung, startling Jongin a bit. The boy was looking down the whole ride up. He was so confused as to why Jongin had taken him in while every other person that walked though the park just walked passed him, without hesitation. He followed behind Jongin to his apartment, watching Jongin insert his key. Once the door was open, they both stepped inside and Jongin closed the door behind then. 

Jongin dropped his umbrella by the door and took off his shoes and jacket. He motioned for the boy to take his shoes off. Once he did so, he walked toward the bathroom and the boy followed. 

"What's your name?", Jongin asked.

"K-Kyungsoo", he responded almost above a whisper.

"I-I don't normally do this", Jongin stated. "But it would if you got really sick so you have to get out of those wet clothes".

He moved his hands to towards the hem of the Kyungsoo's shirt but he quickly stopped Jongin's hands. "I-I can't", he said.

"Why not?", Jongin asked curiously. He moved his hand and it accidently touched Kyungsoo's stomach. He heard the boy wince and Jongin looked up straight into his eyes. He touched the same area again and he winced once again.

"Does it hurt?", Jongin asked with concern. He nodded, eyes shut. He didn't know this guy, yet he felt so bad for him. He lifted Kyungsoo's shirt higher which revealed the black and blue bruises on his stomach. Jongin grimaced at the painful sight.

 

 


 Author: Omfg this is my first fic so please bare with me. I know it's kinda short but the second chapter should be longer. I hope you guys like this ;~; but any critiques are welcome since I'm new to this fanfiction thing. I'll update as soon as I can. <3 I got so many subs before I wrote this chapter.

Woot Woooot!~ 

Thanks so much!