Chapter 30

The Only Exception

In a matter of 6 hours, the two boys were awake, both getting ready for what would be their first official date together. Kai was the first one to wake up, taking that as the opportunity to call in and make sure that everything he had planned was perfect. Soon after, he woke up Kyungsoo and they both began to get ready.

Kai was the first to be dressed, clad in a white v-neck shirt, a cardigan, khaki pants, and loafers. He sat quietly in the sitting room with his hands clasped together. On the outside, he looked fairly calm. However, he was anything but. He was really nervous because the only thoughts that were flowing through his head was everything going wrong. He was praying over and over again that things would be fine. He couldn't help but feel this way, though. He just wanted everything to be perfect for Kyungsoo.

As soon as Kyungsoo's name ran through Kai's mind, the shorter male quietly entered the sitting room clad in a black blazer with the sleeves rolled up, a grey v-neck, stylish black dress pants, and loafers. He stopped by the couch, his cheeks brightening up with pink, and looked at Kai. The said male looked up at Kyungsoo with astonishment. He quickly got up and stood in front of Kyungsoo. He didn't say anything, he just stared at him lovingly. Kyungsoo was beginning to feel nervous under Kai's gaze.

"D-Do I look okay?' Kyungsoo asked quietly. Kai blinked and came out of his reverie, realizing he'd been staring for way too long.

"You look.....amazing." He whispered. Kyungsoo blushed.

"So do you." Kyungsoo smiled, eyes turning into crescents as his let out a sigh of relief. 

"Ready to go?" Kai asked. Kyungsoo nodded and Kai swiftly wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's waist, leading him out of the hotel room.

When they exited the building, there was a car already waiting and Kai led them both to the shiny black vehicle. Kyungsoo looked at Kai, who just smiled at him and opened the door. They settled in the backseat of the car and without a word, the driver drove off. 

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked Kai quietly, gazing up at him.

"You'll see." Kai wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's waist, holding him close. 

Sometime later, the car came to a stop in front of a building. It had large windows, giving a wonderful view of the inside. Both men exited the car and the driver drove off. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did he not ask for money?" Kyungsoo asked, slightly confused.

"I took care of everything, don't worry about it." Kai chuckled lightly and took Kyungsoo's hand in his. 

They walked closer towards the building and Kyungsoo was utterly amazed at how beautiful it looked. The lights from the inside illuminated the building perfectly on a night like this one. They both walked inside and Kai led them both to a man standing near the entrance. Kyungsoo looked around and took in his surroundings while Kai told the man his name which was what the reservation was under. 

"Follow me." The man said, leading the two men towards the far side of the restaurant where they had an outside view of the location of the restaurant. They stopped in front of a table for two and the man bowed before leaving them alone. They both took their seats and immediately looked outside of the window at the view. There was a patio and further ahead was a river. They could see a great bit of Jeju Island from where they were sitting. They could see lights of other buildings that over looked the island. Kai turned his head away from the view and looked at Kyungsoo's face. The latter was in awe, causing Kai to smile. Kyungsoo felt Kai's gaze upon him and smiled sheepishly after turning away from the view.

"This is really beautiful, Jongin-ah. Thank you." Kyungsoo said quietly, a faint blush on his cheeks. 

'This is only the beginning." Kyungsoo widened his eyes and Kai just smirked. 

The both picked up their menus and looked through it for what they wanted. Soon after, a waitress came, politely asking what they wanted. They both recited what they had chosen and she took their menus before leaving. Minutes later, she came back with two glasses of water. Kai took a sip from one of the glasses, hoping it would ease his nerves. It didn't. Although he knew Kyungsoo would appreciate everything, he wouldn't be content until they got back to the hotel without anything going wrong. Without him noticing it, he began shaking his leg, catching Kyungsoo's attention. 

"Jongin, are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Uh yeah...I'm fine." Kai forced a smile and averted his gaze from Kyungsoo. The older boy frowned. 

"Are you nervous or something?" Kai hated how Kyungsoo knew him so well. When Kai looked at Kyungsoo but didn't respond, the latter knew he was right. He reached his arm across the table and took Kai's hand, giving him a reassuring smile at the same time.

"Don't be nervous. I already love everything you've done for me. I don't even deserve all of this, honestly." Kyungsoo squeezed his hand softly and Kai smiled. 

"No, Kyungsoo. You deserve to be spoiled and to be treated with love and care. You deserve it all....after all you've been through. I just hope that I can succeed with all of that." Kai looked down.

"You already have! You make me so happy and even within the short time that I've known you, I feel like I've known you for forever, Jongin. Everything is perfect." He brushed his thumb across the back of Kai's hand, grinning at him. Kai broke into a grin as well because honestly, who could resist a contagious smile like Kyungsoo's? 

The waitress came back with their meals and drinks on a tray and she carefully placed them on the table. There was an exchange of thank you and you're welcome before the waitress left again. Both males began to eat happily, speaking little and eating more, stealing glances once in a while. Kai was the first to finish before he slouched back into his chair with a loud sigh of content. Soon after, Kyungsoo did the same, identical grins on each of their faces. The waitress came by with their tab and Kai paid it immediately. 

"Ready to go?" Kai asked after they've sat in silence for a while.

"Yeah."

Kai got up and took Kyungsoo's hand in his before exiting the restaurant into the cool breeze of the night. Kai interlaced their fingers together and led them down a path. Kyungsoo couldn't stop smiling as he anticipated where they were heading. The walk wasn't a short one but it wasn't long either.

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked, becoming impatient.

"Have patience, Kyungie." Kai chuckled.

As the two kept walking, a beach came into view. It was occupied by a few people but it wasn't crowded. Kyungsoo looked up at Kai and smiled and Kai smiled back. However, Kyungsoo soon became confused again when they didn't walk onto the sand but instead, Kai lead them to the parking lot area. Without saying anything, Kai led them a shiny silver car that was parked in the lot. He pulled out a pair of keys from his pocket and unlocked the door.

"Jongin....who's car is this?" 

"I rented it." Kai smiled brightly at him. He opened the back door of the car and began to take off his cardigan. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and took of his blazer and put in the back seat where Kai put his cardigan. Kai closed the door and locked it, putting the keys into his pocket before leading Kyungsoo to the beach once again. They took of their shoes and placed them neatly at the top of the beach. Then, they rolled up the hem of their pants before stepping into the sand hand in hand. Kyungsoo giggled after feeling the sand in between his toes. 

"I don't want to put my feet in the water. It's cold!" Kyungsoo all but whined when they were getting closer to the water.

"Aw c'mon. Please?" Kai pouted and Kyungsoo huffed but nodded. They walked into the water and Kyungsoo let out a squeak, causing Kai to burst into a fit of laughter. Kyungsoo let go of Kai's hand roughly and folded his arms across his chest and frowned.

"What's....wrong...Kyungie?" Kai said in between giggles. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and stormed away from Kai, trying to walk as fast as possible in the sand. 

"Kyungie~ don't go!" Kai couldn't stop giggling as he ran to catch up with Kyungsoo. As he was wrapping his arms around the latter from behind, he tripped on his own foot, making both of them fall in the sand, and they both began to laugh.

"Kai, let me go!" Kyungsoo screeched. Kai wrapped his arms tighter around Kyungsoo's waist, laughing loudly and rolling in the sand.

"Nope!"

After a few moments of laughter, they both calmed down and stood up, dusting the sand off of their clothing. When they looked up and met each other's gaze, they both broke into a grin.

"I'm still mad at you.' Kyungsoo forced a frown on his face. Kai just smiled and walked closer to Kyungsoo, closing the distance between them. He placed his hands on Kyungsoo's waist and leaned in to press their foreheads together. They stared into each other's eyes before Kai broke the short lived silence.

"Are you really?" Kai said in a low husky voice. Kyungsoo's breath hitched when he felt Kai's breath ghost over his skin and he found it difficult to respond. Kai smirked and leaned in slowly, kissing Kyungsoo on his lips lightly. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, ready to wrap his arms around Kai and melt into the kiss but the younger pulled away. Kyungsoo whimpered at the loss of contact.

"Still mad at me, huh Kyungsoo-yah?" Kai whispered and Kyungsoo swallowed thickly before narrowing his eyes at Kai. Kai giggled and Kyungsoo slapped his chest lightly. 

"Kiss me properly and I won't be mad at you." Kyungsoo demanded.

"My pleasure." Kai captured Kyungsoo's slips before the latter had time to react and held onto his waist tighter. Kyungsoo's eyes shut immediately and he wrapped his arms around Kai's neck, pulling him closer. Kai on Kyungsoo's lower lip, earning a mewl from the shorter boy. Kai smirked in the kiss and nimbled on Kyungsoo's lower lip before pulling away when there was suddenly a lack of oxygen, pressing his head against Kyungsoo's, while both of them stood in the the middle of the beach, panting, as the moonlight illuminated their faces.

"Am I forgiven?" Kai asked in a lower whisper. Kyungsoo blushed and his lips.

"Definately." 

 

 


A/N: Holy frick. It's been what? 2 months since I last updated? JFC I'm so sorry you guys had to wait so long for this short piece of crap. 

The only excuses I have is being tied up with school, lack of inspiration, and life itself. BUT LUCKLY I only have 1 hw assignment this weekend and I was able to update without anyone bothering me (Well yeah people bothered me but not as much as last week).

I've made too many promises that I can't keep and I honestly feel like for doing that but /sigh/ things tend to come up unexpectedly and it just s up my plans when I really want to update. ANYWHO I hope this chapter will suffice???

Oh, I've made a twitter so....if you want to know what the hell I'm doing when I'm not updating, you can follow me here and scold me personally :D

I'd also like to thank you LOVELY people to staying with me and not unsubscribing <3 You guys are the best tbh & idk where I'd be if you guys weren't here to support me throughout this fic. I hope you guys understand me and realize that it isn't easy writing these things lol I'm trying my best to please you all~~ Hugs & Kissessss omg this is way too long...bai~