Chapter 20

The Only Exception

Luhan was peering through the window, carefully looking at the features of his surroundings. He was slowly figuring out where Kai was taking him but now quite. His heart began racing when Kai parked in a big parking lot that had many other cars as well. The parking lot was surrounded by trees. Kai turned off the engine and pulled out his keys from the ignition. 

"We're here!" Kai beamed.

"Kai, where the hell are we?!" Luhan exclaimed in disbelief.

"Just wait a little longer, okay?" Kai smirked and opened to door to get out of the car. Luhan rolled his eyes and followed suit.

Luhan followed Kai out of the parking lot and down a path surrounded by trees. Luhan crossed his arms across his chest getting impatient. Kai saw his expression and chuckled to himself. Kai turned a corner and out of the path of trees to a completely different area. Luhan widened his eyes in shock.

"Lotte World!?!" Luhan yelled in excitement. He hadn't been there since he was young. The thought of his childhood suddenly made him shiver. He had many good memories at Lotte world but he suddenly remembered one of his biggest fears, heights. When Kai's hand grabbed his arm, it pulled Luhan out of his thoughts.

Kai pulled Luhan into Lotte world and they waited on line at the ticket booth. Luhan stared straight ahead without saying a word. Kai on the other hand was grinning like a little kid. He grabbed Luhan's arm again when it was their turn to purchase their tickets. Once they were done, Kai dragged Luhan to the nearest roller coaster. It was the tallest one at Lotte world.

"Lulu~, we're going on that first!" Kai exclaimed as he pointed to the ride. Luhan's eyes widened before pulling his hand out of Kai's grip. The latter looked at him and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"K-Kai....I-I don't want to go on that. N-Not yet." Luhan stammered.

"O-Okay. We'll go on something else okay?" Kai said with a smile and took Luhan's hand again.

Kai and Luhan walked around the park and saw the pirate ship ride. The line there wasn't too long so Kai stopped there. He looked at Luhan to make sure he was okay with this ride and the latter nodded his head and gave him a weak smile. Deep down, Luhan was scared as hell. Whenever he rode this, his stomach churned. He hated the feeling because he was sure he would vomit. Kai lead Luhan to the line and held his hand the whole time. He was aware now that Luhan wasn't to fond of rides that go to high levels. When it was their turn to aboard the ride, Kai squeezed his hand a little. They sat in one of the seats towards the back because it was the only seats left. 

"You gonna be okay?" Kai whispered in Luhan's ear. Luhan just nodded.

"If you want to get off, we could."

"N-No. I want to ride it. I don't want you to miss out on the fun." Luhan looked at Kai and smiled, his eyes turning into a crescent shape. 

"But Lulu, I brought you here for you to have fun." 

"And I will Jongin-ah" Luhan grinned. Kai raised his eyebrows.

"I can't remember the last time anyone has called me that." he said chuckling. The boys stopped talking once they heard that the ride was about to start. Luhan, who was smiling widely previously, he gone stone cold. In a matter of seconds, the ride started and he clung onto Kai. Kai smiled and held Luhan close to him, knowing he was going to start screaming soon. The pirate ship began to sway, not going too high at first.

"Not to bad huh Luhan?' Kai said quietly. Luhan didn't respond. The ride progressed, increasing it's height as it swayed and the screams were heard from the passengers aboard the ride. Luhan was screaming like he was going to die.

"Woohooo!" Kai shouted. He was about to put his arms up but Luhan grabbed it and he screamed his lungs out with his eyes shut tight.

The ride died down and it was then the end of Luhan and Kai's first ride. The boys walked out of the pirate ship and Luhan still had a strong grip around Kai.

"Lulu~, it wasn't that bad." Kai said rubbing his back. Luhan looked up at Kai.

"Y-Yes it was. I feel all queasy now." Luhan whined.

"You want to sit down somewhere?' Luhan nodded.

They walked to a sitting area where people usually ate food. Kai saw a cotton candy stand and he looked at it eagerly. Luhan looked at where Kai was looking and smiled.

"You can go get some." Luhan said snapping Kai out of his daze. Kai smiled sheepishly and made his way to the stand. He came back quickly with his cotton candy and sat across from Luhan again.

"You want some?" Kai asked as he stuffed his mouth with the sweet substance. Luhan thought about it for a bit before nodding his head.

"Say 'ah'" Kai cooed. Luhan rolled his eyes but complied with Kai's request. Luhan opened his mouth and Kai put the cotton candy in his mouth. Luhan closed his mouth, but Kai's index finger was still inside of it. Luhan's lips were wrapped around Kai's finger as he on the cotton candy that was melting on his tongue causing him to on Kai's finger as well. Kai looked at Luhan nervously but didn't remove his finger. When Luhan had finished the piece of cotton candy, he removed his lips from Kai's finger, who slowly brought his hand back to his side.

"It taste good.....sweet." Luhan said, showing Kai his famous eye smile. Kai just chuckled and continued to eat his cotton candy. Here and there, he would feed Luhan some more of it. 

Luhan and Kai got up from the sitting area once they were finished eating the cotton candy to go on more rides. They went on various rides that weren't too bad for Luhan. They played games and Kai tried his hardest to win a prize for Luhan. He failed multiple times but he did end up getting Luhan a deer key chain. Luhan beamed when he got it and put it on his keys immediately. Kai was happy that Luhan appreciated it. 

"K-Kai," Luhan said once they have riden most of the rides. "I want to ride t-the r-roller coaster from earlier."

"You sure? You don't hav-"

"I want to. I need to get over my fears. Let's go."

Luhan pulled Kai's arm and walked to the roller coaster. Since it was getting late, the line wasn't as long as before. Kai stood on the line with Luhan and looked at the ride with amazement. He was smiling widely. Luhan was a bit nervous as he was staring down at his feet. He looked up when Kai took him to go take a sit in the roller coaster. Luhan was shaking and Kai had noticed. Once they were seated, the safety bar was locked underneath their arms to secure them. 

"If you need to, you can hold my hand, okay?"

After Kai's words, they heard that the ride was going to start. As soon as it did, Luhan gripped onto Kai's hand tight. Kai just smiled and squeezed it. The ride began to move forward and Luhan held his breath. 

"Oh ." Luhan kept repeating as the coaster moved upward. He held Kai's hand so tight and shut his eyes. He was regretting getting on the ride now but there was no turning back now. When It was at the top, Kai grinned. The drop was his favorite part and it did eventually drop, Kai screamed in delight. Luhan screamed and yelled all the profanities that he had known. He swore when it twisted, turned, and when it went upside down. When the ride ended, he was breathingly heavily. 

"That...was ing awesome!!" Kai yelled. He turned his head toward Luhan and saw that the latter was crying. Hot tears err falling down his cheeks and his eyes were still shut closed. When the safety bar was released, Kai wrapped his arms around him and took him out of the ride and walked him out of the theme park.

"Aww Lulu, don't cry, okay. You did it! I'm so proud of you." Kai said and he hugged Luhan tight. He rubbed his back and Luhan's crying was coming to a halt. Luhan pulled out of Kai's embrace and looked at Kai. He wiped his years away before speaking.

"Thank you for making this one of th best days of my life." Luhan said smiling. He as telling the truth. Even though he was crying, he couldn't help but feel extremely happy.

"Anytime Lulu~" Kai said. Luhan hugged Kai again and kissed him on his cheek. Kai's cheeks grew pink. 

"I deserved the kiss this time." Luhan just rolled his eyes and slapped his arm playfully. 

Kai took Luhan to go eat some burgers at the theme park. It tasted just as Luhan had remembered as a child. Once they were finished eating, they got ready to leave. Kai looked at his phone and it read 9:36pm. It was a good thing it was a Friday night otherwise he'd surely wake up late in the morning. They walked back to the parking lot at got into Kai'd car. They bucked their seatbelts and Kai reached in his pocket to get his keys.

"I'm really thankful to have a best friend like you." Luhan said as he looked at Kai. He was blushing as the words came out of his mouth.

"I'm the lucky one. I'm glad you had fun." Kai chuckled. "The way you screamed on the last roller coaster was pric-"

"Shut the hell up Kai!" Luhan screamed and punched his arm. He winced and lifted his hands as if he was surrendering. 

"Alright. Alright. I'll take you home, it's getting late." Kai put his key in the ignition and drove out of the parking lot and into the streets under the night lights. Luhan was looking out of the window with a big smile plastered on his face. He couldn't ask for a more perfect person then Kai himself.


A/N; anshjsksjsb late update again ;~; mian. I recently got a "job" and a lots been going on. This chappie is Lukai/kailu because they have been inspiring me lately lol. Kaisoo 5ever though :3