Chapter 3

The Only Exception

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before he spoke. The way Jongin was looking at him gave the courage to speak up in front of him. 

"My mom died three weeks ago", he spoke. "And it was my fault." He turned away from Jongin, afraid tears would fall. He blinked fast trying to stop them but it was no use. His vision became blurry when he spoke again. "If only I ran to protect her faster, the bullet would've hit me. Not her." Kyungsoo was crying at this point. His words somewhat incoherent but Jongin was still able to understand him

"S-She's gone because of me", he wailed. He tried to wipe his tears but they came pouring out. "Even though the guy who shot her is in prison, I want him dead.", he whispered. "Dead." Kyungsoo was trembling and Jongin moved closer to him, embracing him. 

"Even my father knows it's my fault. H-He blames me.", he continued. "Since the funeral, he's lost control."

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, trying to comprehend what he was saying but he kept talking.

"He took every chance he had to get at me. Beating me senseless."

Jongin was disturbed listening to what had happen to Kyungsoo. He knew his mother's death wasn't his fault. Unconsciously, he moved his hand to Kyungsoo's face, wiping his tears away. He looked up at Jongin, eyes full of distress. 

"Don't cry, okay?", Jongin whispered to him. "It's not your fault."

"But it I-", Kyungsoo argued.

"It's not", Jongin reassured. 

Kyungsoo laid his head on Jongin's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. 

"How long?", Kyungsoo asked Jongin.

"Until what?"

"Until you send me back to my father?"

Jongin pulled away from Kyungsoo and placed both hands on his shoulders. "You're not going back there, okay?"

"I can't stay here. I don't even know you and I-I feel out of place. I'd feel like I'm living off of you or something", Kyungsoo protested.

"You can stay here. It get's lonely here anyway. And if getting to know me better will keep you from going back that monster, then so be it", Jongin said.

Kyungsoo hesitated. He didn't want to be someone else's responsibility. He sighed, "Alright."

Jongin smiled. "Cool. My name is Jongin by the way." He took his hand and placed it in front of Kyungsoo. He looked at his hand and smiled before shaking it. 

"Nice to meet you Jongin", he said.

"But you can call me Kai. Most of my friends call me that anyway and hearing people call me 'Jongin' is a bit weird", he laughed. 

"Well, whatever nickname you come up with for me, I'm alright with it", Kyungoo giggled. 

Kai patted Kyungsoo's back and stood up, "It's getting late and you need to rest."

Kyungsoo nodded and began to lay down on the couch when he winced.

"Oh no, you're sleeping in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch, okay?", Kai said. "Come, I'll show you the room."

Kyungsoo slowly got up and followed Kai down the small hallway pass the bathroom. They stopped at a door and Kai opened it, motioning Kyungsoo to walk in. He did as he was told and he walked toward the bed. 

"Well, this is it. If you need anything you can call me. If I don't respond, then I'm really knocked out", he beamed. 

Kyungsoo smiled. "Okay. Thanks for everything, again".

"Don't worry about it, really."

Kyungsoo layed down on the bed and got underneath the covers. When his eyes began to close, Kai left and close the door slightly. 

He walked back into the living room and looked at his phone. It was 12:15am. He yawned, too lazy to brush his teeth and plopped himself on the couch. His phone made a noise, signaling he had a text. He opened it.

Text From: Luhan 

- I'm coming over in the morning to study, i lost my physics book :(

Kai giggled to himself and replied.

Text To: Luhan

- Lmao yea sure whatever, but you'll be meeting a new friend of mine. :D

Kai put his phone on the table and got up to turn of the lights. He went back to lay down on the couch and closed his eyes. Soon, he was fast asleep. 


 

Author: Hohoho I finally got this chapter out -phew-.

I bet you want to know what Luhan's reaction will be eh? No? Yes? lmao okay Well thank you thank you thank youuuu for the sweet comments and the wonderful subbers <3 I might be able to update later, MIGHT.